Author Topic: Sue Lowden for U.S. Senate (Nevada)  (Read 1863 times)

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
Sue Lowden for U.S. Senate (Nevada)
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
Currently ahead of Harry Reid by 10 points !

http://www.suelowden.com/

Sue Lowden is a longtime Nevada resident, philanthropist and an award-winning news reporter, anchorwoman and businesswoman. She has also served as a Nevada State Senator and Chairman of the Nevada Republican Party.

For more than 30 years, Sue Lowden has lived and worked in Nevada. In 1992, Lowden ran for the Nevada State Senate in her heavily Democratic-controlled district. She won that campaign by defeating Jack Vergiels, who then served as the Nevada Senate Majority Leader.

In the Nevada State Legislature, Lowden served as the Senate Majority Whip and the Chairman of the Senate Taxation Committee. Throughout her legislative service, Senator Lowden was well known as an ardent supporter of low taxes on Nevada’s working families and a fierce proponent of responsible state spending. Her work in office earned her the Guardian of Small Business Award from the Nevada chapter of the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB), Senator of the Year Award from the Clark County Republican Party, the Woman of the Year Award by the Republican Women of Las Vegas and the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008 by the Republican Women of Henderson.

more.....

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sue Lowden for U.S. Senate (Nevada)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
She looks like a blue-ribbon, top-notch, quality candidate, but aren't there other Republicans in Nevada running too?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »
She looks like a blue-ribbon, top-notch, quality candidate, but aren't there other Republicans in Nevada running too?

For the primary, I think so.  She's my favorite in the field, and, imho, the most conservative.  Also, she's kicking Harry's butt right now  :-)

I blogged about it today...

http://bloghopenchangery.wordpress.com/2009/12/05/harry-reid-can-be-sent-packing-in-2010-support-sue-lowden/

As you noticed, I'm rounding up my favorites for 2010, it's okay if I start a new thread for each ?  I think after the first of the year, it's going to be mad crazy for cleaning house....and the Senate  :drool:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 06:44:26 AM »
As you noticed, I'm rounding up my favorites for 2010, it's okay if I start a new thread for each ?  I think after the first of the year, it's going to be mad crazy for cleaning house....and the Senate.

I don't see any problem with it, illuminating us about each candidate.

It would be helpful for the primaries the first part of 2010, and then the general election, to know something about what we're fielding.
apres moi, le deluge