Author Topic: Fantasy Bounce  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Fantasy Bounce
« on: October 14, 2008, 07:45:58 AM »
Boortz is saying the reason the Markets are down so far is they have already priced in an Obama win.   Makes sense to me.  There really isn't that much inactivity in the outside world to justify the sinking we are seeing.  Even the abomination that was the bailout bill shouldn't cause as much damage as we have seen already.

On the flip side, there is a lot of bad news.  Gas is still over 3.50.  Fanny and Freddie are still making CRA loans.

So, lets say Sarah pulls it off for John McCain on November 5.  What is your prediction of the Dow on November 7?
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline djones520

Re: Fantasy Bounce
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:51:30 AM »
$3.50?  I saw $2.99 yesterday.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
The DOW will continue to bounce around erratically, and will take years to recover regardless of who wins. The problem is clearly global in scope and not national. It is bigger than either candidate.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:11:13 AM »
$3.50?  I saw $2.99 yesterday.
We got it for $2.89 at Sam's over the weekend. It's $2.99 all over town now.

And I think the market is down partially because many are terrified that the whacko Obamamessiah will win. It's very scary.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:34:54 AM »
 :bawl:  $2.99  Lucky!   :bawl:

Still, Gas is not as cheap as it was.

And McCain isn't really great shakes either.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »
We got it for $2.89 at Sam's over the weekend. It's $2.99 all over town now.

And I think the market is down partially because many are terrified that the whacko Obamamessiah will win. It's very scary.

They told me to go to the other side of the river to get gas, but it sounds like it's the same price on that side.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 10:49:54 AM »
Boortz is saying the reason the Markets are down so far is they have already priced in an Obama win.   Makes sense to me.  There really isn't that much inactivity in the outside world to justify the sinking we are seeing.  Even the abomination that was the bailout bill shouldn't cause as much damage as we have seen already.

On the flip side, there is a lot of bad news.  Gas is still over 3.50.  Fanny and Freddie are still making CRA loans.

So, lets say Sarah pulls it off for John McCain on November 5.  What is your prediction of the Dow on November 7?

Why isn't McCain talking about this?
Economists Statement on Barack Obama's Risky Economic Proposals
100 Economists Warn That With Current Weak Financial Conditions Barack Obama's Proposals Run A High Risk Of Throwing The US Into A Deep Recession

ARLINGTON, VA -- Today, McCain-Palin 2008 released the following statement signed by 100 distinguished and experienced economists at major American universities and research organizations, including five Nobel Prize winners Gary Becker, James Buchanan, Robert Mundell, Edward Prescott, and Vernon Smith. The economists explain why Barack Obama's proposals, including "misguided tax hikes," would "decrease the number of jobs in America." The prospects of such tax rate increases under Barack Obama are already harming the economy. The economists conclude that "Barack Obama's economic proposals are wrong for the American economy." The proposals "defy both economic reason and economic experience."

The full economists' statement on Barack Obama's economic proposals and a complete list of economists who support it follows:
JohnMcCain.com

They released this as a press release.  Uh John, the MSM is in the tank for Obamessiah, they aren't going to talk negative about him. :banghead:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »
Gasoline is $2.499 in Durant, OK....
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 05:39:09 PM »
Gasoline is $2.499 in Durant, OK....
I paid $2.64 this evening.   :-) :-)

I just wish the Dims hadn't decided to wreck the stock market in order to bring gas down.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.