Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh passed away this morning.  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Rush Limbaugh passed away this morning.
« on: February 17, 2021, 11:09:37 AM »
Just announced on his show by his wife, due to lung cancer.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Re: Rush Limbaugh passed away this morning.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 11:16:57 AM »
May he rest in peace!  I loved him, and listened to him from his first days on radio.  :(

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:28:04 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 11:27:20 AM »
Damn, watched/listened to him since the Sacramento days. The greatest voice for conservatism ever.

RIP  Maha Rushie.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:33:15 AM »
I just heard, RIP a great American.  :taps:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »
Feels like I lost a good friend today.  Been a listener since 1991.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 11:41:15 AM »
Sad day but he approached his pending death with dignity and courage.  He will be missed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:25:54 PM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »
Godspeed, Rush.

The DUmmies are absolutely jubilant.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 12:10:36 PM »
Whoa.  The sort of news one hears that ruins one's day.

But thanks to God for giving us someone who gave the voiceless, a voice.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 02:16:07 PM »
Godspeed, Rush.

The DUmmies are absolutely jubilant.

KC

Just looked in on them over in their den of darkness and indeed they are celebrating as expected.   Brought over one reply to which I must comment ...

Was from someone named CanonRay.

"Makes me wish there was a hell"

Oh Canon ...

Take my word for it, there is such a place, especially for folks like you, and may you roast in it forever and a day!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:22:04 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 03:15:53 PM »
Just looked in on them over in their den of darkness and indeed they are celebrating as expected.   Brought over one reply to which I must comment ...

Was from someone named CanonRay.

Oh Canon ...

Take my word for it, there is such a place, especially for folks like you, and may you roast in it forever and a day!

I saw a post over there asking if the mods could set up a new forum so they could celebrate his death. “Just for awhile”

KC
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:34:02 AM by Texacon »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 03:22:35 PM »

I saw a post over there asking if the Moss could set up a new forum so they could celebrate his death. “Just for awhile”

KC

Low rent no class on display 24/7 at the DUmp.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 03:38:51 PM »
I have a few of his earlier books. His writings struck home to me, and as I learned more about politics and conservatism, I point to his thoughts and facts, which are key in my own development.

Godspeed, Rush. You were one of the greats, and certainly THE greatest conservative talk show host. You broke ground for others who came after you and that legacy is still going strong.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 04:40:11 PM »
First heard about Rush in '89, coming into work one night and hearing there'd been a fight between two metal-heads...  Someone came in and changed the radio away from Rush Limbaugh's show before the actual shift-change. 

So yeah, some 80's metal-fans were into conservative commentary.  It was unheard of, no pun intended.  I began listening not long after. 

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »
I first heard rush in 1990 while looking for news about Desert Storm and when I hit on his station I couldn't believe what I was hearing I had never heard truth like that I was hooked I have been listening ever since godspeed Rush you were the best
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 06:58:26 PM »
I first heard him on a long business road trip back in 96 or 97. We were in a FM radio void and I flipped it to search on AM stations. Got him on some radio station long forgotten. Me and the guy I was riding with listened to him for a couple three hours and we were both hooked.

My radio usually would not pick him up at work and the pissy network libs blocked all his stations on the internet since 2008 so it had been a while since I heard him.  Enter the Wuhan Flu pandemic and work from home orders so I usually would put him on the radio here at the house in the afternoon.   I was glad I got to listen to him right up to the end.

I figured he was not doing good when he told everyone he outlasted the prognosis a while back and then he wasn't on the radio for the last two weeks. When his wife started the show today I knew he was dead or near death and I had heard the last from him.

RIP Rush
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 07:06:43 PM »
Just announced on his show by his wife, due to lung cancer.

Was listening live and when I heard his wife open the show, immediately knew that he must have passed on.  Don't think she had ever appeared before.

His voice will resonate with me for all eternity, as will the profound influence he has had on the conservative movement.

Offline Dark Powers

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 09:15:25 AM »
He died late last night. Such a loss. The left were dancing on his grave the second they heard. Talk about a non-stop hits on us. Lose the election, lose Rush, whats next?

Worst of all, we really don't have anyone of his caliber to step up and into his place.

Hannity is good, but too often comes off as talking points then logical discussions.

Steyn, sometimes just boring. A filler when he covers.

Maybe James "Bo Snerdley," Golden? He's been the guy making the Rush show what it was for years. And being a black guy would just infuriate the left even more.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 12:54:17 PM »
The first time I heard him on the radio, my wife asked; "do you agree with him ?", I said what do you mean, HE AGREES with me.  :cheersmate:

His First TV show that I saw was a bit on; "dike on bikes", which I thought was a made up play on words BUT turned out to be a TRUE group.  :lmao:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 03:20:53 PM »
The first time I heard him on the radio, my wife asked; "do you agree with him ?", I said what do you mean, HE AGREES with me.  :cheersmate:

His First TV show that I saw was a bit on; "dike on bikes", which I thought was a made up play on words BUT turned out to be a TRUE group.  :lmao:

I remember he had one on dumpster dining mocking Clinton's economic recovery.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 07:05:22 PM »
He died late last night. Such a loss. The left were dancing on his grave the second they heard. Talk about a non-stop hits on us. Lose the election, lose Rush, whats next?

