Author Topic: PPP: Brown ahead by one point  (Read 2935 times)

Offline formerlurker

PPP: Brown ahead by one point
« on: January 10, 2010, 06:44:07 AM »
Republicans have a very real chance at orchestrating a Massachusetts miracle in this month’s special Senate election to determine Ted Kennedy’s successor, at least according to a new Democratic poll out tonight.

The shocking poll from Public Policy Polling shows Republican state senator Scott Brown leading Democratic Attorney General Martha Coakley by one point, 48 to 47 percent, which would mean the race is effectively tied.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0110/Poll_Scott_Brown_leading_Coakley_4847.html

:popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: PPP: Brown ahead by one point
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:04:58 AM »
I'd like to see Rasmussen or Gallup put out the same numbers before I start getting excited.

I know nothing of P3's record.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »
I'd like to see Rasmussen or Gallup put out the same numbers before I start getting excited.

I know nothing of P3's record.

They have something up on their site that WSJ called them one of the two most reliable polling for swing states in the last election.   Meh, I don't care.  Politico has it up and the Globe is propping up an old poll which has Coakley up 15 points.   

Chum is in the water.  The Independents in MA are going to do what the GOP refuses to do -- 1/19 can't come soon enough.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:16:58 AM »
There's a state GOP organization?  Really?

Can you send them up here?  Granted, no organization is better than the one we had under RINO Fergus "Mouthbreather" Cullen, but someone needs to be taking the Dems to task up here and it just ain't happening.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:23:33 AM »

Can you send them up here?  Granted, no organization is better than the one we had under RINO Fergus "Mouthbreather" Cullen, but someone needs to be taking the Dems to task up here and it just ain't happening.

The GOP has abandoned the NE.   Pity.    The Independents will do what they should be freakin doing, and that is support Scott Brown. 

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
The GOP has abandoned the NE.   Pity.    The Independents will do what they should be freakin doing, and that is support Scott Brown. 

The GOP has abandoned everyone
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »

No kiddin--we've got a chance to keep Gregg's Senate seat in GOP hands as well as turn BOTH of our House seats back to the GOP, but I've heard squadoosh in the media about it, and damned little from the state and county GOP.  I'd love to try my hand at running for the state house, but I don't have the time--which is probably why the only people who ever run for political office in this state are retirees or welfare queens.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »
Boston Globe showing Coakley 50, Brown 35
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 10:21:48 AM »

And according to some folks over at FR, PPP is a Dem-leaning organization who also was way off on NY-23, having Hoffman ahead by several points right before that special election.  Maybe I am being paranoid, but could polls be used to scare the Dimrats into getting out?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »

The Globe poll is older than Rasmussen and PPP.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 06:28:43 AM »

Can you send them up here?  Granted, no organization is better than the one we had under RINO FergusDengus "Mouthbreather" Cullen Mc Cullen, but someone needs to be taking the Dems to task up here and it just ain't happening.
Fixed...

Sadly, you are correct; however, it was encouraging to note the "Conservative Film Festival" held here in the belly of the beast this past Saturday ( I was unable to attend due to last minute scheduling commitments ) drew about 100.  In P_town that is nothing short of amazing.  If only we could get some of the Livertarians off the weed and back on thorazine we might stand a chance. :lmao:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 06:31:10 AM »
No kiddin--we've got a chance to keep Gregg's Senate seat in GOP hands as well as turn BOTH of our House seats back to the GOP, but I've heard squadoosh in the media about it, and damned little from the state and county GOP.  I'd love to try my hand at running for the state house, but I don't have the time--which is probably why the only people who ever run for political office in this state are retirees or welfare queens.

Come on sparky, I can't keep fixin yer mistakes. :thatsright:
< watch this space for coming distractions >