Author Topic: Would it help?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline txted

• Probationary (Probie)
Would it help?
« on: December 24, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »
In the past, we often found out relevant information about people after they were elected to congress. By then it was to late to change our minds and vote for someone else. It is often difficult to dig the dirt or at least the truth about people when they are running. They are often less than truthful. Would it help if this forum started a sticky thread with each state listed. In each state the names of people running for congress would be listed with relevant information posted about each candidate as it became available? I would really like to know their professional affiliations. For example, if it is an attorney, I would like to know how much of his or her practice was dedicated to tort cases. If it is a judge running, I want to know how he or she decided relevant cases.

In a city near where I live, the citizens voted in a new female district attorney who was going to prosecute criminals and win convictions. After she was elected, it was discovered that as a prosecuting attorney in Dallas, she often made deals with criminals. The first to spill the beans on the others usually got off free. She won a lot of convictions of innocent people and left the real criminals walking the streets. It's a shame that information wasn't out there when she was running for office.

txted

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Would it help?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »
We have a 2010 Election forum in Politics.  Feel free to list individual candidates/races there.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline txted

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Would it help?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
We have a 2010 Election forum in Politics.  Feel free to list individual candidates/races there.

Could you also post a form which each candidate could fill out online and attach to their name? The form should ask some really relevant questions that no one should be reluctant to answer. That would give forum members a starting place to search out lies, misrepresentations, and endorsements which could also be attached to the candidates name. By having them organized by state and possibly congressional district it would make information on candidates easily accessible to potential voters. It would certainly make this forum a go to place for voters in 2010.

txted