Worst of all, we really don't have anyone of his caliber to step up and into his place.

Hannity is good, but too often comes off as talking points then logical discussions.

Maybe James "Bo Snerdley," Golden? He's been the guy making the Rush show what it was for years. And being a black guy would just infuriate the left even more.

According to the guest host today (Todd Herman), the EIB Network will continue.  In what form, none of us really know quite yet.

The obvious choice would be Hannity, although I think he's on a different syndication network.  Although I appreciate and often enjoy Sean, his radio show was never really my style.  Several friends have suggested that President Trump do it, but that isn't really his style.  There are also a nice crop of young conservatives, some of whom have grown up as "Rush babies".  Ben Shapiro, even Clay Travis who has become an emerging Fox Sports Radio host with conservative libertarian leanings.

There is no replacing Rush.  But to continue his legacy of excellence in broadcasting would mean a lot to those of us who listened for years.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 07:57:12 PM »

Thanks "Apocalypse"  may I still refer to you as that? :-)

I did not know "Snerdley"s real name & am  happy to be able to put a face to Rush's call-screener ...

A "call-screener" most likely unknown to most listeners, including me.  Here is only one, so far, photo that I was able to capture:

https://www.ptleader.com/stories/bo-snerdley-is-guest-speaker-at-lincoln-lunch,70120

A bit from the link below his photo ...

Golden has been Limbaugh’s confidant and executive producer for more than
20 years. In addition to previously hosting his own radio program on WABC/New York, Golden has served as vice president of programming for WWRL/New York and has been the featured guest and speaker at many conservative events around the country.

Golden, who was born in Queens, New York, is the founder of New Journey PAC (www.newjourneypac.org ), which supports Black conservatives across the nation. Organizers of the Lincoln Day event said Golden has “pushed the boundaries of success as a radio pundit and online commentator through his fearless critiques of American liberalism.”
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:03:41 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 08:05:17 AM »
James "Bo Snerdley" Golden was on Hannity last night. He barely got through what he had to say without breaking down.  Says a lot about the kind of person Rush was.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 10:56:06 AM »
Sadly, I was waiting for this since he announced his cancer diagnosis.  Rush told us it was bad, he would fight as long as he could, but you could tell in his voice (not in a morose, depressing way, just in a realization and acceptance way) that he knew time was short.

Rush didn't turn me conservative, he showed me I already was.  His TV show was on after the noon news, and I figured the crazy old fart would be good for a few laughs at the time.  But as I listened, I found myself agreeing with him, not getting my mind changed.  There was only one, there will be no other, but the time to return that talent on loan from God came.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
OK, I've have to say this.  Celebrating Rush's life was great for the first week or two on his radio show.  However, the show has become insufferable most days anymore.  While I do appreciate revisiting his wisdom, it has gotten tiresome, especially with this Brett Winterboll guy.  Got used to the regular rotation of guest hosts (Steyn, Todd Herman & Ken Matthews) and enjoy them all.

Apparently Dan Bongino is moving into the timeslot in May.  I've never heard his show, but have always enjoyed his guest pieces on Fox News.  Personally I'd rather hear more focus on current happenings in politics.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but was wondering if my fellow long-time Ditto-heads felt similarly or not.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
OK, I've have to say this.  Celebrating Rush's life was great for the first week or two on his radio show.  However, the show has become insufferable most days anymore.  While I do appreciate revisiting his wisdom, it has gotten tiresome, especially with this Brett Winterboll guy.  Got used to the regular rotation of guest hosts (Steyn, Todd Herman & Ken Matthews) and enjoy them all.

Apparently Dan Bongino is moving into the timeslot in May.  I've never heard his show, but have always enjoyed his guest pieces on Fox News.  Personally I'd rather hear more focus on current happenings in politics.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but was wondering if my fellow long-time Ditto-heads felt similarly or not.

I'm with you.  We had two week off from school, and I was driving rideshare during the day, giving an unusual amount of time to hear that 11-2 radio slot.  The tribute started good, but we have to move on.  Gotta admit, Winterboll isn't making a huge impression on me.  Not bad, just not super impressive.  Steyn is always my favorite undocumented guest host. 

May is a long ways off, hopefully EIB will go to guest hosts with more limited memorial time.  Bongino will be interesting, based on what I have listened to from him. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.