Author Topic: The Real Culprits In This Meltdown  (Read 789 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
The Real Culprits In This Meltdown
« on: September 16, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
My aunt sent this to me, I thought I would share it.

September 16, 2008
The Real Culprits In This Meltdown

Big Government: Barack Obama and Democrats blame the historic financial turmoil on the market. But if it's dysfunctional, Democrats during the Clinton years are a prime reason for it.

Obama in a statement yesterday blamed the shocking new round of subprime-related bankruptcies on the free-market system, and specifically the "trickle-down" economics of the Bush administration, which he tried to gig opponent John McCain for wanting to extend.

But it was the Clinton administration, obsessed with multiculturalism, that dictated where mortgage lenders could lend, and originally helped create the market for the high-risk subprime loans now infecting like a retrovirus the balance sheets of many of Wall Street's most revered institutions.

**snip**

Read the rest here:  http://license.icopyright.net/user/viewFreeUse.act?fuid=MTU0MDg1NQ==

Offline Peter3_1

Re: The Real Culprits In This Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »
Of course this is what occured. This was true in the 1980's too. The Dem. Congress screwed the pooch there too. In fact, things were so wild I was offered an entire "Town" with amusement park, shopping center, and THOUSANDS of empty residential lots, infrastructure in place,  in Colo, between Denver and Golden. ON MY SIGNATURE only! At the time, my net worth was less than $250,000....

Anyway, this slowdown looks to be one that will be shorter than the 1980's stupidity. So, we're looking at a "buying oportunity" if you get the timing right. I'm still studying the Williston Basin oil and gas reserves. Maybe a publically owned drilling company, or maybe a "bundle"  of associated stocks.....anyway, it has my attention.