Author Topic: 6 Capitol Police Officers Suspended, 29 Others Under Probe  (Read 691 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
6 Capitol Police Officers Suspended, 29 Others Under Probe
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:23:07 AM »
Cancel culture hits the cops, whose hands were arguably tied from the get-go. Some discussion from pundits about how Pelousy actually allowed minimal security measures, despite the forecasted large crowds on the 6 January rally/demonstration that turned into something a lot more malevolent, but nowhere near the "armed insurrection" that the Leftists brayed it was.

Another item of note: The Capitol Police recently returned a vote of "no confidence" to many of their senior leadership (ranking above Sergeant) and going all the way to Acting Chief Yogananda Pittman who was tossed in there a couple days after the 6 Jan. incident after the previous Chief resigned.

The business about MAGA hats and taking selfies with the cops tells me that the initial foray at the Capitol was nothing more than a harmless demonstration, but then turned ugly. Question is, who turned on the ugly and is it true that Pelousy downplayed the need for more security in an effort to allow things to go to hell so Trump could take the political backlash?

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/capitol-police-suspended-investigation/2021/02/18/id/1010642/
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: 6 Capitol Police Officers Suspended, 29 Others Under Probe
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »
The 'turning ugly' is a tactic.

The putting-together of a tactic is crafted-around a pre-packaged response.  Can well-meaning, innocent, Trump-supporting protest 'amateurs' be coaxed into appearing to be rioting... ?  -Thus the crafted response is for a riot. 

What's the most glaring omission from traditional riots we've seen everywhere thru-out human-history?  The second day of rioting.  Where was it?  To me, that's the clue of why this situation seems manufactured.

So the tactic played-out, but Trump couldn't be faulted because the response was too tied-to its original intent.  And the Capitol Police didn't behave how the original intent 'intended' them to. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 05:10:40 PM »
The 'turning ugly' is a tactic.

The putting-together of a tactic is crafted-around a pre-packaged response.  Can well-meaning, innocent, Trump-supporting protest 'amateurs' be coaxed into appearing to be rioting... ?  -Thus the crafted response is for a riot. 

What's the most glaring omission from traditional riots we've seen everywhere thru-out human-history?  The second day of rioting.  Where was it?  To me, that's the clue of why this situation seems manufactured.

So the tactic played-out, but Trump couldn't be faulted because the response was too tied-to its original intent.  And the Capitol Police didn't behave how the original intent 'intended' them to.

Good points, and it's also glaringly obvious that Capitol Police Chief Sund was the sacrificial lamb in order to provide cover for decisions made regarding security.

What a good little boy he was!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Dark Powers

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »
Pelosi wanted this. Political optics to make the right look bad. Reason for the pull back on security day of.

Those officers, I wouldn't doubt they were among some who had posed for photos with peaceful protesters.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 06:20:28 PM »
Pelosi wanted this. Political optics to make the right look bad. Reason for the pull back on security day of.

Those officers, I wouldn't doubt they were among some who had posed for photos with peaceful protesters.

LIHOP
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020