Author Topic: Daunte Wright's warrant and Kimberly Potter's background  (Read 316 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Daunte Wright's warrant and Kimberly Potter's background
« on: April 16, 2021, 09:04:41 AM »
Nexus2 (878 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215341592

When his shooting was 1st reported and most of the times I've encountered the story since, Mr. Wright's warrant was for failure to report for court or a misdemeanor gun possession charge. But while flipping yesterday, I ran across a Fox story that claimed it was for Felony armed robbery!? So far I haven't heard that anywhere else, so what gives?

in addition, has there been much revealed about Ms. Potter's background and record? Does she have complaints about similar actions and over use of violence, racial bias or outright racism in her career, anything that might hint at malicious intent?

:whatever:

Dr. Strange (24,896 posts)

2. According to the Wiki:

Wright was also facing criminal charges at the time of his death from a 2019 offense for first-degree felony aggravated robbery with a firearm. The statement of probable cause in the case alleged Wright assaulted and choked a woman before robbing her at gunpoint of $820. Wright was released from police custody for aggravated robbery charges after posting $100,000 bail. He was prohibited from owning or possessing firearms as a condition of his bail and release from police custody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Daunte_Wright#Daunte_Wright

:whatever:

Star Member Hoyt (48,337 posts)

3. I've been waiting for social media searches, disciplinary info, etc., on Potter. Have not heard any.

From what I've seen so far, I tend to think it's a horrible mistake that has happen a few times before. I do agree with charging her so that it is thoroughly investigated. AND darn sure think policies on traffic stops, search warrants, etc., need to be reviewed.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Daunte Wright's warrant and Kimberly Potter's background
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 10:05:21 AM »
Star Member Hoyt (48,337 posts)

3. I've been waiting for social media searches, disciplinary info, etc., on Potter. Have not heard any.  maybe because there aren't any disciplinary reports against her

From what I've seen so far, I tend to think it's a horrible mistake that has happen a few times before. I do agree with charging her so that it is thoroughly investigated. AND darn sure think policies on traffic stops, search warrants, etc., need to be reviewed.

I darn sure think people need to learn the proper way to behave when pulled over during a traffic stop.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Daunte Wright's warrant and Kimberly Potter's background
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:32:19 AM »
Nexus2 (878 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215341592

When his shooting was 1st reported and most of the times I've encountered the story since, Mr. Wright's warrant was for failure to report for court or a misdemeanor gun possession charge. But while flipping yesterday, I ran across a Fox story that claimed it was for Felony armed robbery!? So far I haven't heard that anywhere else, so what gives?

in addition, has there been much revealed about Ms. Potter's background and record? Does she have complaints about similar actions and over use of violence, racial bias or outright racism in her career, anything that might hint at malicious intent?
That moment when you realize you are part of an echo chamber.

Also, it sounds an awful lot like you want this to be a racially motivated killing. There may well be complaints against Potter; it doesn't mean they are valid.