Author Topic: Liberals control the media and the colleges -- I feel there is no hope...  (Read 992 times)

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
I've gotten somewhat despondent the last couple of weeks after McCains failure to hit it out of the ballpark at the last debate.

The media is slanted.  The damaging materials about Obama isn't given enough weight and most people I speak to here in New York, just don't give a darn.

I'm sorry to say that because McCain is not a true conservative that a lot folks don't have complete confidence in him.

And now the colleges are indoctrinating a new generation of liberals who can not think for themselves, but can only march with others like them. 

Do you remember William F. Buckley, Jr. saying, "I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University."

I wish I could do more...very depressing.
People are most conservative on issues that they know most about.
   Ann Coulter

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I feel your pain. Trust me, I took big hits around here for my prognostications of doom.

There is one hope though: liberals have demonstrated an absolute lack ability when dealing with insurgent warfare. No, I'm not talking about bombing our fellow citizens--half of the Obama supporters are bombed out of their skulls already--but a political and media insurgency.

Our task will be greatly aided by the fact they think us too stupid and themselves beyond reproach to trifle with our puny efforts.

During the Pelopennesian war the democracy of Athans was supplanted by oligarchs who resorted to every dirty trick including murder. It lead to outright civil war and fractured it power at a crucial point in time. The oligarchs even sought terms with their enemy, the Spartan League. While the oligarchs were ultimately replaced and the democracy restored Athens later lost a major sea battle and was unable to replace its losses due to the earlier civil unrest.

Yet...

...within a decades time Sparta was on its last legs and Athens was restored to its earlier prominence, even recouping and expanding its reach.

As long as we hold to our principles we will prevail. Remember, we are conservatives because we aren't progressives lurching forward to each new fad and novelty--and precipice--it is because we conserve the lessons of history. By Providence or by Darwin the world has no place for those beyond the reach of time tested truths.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Well said sir, well said.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

My advice, don't emotionally invest in the debate.  Each side will claim a win and no matter what is actually said by either candidate the press will award a "Narrow victory" to Obama unless one of them dies of a heart attack before opening his mouth.  At this point the debate is simply a chance to fail for each of them, not for either one to break out and succeed based on his own performance, and the press has already picked its horse.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
I feel your pain. Trust me, I took big hits around here for my prognostications of doom.

There is one hope though: liberals have demonstrated an absolute lack ability when dealing with insurgent warfare. No, I'm not talking about bombing our fellow citizens--half of the Obama supporters are bombed out of their skulls already--but a political and media insurgency.

Our task will be greatly aided by the fact they think us too stupid and themselves beyond reproach to trifle with our puny efforts.

During the Pelopennesian war the democracy of Athans was supplanted by oligarchs who resorted to every dirty trick including murder. It lead to outright civil war and fractured it power at a crucial point in time. The oligarchs even sought terms with their enemy, the Spartan League. While the oligarchs were ultimately replaced and the democracy restored Athens later lost a major sea battle and was unable to replace its losses due to the earlier civil unrest.

Yet...

...within a decades time Sparta was on its last legs and Athens was restored to its earlier prominence, even recouping and expanding its reach.

As long as we hold to our principles we will prevail. Remember, we are conservatives because we aren't progressives lurching forward to each new fad and novelty--and precipice--it is because we conserve the lessons of history. By Providence or by Darwin the world has no place for those beyond the reach of time tested truths.

Good thing you studied your history.  Perhaps the pendulum will swing the other way if Obama becomes elected.  I do fear how many Supreme Court justices he may be able to appoint.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and giving me some hope.
People are most conservative on issues that they know most about.
   Ann Coulter