Author Topic: Why do Women Hate Sarah Palin?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
Why do Women Hate Sarah Palin?
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »
Here is an articulate, educated, accomplished running on the Republican ticket and while I think she is a sight for sore eyes, so many women despise her. 

I was getting a haircut yesterday, when an elderly lady next to me started talking about the AIG executives.  I tried to chime in, but she was one of those people who likes to hear herself speak.  She continued to speak and out of respect, I waited patiently.

When I mentioned Sarah Palin, her face turned very angry and I saw hate in her eyes.  She became very hostile and said Palin was stupid with her "betcha's."  She said she would have voted for Hillary, but said that Palin wasn't educated or smart enough.  Out of deference, due to her age (she claimed she was 78), I couldn't go after her.  I said to her that her folksiness has nothing to do with her education or intelligence and reminded her that Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln were thought to be folksy as well.  It was like speaking to a brick wall.

Are women afraid that their reproductive rights will be taken away?  Are they intimidated by this attractive brunette who is an accomplished governor, a hockey mom, and an avid hunter (and there's more).  To me she defines true feminism.

I think this elderly lady was unhappy that Hillary couldn't be on the Democratic ticket and so therefore she takes it out on Sarah Palin.  But time after time, even conservative women like Katherine Parker and Peggy Noonan (accidentally on a live mic) have come out against Palin.  What gives?  I think I'm so in like with Palin, I can't come up with a good analysis on this one.
People are most conservative on issues that they know most about.
   Ann Coulter

Offline TrueConservative

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Why do Women Hate Sarah Palin?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:16:19 PM »
Excellent question. I talk to women all the time. It's not just women, it's Democratic women. Republican women love her.

I love her.

Here's is what I tell the Liberal woman, why I love her-

Wow, man, she has really great hair and I love her glasses, they go nuts, they say I am shallow....lol, They have a woman on the ticket and they are too nuts about being a liberal to advance her career.

If anything happens to McCain, I think she would be a better President than he would be. I am not hoping for anything to happen to him, but I do believe show could take over and run the country fine. It's about judgement.
Home of the FREE because of the Brave

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »
Excellent question. I talk to women all the time. It's not just women, it's Democratic women. Republican women love her.

I love her.

Here's is what I tell the Liberal woman, why I love her-

Wow, man, she has really great hair and I love her glasses, they go nuts, they say I am shallow....lol, They have a woman on the ticket and they are too nuts about being a liberal to advance her career.

If anything happens to McCain, I think she would be a better President than he would be. I am not hoping for anything to happen to him, but I do believe show could take over and run the country fine. It's about judgement.

Absolutely, she she would make a great president, if given the chance.  She's being compared to Ronald Reagan and she's got quite a stomach to take on this challenge. 

The Democrats are such hypocrites.  Have you all the vile stuff coming out of Sarah Bernhardt and Madonna?  Not that their opinions count to me, but they, particularly Madonna does have influence as do all the Hollywood elites.
People are most conservative on issues that they know most about.
   Ann Coulter

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »
Actually, my wife who is a completely emo-based voter, i.e. a Democrat, likes her, especially compared to "Plugs," since for professional reasons she despises plagiarists.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Woody

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
My theory:

Women were told for years that in order to progress in this "man's world", they have to reject all the traditional elements of womanhood - beauty, motherhood, soft wisdom, social grace, etc.  Bras were burned, makeup was discarded, and marriages were broken in order to "liberate" women.  Sure, the price was high, but entire worldviews were invented to justify their decisions, and small gains were trumpeted as major victories. 

Not every woman agreed with it.  Some definitely became True Believers.  Others strongly disagreed with The New Truth.  And some, possibly unaware of the forces moving around them, secretly wanted it to be so, but weren't willing to burn their bras and leave their families. 

Enter stage right:  A good looking woman who stands by her family.  Who succeeded in "this man's world" by not trying to be a man.  Who rejects all of the revolutionary bits of the feminist dogma.  And who proves that you don't have to reject the feminine to be a feminist. 

Suddenly, all of those True Believers are faced with someone who, if she's right, proves that everything they believe in is wrong.  Even the bystanders see that their quiet rooting for "the home team" wasn't as justifiable as they thought.  They have to tear her down, or realize that their identity is a fraud. 

OTOH, Sarah is getting canonized by the conservatives.  And this worries me.  We should not idolize our politicians; they're very human.  The Left traditionally engages in hero-worship, turning their idols into philosopher-kings.  And we all know how most of them died... at the hands of angry mobs. 
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline Narutoboy

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »
I think much of the hatred is rooted in jealousy.

Sarah Palin doesn't conform to the "womanly standards" that they worked so hard to establish. In fact, in their mind, she represents everything they tried to destroy.

They're just simply jealous--jealous of the fact that a woman of her character stands to achieve what they could not: Becoming the first woman VP.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 11:55:11 AM »
I don't think it's rocket science.

Sarah doesn't pass the feminazi litmus test; she's against gay marriage and abortion.    That means she on the feminists' sh..t list.

Also, she's successfull AND has a loving spouse who helps raise the children.......the horror!