Current Events > The DUmpster

Things that Didn't Happen for $100, Alex

(1/4) > >>

Karin:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215886196

--- Quote ---Star Member Best_man23 (3,801 posts)

Worked a booth at Fall Festival next to County Republicant Party booth, LET ME TELL YOU!
The festival was in a deep red part of Virginia and the cray-cray was thick and heavy there, all day. Just a few examples of the crap being spewed:

"The TaLiBaN are coming, The TaLiBaN are coming..."

"I'm Red, White, and Blue to my "Murican core."

"I need to watch more Faux News."

"Virginia needs an election audit because tRump won Virginia." (fact: Biden/Harris won Virginia by 10% of the vote, and the state was called on Election night.)

"I get my information from three sources, QAnon, OAN, and the NRA."

and my personal favorite, which I think came from someone working the R's booth:

"Stay militant."

Late in the day, someone came over from the local Democratic party booth and apologized to us for having to endure the cray-cray.

--- End quote ---

:lmao:

People don't talk like that you moron. 

SVPete:

--- Quote from: Karin on September 23, 2021, 08:46:53 AM ---https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215886196

:lmao:

People don't talk like that you moron.

--- End quote ---

:hi5: earned and issued. That OP was so larded with stupid stereotypes that even devoted DUers should have buried that thread in Cool Story Bros. But not one of the Replies, so far, called it out as the low-grade :bouncy: -fiction it so obviously is.

Just one example of how non-credible this :bouncy: is ......... in the context of Covid, county fair booths would be even farther apart than they already normally are. Because Covid. So how, exactly, could Star Moron Best_man23 have overheard and understood all he claims to have heard? ::)  ::)  ::)

67 Rover:
Were there truck nuts and Dixie flags hanging form the booth as well? :whatever:

ADsOutburst:
So, a couple days ago, I was going through my usual morning routine, listening to political YouTube and Bitchute videos. I had the window open for some fresh air. The volume must have been pretty loud, because a stranger approached my window and said, "Do you believe that right-wing propaganda?". "If that's what you think, maybe you need to hear it the most!", I replied with a chuckle.

We went back and forth like that for a bit, with the conversation turning a little heated. Finally, the stranger blurted out "Freedom of speech isn't absolute! You can't say just anything you want! You can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater! The Constitution was wri-..."

At this point, I'd had enough, and felt the need to interrupt. I turned slightly away from my debate opponent, and towards the neighborhood at large. I cupped my hands over my mouth, and shouted "FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER!!"

Some birds gathered on the lawn flew away en masse, but otherwise, there was only stunned silence. The stranger stood motionless, mouth slightly agape. We both looked in the direction of the nearby cop pruning the bushes. He shrugged, gave me the thumbs up, and said "Nah, you're good!"

The stranger sauntered off, staring at the ground and muttering something unintelligible.

I drank my coffee, and it tasted like VICTORY!

Muddling 2:

--- Quote from: ADsOutburst on September 23, 2021, 12:05:00 PM ---So, a couple days ago, I was going through my usual morning routine, listening to political YouTube and Bitchute videos. I had the window open for some fresh air. The volume must have been pretty loud, because a stranger approached my window and said, "Do you believe that right-wing propaganda?". "If that's what you think, maybe you need to hear it the most!", I replied with a chuckle.

We went back and forth like that for a bit, with the conversation turning a little heated. Finally, the stranger blurted out "Freedom of speech isn't absolute! You can't say just anything you want! You can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater!" The Constitution was wri-..."

At this point, I'd had enough, and felt the need to interrupt. I turned slightly away from my debate opponent, and towards the neighborhood at large. I cupped my hands over my mouth, and shouted "FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER!!"

Some birds gathered on the lawn flew away en masse, but otherwise, there was only stunned silence. The stranger stood motionless, mouth slightly agape. We both looked in the direction of the nearby cop pruning the bushes. He shrugged, gave me the thumbs up, and said "Nah, you're good!"

The stranger sauntered off, staring at the ground and muttering something unintelligible.

I drank my coffee, and it tasted like VICTORY!

--- End quote ---

:cheersmate:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version