Author Topic: Heard a nasty rumor....  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Heard a nasty rumor....
« on: October 04, 2008, 07:35:04 PM »
That McCain may pick Lindsey Graham, Olympia Snow, and Al Gore to be part of his cabinet. Anybody hear anything about that???

Just thinking about the Goracle in the White House again is enough to make me not wanna vote for the guy.  :overreaction:

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: Heard a nasty rumor....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
I'm not surprised one bit, if this is true. McCain is a big disappointment.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:23:59 AM »
Lets win the damn thing before we start talking about cabinets.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:27:21 AM »
Good idea, Lars.  Frankly ALS, I wouldn't get too crazy about it.  McCain knows he's got to work with Democrats, not capitulate to them.  Add to that the fact he's got to pave the way for a Palin or other prominent Republican to run in 2012/2016, and he saw what "reaching across the aisle" and not cleaning house got Bush.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44:06 AM »
Lets win the damn thing before we start talking about cabinets.

No shit.  Anybody ever hear of "Disinformation?"
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »
Good idea, Lars.  Frankly ALS, I wouldn't get too crazy about it.  McCain knows he's got to work with Democrats, not capitulate to them.  Add to that the fact he's got to pave the way for a Palin or other prominent Republican to run in 2012/2016, and he saw what "reaching across the aisle" and not cleaning house got Bush.
Hope McCain learned from Bush. I doubt that he did. That "reaching across the aisle" only works if you're reaching to people who are trustworthy. Other than Lieberman, I haven't seen many who earned that trust.

The thought of Albore back is horrible, but think of what an Obama cabinet would be like.

Offline lizard

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:34:34 AM »
I think it is just a rumor.  As I stated in another thread here, a rumor about Al Core being McCain's energy secretary started in a members forum for Ham Radio Operators.  I know the guy that started the Al Gore rumor, he did it just to piss of the DUmmie faction of the group.  He started this rumor almost 6 weeks ago (if I am not badly mistaken - not a member of the group so I would have to call and ask him to be sure)...I saw the thread at his house when he was showing me it had over 1100 hits in less than an hour.