Author Topic: No longer defending Israel  (Read 1627 times)

Offline CC27

No longer defending Israel
« on: April 04, 2024, 07:47:08 AM »
angrychair (8,626 posts)

This war is no longer about Hamas but misplaced revenge against the people of Gaza.
I am now fully in the camp that Israel's primary goal at this point is genocide of the Palestinian people.
There is no other interpretation.

The attack on World Central Kitchen vehicles was a means to an end to halt/slow food aid to Gaza. I believe it is fully their intention to stave the Palestinian people to death.

I am fully in the camp demanding a complete halt to all aid and assistance to Israel of any kind. I also feel the the US should expel all but the Israeli ambassador to the US.
The Israeli commander of that attack should be sanctioned and deemed persona non grata.

Biden must up the pressure on Israel or risk real trouble going into the general election.
I will still vote for him but I'll be honest this is pretty awful and not a good look for Democrats.

I stand with Chef Andrés and I believe him

Stinky The Clown (67,719 posts)
5. The quibbling over the word "genocide" reminds me of arguing about what type of gun was . . .

And what is happening in Gaza isn’t that. So the answer is to stop misusing the word.

I wonder if some of the disagreement on DU isn’t the result of immediate access to news. What’s happening in Gaza is simply war, not genocide or ethnic cleansing. Civilian deaths happen in every war, but now you can read about them every day, and you can even read the disinformation published by Hamas in real time. The U.S. public didn’t learn about My Lai until over a year after it happened.

Sky Jewels (6,911 posts)
80. If Israel doesn't want Palestine to garner the world's sympathy

maybe it should stop brutally slaughtering and starving tens of thousands of innocents.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218834367

This thread is on fire.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: No longer defending Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 08:46:00 AM »
The primitives are still upset that Hitler didn’t complete his objectives before he was defeated. This is a perfect example of “How can leftists say they hate Jews without saying they hate Jews?”

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 09:33:29 AM »
Now apply that demand for perfection to Hamas' almost 20 years of firing rockets at Israeli civilians.

Unlike Hamas, if there was fault - negligence or malice - on the part of the IDF personnel in the attack on the World Central Kitchen vehicles, those personnel will be disciplined (and the World's  Israel-Haters will knee-jerkingly proclaim, "It is not enough!"). But what if those World Central Kitchen vehicles were carrying contraband such as arms or munitions or explosives or Hamas personnel? You know, like UNRWA has done for a couple of decades (or more).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 11:27:27 AM »
The same people that:

Don't call into question that Lieden is playing both sides of the Hamas "war".

Don't call into question Lieden feeding the war machine that is Ukraine.

Why is that, DUmmies?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 11:53:14 AM »
The war with Japan or Germany or Italy did not end with a peace agreement, it ended with international aid to rebuild their respective nations and giving their people an opportunity to rebuild their lives and their country. That how you create a real and lasting peace.

In the case of japan, I seem to recall it ending with a demonstration that flattened two cities, showing that we could bomb their entire nation back to the stone age...

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 11:55:00 AM »
malaise
101. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
6 hrs ago
has real meaning in my life.
As I said from day one nothing justifies this response.

:ohmy:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 12:11:03 PM »
The war with Japan or Germany or Italy did not end with a peace agreement, it ended with international aid to rebuild their respective nations and giving their people an opportunity to rebuild their lives and their country. That how you create a real and lasting peace.

In the case of japan, I seem to recall it ending with a demonstration that flattened two cities, showing that we could bomb their entire nation back to the stone age...

Exactly. The pontificating DUmmie skipped over the part in which the allies devastated Germany and the US (mostly) devastated Japan, and both surrendered "unconditionally". Hamas is still fighting, so Israel has not reached the point chronologically that corresponds to the start of Germany and Japan starting to rebuild.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 01:13:10 PM »
angrychair (8,626 posts)

This war is no longer about Hamas but misplaced revenge against the people of Gaza.
I am now fully in the camp that Israel's primary goal at this point is genocide of the Palestinian people.
There is no other interpretation.

The attack on World Central Kitchen vehicles was a means to an end to halt/slow food aid to Gaza. I believe it is fully their intention to stave the Palestinian people to death.

I am fully in the camp demanding a complete halt to all aid and assistance to Israel of any kind. I also feel the the US should expel all but the Israeli ambassador to the US.
The Israeli commander of that attack should be sanctioned and deemed persona non grata.

Biden must up the pressure on Israel or risk real trouble going into the general election.
I will still vote for him but I'll be honest this is pretty awful and not a good look for Democrats.

I stand with Chef Andrés and I believe him

Cool!  Now do Brandon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58604655

"The US has admitted that a drone strike in Kabul days before its military pullout killed 10 innocent people.

A US Central Command investigation found that an aid worker and nine members of his family, including seven children, died in the 29 August strike.

The youngest child, Sumaya, was just two years old."
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 11:19:03 AM »
TheCynic56 (34 posts)
125. Genocide is Genocide

The UN says Israel is committing Genocide!

It is what it is whether you agree or not!

Peace✌🏼

Members of the UN Human Right's Commission:

African states: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana,Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia

Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam.

Who gives AF about the UN?  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 11:58:10 AM »

If it was up to me a few MOAB's on the top of HAMAS heads would finish what has needed to be done since the 1960's when they took hostages way back during the Olympics and the Palestinian's killed Jewish athletes.  They have allowed HAMAS to live and reign terror all over the countryside and some parts of the world. I don't think there is that many innocent people to be found in GAZA but that is just me.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 01:44:02 PM »
TheCynic56 (34 posts)
125. Genocide is Genocide

The UN says Israel is committing Genocide!

It is what it is whether you agree or not!

Peace✌🏼

The UN has been anti-Israel and anti-Israel since at least 1967. Anyone not aware of that either hasn't paid attention, is too young, or agrees with UN anti-Semitism.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 02:00:26 PM »
angrychair (8,626 posts)

So, what you're saying is that you've ceased standing behind Israel - making it so they no longer have to watch their back around you - to standing with the rest of the human shields in front of the terrorists?

Alright then...  :dozer: :killemall:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2024, 12:34:15 PM »

quakerboy (13,907 posts)

24. gen·o·cide /ˈjenəˌsīd/

gen·o·cide
/ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun

noun: genocide; plural noun: genocides

the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

These DUmbasses don't realize just how damn easy it would be for Israel to actually commit genocide if they wanted to. Slow your roll, idiots.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 02:44:39 PM »
These DUmbasses don't realize just how damn easy it would be for Israel to actually commit genocide if they wanted to. Slow your roll, idiots.

DU-member quakerboy does not give the source of the definition he supposedly quotes. The lack of source is a clue to possible lying or half-truthing by selective quote. So here is the definition from the 1948 UN Article II of the Genocide Convention, https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide.shtml :

Article II

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Ignoring the fact that the source of civilians killed numbers bandied about are from habitual liar Hamas and include Hamas fighters as "civilians", 30,000 (or whatever the current lie-number is) is not within 2 orders of magnitude of genocide. Examples of actual genocide would be the Holodomor (5M-10M Ukrainians starved to death by government-caused famine) and the Holocaust (5M-6M jews killed).

Not that facts matter to DU-grade Progs.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2024, 06:48:55 PM »
I dunno.  If one looks at a map, one can easily conclude that Israel is simply trying to get back territory it was denied during partition in 1948.
apres moi, le deluge