Author Topic: Anger and aggression, most likely to develop in the middle stages of dementia.  (Read 436 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat May 15, 2021, 12:39 AM
Star Member UTUSN (58,948 posts)

So...honeymoon* over? - Mediaite/NYT hit on BIDEN.

See for yourself. The embedded NYT (might be paywall) article goes on about how BIDEN (they say: ) takes forever to make a decision and grills participants interminably and has a closed circle of advisers and "lashed out" at Hispanic HHS secretary BECERRA for not solving Hispanic border problems.

Is this what "shade" is?

*******QUOTE*******

https://www.mediaite.com/news/a-president-with-a-short-fuse-ny-times-deep-dive-explores-bidens-little-known-quick-temper-profane-outbursts/
‘A President With a Short Fuse’: NY Times Deep Dive Explores Biden’s Little-Known ‘Quick Temper,’ Profane Outbursts

*******UNQUOTE*****
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215432738

The doddering old fool's dementia is getting out of hand.  He's starting to get violent, lashing out at his caregivers/aides/cabinet secretaries.

Response to Celerity (Reply #24)Sat May 15, 2021, 04:14 AM
betsuni (16,291 posts)
25. No.

Hit piece, obviously.

"obscure questions"

"Mr. Biden's ire"

"outburst of frustration, often laced with profanity"

"he will often snap"

"a short fuse"

"obsessed ... sometimes to a fault"

"second-guesses himself and others"

"Mr. Biden is unwilling, or unable to skip the routine"

"flares of impatience"

"he even occasionally hangs up the phone on someone who he thinks is wasting his time"

"lashed out"

The "so-called historians" "those four white men are the ones the president goes to for a final gut-check"
Not a hit piece--more like a diagnosis.

Somebody get this to Rachel so she can get it to the liverspotted old husk of a man's caregivers/aides/cabinet secretaries:  How to Respond to Anger and Aggression in Dementia, Understanding the Causes and Finding Ways to Cope.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/anger-and-aggression-in-dementia-4134488
Anger and aggression are the most likely to develop in the middle stages of dementia, along with other challenging behaviors such as wandering, hoarding, and obsessive-compulsive behaviors.
People with dementia might not recognize their family members or friends, and this can cause fear, anxiety, and aggressive behavior. For example, a wife with dementia may try to attack her husband because she is afraid of the "strange man" in their house.
Remember to give a little space to the person living with dementia. When you invade someone's personal space and they don't understand why, you can expect resistance or combativeness with care.
You might be tempted to try to prove your point, but arguing with someone who has dementia is almost never effective. In fact, you normally will just make someone even angrier if you argue with them, and you won't "win."
When looking at causes of anger and aggression, don't forget to consider that pain, fatigue, hunger, or too much stimulation could contribute. Physical factors and environmental factors could affect behaviors and have to be carefully evaluated.

Look for patterns on timing (such as getting angry in the evening hours) as well as what happened before the outburst occurred. Was there a lot of noise, a flurry of visitors, or certain events (like bathing) that triggered a reaction. The more triggers you can identify, the better you will be at avoiding them.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

The NYT is having Seller's Remorse?

:ownit:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Response to Celerity (Reply #24)Sat May 15, 2021, 04:14 AM
betsuni (16,291 posts)
25. No.

Hit piece, obviously.

"obscure questions"

"Mr. Biden's ire"

"outburst of frustration, often laced with profanity"

"he will often snap"

"a short fuse"

"obsessed ... sometimes to a fault"

"second-guesses himself and others"

"Mr. Biden is unwilling, or unable to skip the routine"

"flares of impatience"

"he even occasionally hangs up the phone on someone who he thinks is wasting his time"

"lashed out"

The "so-called historians" "those four white men are the ones the president goes to for a final gut-check"
The language of hit pieces goes something like this:

"Anonymous sources..."

"Sources familiar with the president's thinking..."

"[Person's name], who has been accused of being a white supremacist/'alt-right'..."

"[Person's name], who has been photographed with [name of notorious person]..."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The language of hit pieces goes something like this:

"Anonymous sources..."

"Sources familiar with the president's thinking..."

"[Person's name], who has been accused of being a white supremacist/'alt-right'..."

"[Person's name], who has been photographed with [name of notorious person]..."

During the Trump Presidency, the major lefty media would post daily diatribes such as "according to a source" or "someone with direct knowledge" says Trump eats baby seals or whatever pablum they peddle to get clicks.

Translation: Some reporter heard a drunk guy in a bar/overcaffeinated Starbucks loon claim something, there is the source.  And the media doesn't care about the rules of journalism and have trusted sources anymore.  It's basically whatever they've invented in their addled minds.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
NYT publishing stories saying Biden is abusive to his staff and unable to make decisions.

That way, the 25th Amendment proceedings to install Harris won't come as a surprise.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

Has he pooped his depends yet?

you got what you cheated for so STFU :thatsright: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!