Author Topic: Can America be Reconciled?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Can America be Reconciled?
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »
Serious question and I don't want to go all conspiracy nutterish.

But I was looking at the reports of Obama supporters vandalizing property, fire bombing signs, defacing campaign offices. This is in addition to the thuggery of 2004. The dems went so nuts one of their union thugs broke a woman's arm.

And that was for a candidate as emotionally appealing as stagnant swamp water on a Georgia summer day.

Their earlier violence came from their fatasies that Bush had somehow stolen 2000 from his intellectual superior Algore. Now they have a candidate who is beyond John Kerry; they are genuinely emotionally invested in.

What will the "Vote or Diebold" crowd do if Obama loses after showing double digit leads in many, a few weeks out from the election?

Then there is our side.

We're watching massive voter fraud perpetrated by an organization Obama not only trained employees for but also gave over $800,000. That same organization and candidate helped create the sub-prime-backed securities crisis...and ironically it is that crisis that is fuelling Obama's surge in the polls. Add to that his Truth Squads and racist ties...

Will we make nice with Obama or will we harangue him every minute on his every policy while demanding investigations of all his shady dealings?

What will be our response if the moonbats refuse to accept "another stolen election"?

Will we accept a stolen election?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Can America be Reconciled?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »

it's not going to be pretty.

the tension will build right up until dawn of election day, and then I would expect it to get downright nasty.  anything and everything that isn't out and out laying down for The BarackStar! will be interpreted as attempted election theft on our part.  any attempt to deal with obviously bogus registrations will be attempted theft.  any attempt to battle the excesses of the dem forces (keeping polls open until God only knows when, for example) will be attempted theft.

and I cringe to imagine what will happen if Obama is up in the polls, but loses the election.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
Yes we will accept another stolen election
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 09:15:15 AM »
WE, this may sound melo-dramatic on my part but...

...I'll have 3 years left on my enlistment if/when Obama is sworn in.

I know, I know, people will say "Hey, we survived Clinton...twice."

Clinton always struck me as self-serving. Hell, he spent so much time triangulating we could almost call him a moderate (with liberal leanings). Look how much he capitulated on: balanced budgets, welfare reform, lots of military muscle-flexing (not enough IMHO) etc He is as much a disapointment to hard lefties as Bush is to us conservatives.

Obama has already been sending agents of state government out to silence critics. This shitbag is going to have the keys to the Pentagon, the DoJ, education and at least 2 SCOTUS nominees and his scandals multiply by the day.

How does a soldier obey orders from a man that more than likely stole the election and uses his power corruptly to silence law-abiding critics?

How do you protest such a CinC and still support the republic you love and swore to defend?

My drama-queening aside:

This is surely small of me, but if Obama wins, I plan on giving him as much of a chance as the Democrats gave George Bush. I will gleefully forward every paranoid anti-Obama rumor that I see, along with YouTube footage of his verbal missteps. I will laugh and email heinous anti-Obama photoshop jobs, and maybe even learn photoshop myself to create some. I'll buy anti-Obama books, and maybe even a "Not My President" t-shirt. I'm sure that the mainstream bookstores won't carry them, but I'll be on the lookout for anti-Obama calendars and stuff like that. I will not wish America harm, and if the country is hurt (economically, militarily, or diplomatically) I will truly mourn. But i will also take some solace that it occurred under Obama's watch, and will find every reason to blame him personally and fan the flames.

Obama's thuggish behavior thus far in this election cycle - squashing free speech, declaring any criticism of his policies to be "racist" (a word that happily carries little weight with sensible people these days), associating with the likes of Ayers, Wright, and ACORN - suggests that I won't have to scrape for reasons to really viscerally dislike Obama and his administration. And even if he wins, his campaign's "get out the vote fraud" activities are enough to provide people like me with a large degree of "plausible deniability" as to whether he is actually legitimately the president.

I've seen a President that I am generally-inclined to like get crapped on for eight years, and I've seen McCain and Palin (honorable people both, despite policy differences I may have with them) get crapped on through this election season. If the Democrats think that a President Obama is going to get some sort of honeymoon from the folks who didn't vote for him, as a wise man once said: heh.
http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/archives2/025673.php
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 09:24:06 AM »
WE, this may sound melo-dramatic on my part but...

...I'll have 3 years left on my enlistment if/when Obama is sworn in.

I know, I know, people will say "Hey, we survived Clinton...twice."

Clinton always struck me as self-serving. Hell, he spent so much time triangulating we could almost call him a moderate (with liberal leanings). Look how much he capitulated on: balanced budgets, welfare reform, lots of military muscle-flexing (not enough IMHO) etc He is as much a disapointment to hard lefties as Bush is to us conservatives.

Obama has already been sending agents of state government out to silence critics. This shitbag is going to have the keys to the Pentagon, the DoJ, education and at least 2 SCOTUS nominees and his scandals multiply by the day.

How does a soldier obey orders from a man that more than likely stole the election and uses his power corruptly to silence law-abiding critics?

How do you protest such a CinC and still support the republic you love and swore to defend?

My drama-queening aside:
http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/archives2/025673.php

I don't see how you can.

I don't envy you in the least.  your only play is to trust the chain of command, carry out your orders, and hope for the best.  this guy could be relatively passive, too.  it's hard to tell for sure.  he certainly hasn't really gotten out in front of any issue so far in his public life.  but that could be even more dangerous, since that mans that pelosi and reid will be in charge (possible with 60 votes in the senate) during an obama administration.

if things keep looking the way they do now, it's gonna be a difficult four years.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
Is this mess finally going to bring about a viable third party?  Not this year, but maybe in the near future?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
And that was for a candidate as emotionally appealing as stagnant swamp water on a Georgia summer day.

I'm from Georgia and our stagnant swamp water is much more appealing than any candidate the dims have presented for president in many years.

With that clarified, I don't have any good answers. If O is elected I do feel for our brave men and women in uniform. With the government as a whole our best hope might be that the dims spend 4 years bickering among themselves.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 02:02:23 PM »
Why is it that if anything, Obama would divide the country even further?

I fear for a second revolution, but at the same time I almost welcome it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 02:11:40 PM »

The one bright point, at least where I've highlighted from your remarks, is that the SCOTUS positions most likely to Retire/Quit/Stroke Out/Get Hit By The Beer Truck are "Buzzy" Ginsberg and John Paul Stevens, both not just left of center, but Ãœber-Leftists.  Even if da BarackFather! nominates avowed Marxists that fly through a Democrat-controlled senate, he's just replacing Ãœber-lefties that are already there.  He doesn't gain ground, unless he tries to stack the SCOTUS, like FDR tried back in the '30s.  (FDR was backstopped in that bid by HIS Democrat-controlled Congress, who got the shit scared out of them by his power grab.)  He can't fill a Chief Justice's seat that's already occupied by a relatively young man, and Scalia, Thomas, Alito and even Kennedy are young enough for better than even odds to out live every last one of the leftists we have on the SCOTUS bench today.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »
Why is it that if anything, Obama would divide the country even further?

I fear for a second revolution, but at the same time I almost welcome it.

It would be a third one, sir.  Not the second. :cheersmate: