Author Topic: I just thought we should savor this headline and snippet from The Guardian  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Godot showed up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/17/obama-campaigns-to-avert-defeat-in-elections-next-month

[qopte]
Barack Obama fights to avert Republican avalanche

Barack Obama hit the campaign trail again today in a desperate effort to save Democrats facing a Republican avalanche in next month's mid-term elections.
[/quote]

Judt gives you the warm fuzzies, and we deserve that much. And because The Guardian, although decidedly left, is not altogether disconnected from reality like, say, the NYTimes, imagine how this dose of truth must be hitting any Dems who read it, the ones who haven't completely made a self-imposed schizoid break with existence.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Here's the headline I'd like to see:

Obama To Be Deported Back To Kenya
Military tribunal refuses to park ex-prez with "honest terrorists" at Gitmo;
Says "Get this clown out of here!"

Washington DC --  As President Sarah Palin settles into her new Pennsylvania Ave digs, the former, discredited resident of the executive mansion...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

You and a lot of us here!  (Plus, a growing amount of Americans!)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline true_blood

:cheersmate: :lmao: :hi5: :hi5:
That was classic Defiant!