Author Topic: USSC to hear arguments to overturn Roe v Wade on Dec 1st. Dems rage.  (Read 944 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://conservativebrief.com/court-announcement-51476/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD
The U.S. Supreme Court has scheduled arguments for Dec. 1 regarding a Mississippi case that seeks to overturn Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in the country.

“The Supreme Court on Monday set Dec. 1 arguments on Mississippi’s ban on abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy — a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade,” Politico reported.

“Mississippi’s ban has been blocked by lower courts because it directly violates Roe’s protections for pre-viability abortions. The hearing would come after justices this month allowed Texas to move forward with a near-total abortion ban,” Politico added.

“In taking the Mississippi case, the Supreme Court’s conservative supermajority clearly signaled its openness to revisit and potentially overturning the landmark 1973 decision that legalized abortion nationwide, with a ruling expected next year. Justices said they want to hear arguments on whether all bans on abortion before a fetus can survive outside the womb are unconstitutional. Earlier this summer, Mississippi petitioned the court to overturn Roe, contradicting the state’s previous argument that it could uphold the 15-week ban without touching the nearly 50-year-old precedent,” the report added.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:48:42 AM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: USSC to hear arguments to overturn Roe v Wade on Dec 1st. Dems rage.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:49:04 AM »
Sorry, but I just don't see COTUS overturning Roe v. Wade.

Too contentious, which is a quality that Roberts, in particular, tends to avoid especially on social issues like this one.

Look what has happened to our society and our culture in the past 20 years or so -- adoption of gay marriage, acceptance of LGBQTABC whack jobs as "normal," preponderance of cannabis usage in several states, increased acceptance of government running our lives, decreased religious activity, rise in unwed pregnancies.

In my view, these shifts point toward degradation of our culture -- not toward respecting the sanctity of unborn life.

SCOTUS may dance around Roe v. Wade in a legalistic sense, but I just don't see them reversing that ruling.

Change my mind.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 05:49:07 AM »
I don't think they will completely overturn Roe, but I would like to see them uphold the guidelines of Roe that allow restrictions after viability. That alone may send lefty into violent convulsions so that they strike out in a way that allows us to strike back.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 10:32:26 AM »
I think the simple fact that the case is even being considered horrifies the Left

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 03:08:17 PM »
I don't think they will completely overturn Roe, but I would like to see them uphold the guidelines of Roe that allow restrictions after viability. That alone may send lefty into violent convulsions so that they strike out in a way that allows us to strike back.

As I understand Roe v. Wade, "viability" occurs at the 3rd trimester and the state may regulate (read "outlaw") abortions in the interest of the unborn child except when the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother.

By "restrictions after viability", I'm assuming that you're talking about allowing the individual states to ban 3rd trimester abortions, banning of harvesting of fetal tissue after abortions, and banning of partial birth abortions, all of which is horrific and illustrates the madness that these cretins harbor.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 04:21:18 PM »
As I understand Roe v. Wade, "viability" occurs at the 3rd trimester and the state may regulate (read "outlaw") abortions in the interest of the unborn child except when the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother.

By "restrictions after viability", I'm assuming that you're talking about allowing the individual states to ban 3rd trimester abortions, banning of harvesting of fetal tissue after abortions, and banning of partial birth abortions, all of which is horrific and illustrates the madness that these cretins harbor.

If the court felt ambitious, they could assert scientific advances likewise advance viability to midpoint or even the 2nd trimester.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »
If the court felt ambitious, they could assert scientific advances likewise advance viability to midpoint or even the 2nd trimester.

That's a big "if." I can see Roberts putting the kibosh to that kind of decision, if he possibly can.

Offline trump1getoverit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
ther is hope bc they let the TX law stand

Offline trump1getoverit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 04:20:20 PM »
I think the simple fact that the case is even being considered horrifies the Left

looking at aborted babies in garbage cans is what should horrify

but they are abnormal...