Author Topic: Dick Morris Slaps Down Alan Colmes  (Read 1511 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Dick Morris Slaps Down Alan Colmes
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »
SEAN HANNITY: The author New York Times best seller, "Fleeced," starring Dick Morris. Why do I know this is probably going to be the debate we agree on here? What did you think?

DICK MORRIS: Well, last time we disagreed. I said Obama won and you said he lost and the polls agreed with me. This time we both agree but we disagree with Colmes probably. This was an unbelievable win for Sarah Palin. In fact I think that it unveils a level of skill in communication that I really have not seen since Ronald Reagan. She is a superstar. Her ability to bypass the conventional wisdom of Washington. Her ability to speak in a tone, and a genre, a style that was so authentic and so outside of the mainstream. It was just unbelievable and Biden looked like he was on downers. I mean every time he was talking I was wishing that I could hear Palin instead. 

HANNITY: But I gotta tell you. On every issue. On Iran. On Iraq. On energy. On the economy. On tax cuts. What I thought she did very effectively that maybe Senator McCain didn't do in the last debate, she was reminding America about the record and the statements of Senator Obama. Did you think that was effective, Dick?

MORRIS: I thought it was but I thought more effective was that she did a much better job than John McCain ever has in explaining McCain's positions.  When she talked about the "all of the above" option on energy. I never heard McCain explain it that articulately. It was well down. When I heard her speak about the anti greed on Wall Street and that stuff and how it infects Washington. I thought it was just terrific. And when she said at one point in that debate, "I just don't understand how Washington works. How can you guys claiming to vote against something when in fact you are voting for it?" Over the Iraq War resolution. It was just brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. The loser in tonight's debate was Hillary Clinton because there is a new woman out there who's going to be number one in this country.

Ladies and gentlement! Please fasten your seatbelts to prepare for the fireworks explosions about to happen when Alan Colmes cuts in:

COLMES: Well as I said, she has to get elected first but anyway, Dick, some of the things she said about McCain were just not true.

MORRIS: She already has been with no assistance from her husband.

COLMES: Some of the things she said were just were not true. You never miss a chance to take a slap at the Clintons. They're not in this race. She talked about the middle class. John McCain repeatedly 19 times voted not to raise the minimum wage. John McCain repeatedly voted not to have renewable energy.

MORRIS: Alan, why do you insist on using sentiments with me to get reading practice on your talking points? Save that for Republicans who you talk to.  Why don't you talk to me about it because I said...

(Crosstalk)

MORRIS: Hey Alan! You going to have me talk or have another guest on? If you're going to have me on you're going to listen to what I have to say. As far as I'm concerned in the last debate I said that I thought Obama won and this debate I think that she won. And I don't think that objectivity and fairness deserves your just spewing the talking points that you've been handed.
COLMES: I'm not spewing the talking points. I'm saying the truth about what the actual McCain record is that you're in denial about.

MORRIS: You're incredible, Alan. You're absolutely incredible. Is it that you can't think or that you only know how to read those talking points?  Unbelievable performance, Mr. Colmes. Unbelievable.

HANNITY: By the way, Dick Morris,  I  tell you.. I've been around and watched a lot of presidential debates. A friend of mine wrote a note and I said at the beginning to our audience. This is the debate equivalent of sort of Sarah Palin's shock and awe.

MORRIS: This was unbelievable and anybody with a brain looking at it would conclude that which does not include your co-host I might add.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/10/03/dick-morris-slaps-down-alan-colmes-spewing-talking-points-about-palin-
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Dick Morris Slaps Down Alan Colmes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
It appears the Pimp Hand was out in force at Fox News last nite  :-)
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »
MORRIS: This was unbelievable and anybody with a brain looking at it would conclude that which does not include your co-host I might add.

OUCH!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
I love it when a lib is on an Alan and the lib just parrot talking points at each other. It's fun.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »
COLMES: Well as I said, she has to get elected first but anyway...
MORRIS: She already has been with no assistance from her husband.
BAM!  :rotf:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
Priceless. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
I think Alan Colmes stood  a better chance of taking on Chuck Norris.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline TrueConservative

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »
I enjoyed this part of the interview where Dick let him have it.

I think Fox should change the name of the show, pre-record 1/2 of the segments and call the new show Hannity and Hannity. It would be twice as good.
Home of the FREE because of the Brave

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:25:06 PM »
I change the channel when Skeletor comes on, and switch it back to listen to Hannity.
I have a stress ball in the shape of a hand grenade. I've started to throw it at the screen. So far my targets have been Obama and Alan Colmes. Colmes just gets me sicker and sicker every time I see him.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 11:14:26 PM »
 I was the first one to Call him a Skeletor (You know the guy from the Dolph Lundgren movie) :popcorn: