Author Topic: It has Begun  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
It has Begun
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
All but one incumbent lost re election here in New Bern NC, and the mayor is in a runoff/recount

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Re: It has Begun
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
"All politics is local."
-Tip O'Neill

The best way to kill a weed is to start at the roots. 2010 is coming, followed by 2012, the year we take America back.  :saluteusmc:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
All but one incumbent lost re election here in New Bern NC, and the mayor is in a runoff/recount

Has it begun in a good way?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

The practitioners of the "politics as usual" have been ousted for the most part.  That in and of itself is "a good way".
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »

The practitioners of the "politics as usual" have been ousted for the most part.  That in and of itself is "a good way".

What he said ma'am

The only incumbent had just served his first term, the rest have been there for more than 16 years

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 04:02:31 PM »

Were they all Dems?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »
Were they all Dems?

Non partisan...........it was a we're sick of the same ole same ole.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »
May I post a shameless political appeal here? 

Are you sick to death of RINO's?  We have a special election to fill McHugh's seat (NY) on 11/2.  The GOP, in a smoke-filled back room somewhere, decided by committee to put one Dede Scozzafava on the Repub ticket.  She is Nancy Pelosi with an R behind her name.  She's for gay marriage, card check, bailout, porkulus, taxes, and the kicker:  She's been endorsed by ACORN.

Doug Hoffman is running on the Conservative line, as a real conservative.  He's against higher taxes, the tax-and-kill debacle, Obamascare, and he's a BUSINESSMAN.  He thinks like we do. 

The race is a three-way statistical tie between him, Dede and the Dem, with a full 45% undecided.  Would you consider going to DougHoffmanforCongress.com and tossing a few bucks his way?  This is one way we can do SOMETHING before 2010.  Thanks for reading through, if you did.   

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »
May I post a shameless political appeal here? 

Are you sick to death of RINO's?  We have a special election to fill McHugh's seat (NY) on 11/2.  The GOP, in a smoke-filled back room somewhere, decided by committee to put one Dede Scozzafava on the Repub ticket.  She is Nancy Pelosi with an R behind her name.  She's for gay marriage, card check, bailout, porkulus, taxes, and the kicker:  She's been endorsed by ACORN.

Doug Hoffman is running on the Conservative line, as a real conservative.  He's against higher taxes, the tax-and-kill debacle, Obamascare, and he's a BUSINESSMAN.  He thinks like we do. 

The race is a three-way statistical tie between him, Dede and the Dem, with a full 45% undecided.  Would you consider going to DougHoffmanforCongress.com and tossing a few bucks his way?  This is one way we can do SOMETHING before 2010.  Thanks for reading through, if you did.   

Let me ditto this one.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 12:20:38 PM »
The Election 2010 forum is open for business.  I'll be doing some housekeeping, so if you happen to "lose" your thread about a specific candidate or race, check in here.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 12:34:35 PM »
My only problem with donating money to a political candidate is the fallout.

My mailbox is absolutely choked with followup requests and pleas for more money. When I go home for lunch in just a few minutes, I guarantee I'll have at least one letter with a gotta-save-the-world-by-electing-me in my mailbox.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
My only problem with donating money to a political candidate is the fallout.

My mailbox is absolutely choked with followup requests and pleas for more money. When I go home for lunch in just a few minutes, I guarantee I'll have at least one letter with a gotta-save-the-world-by-electing-me in my mailbox.

Must be a Missouri thing, as I have the same problem......we've confined our political donations to instate races (except we sent fifty bucks to Bobby Jindahl after the Katrina fiasco), but that doesn't seem to keep us from getting solicitations from every Republican in the free world.......they are pretty effective at sharing their donor lists.

I wish they were as effective at coming up with good candidates........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chump

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »

I would, but Newt said I don't anything, and even if I do, I'm just trying to attempt a purge.  Sorry, the Newt has spoken.   :whatever:

Money is always tight for my family, but I'm sure we can scrounge up something.  It's a personal affront to me to see Sozzafavabeanthpthp's name followed by an R with the policies she endorses.  C'mon, I've heard of RINOs but she is flat-out ridiculous.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »
I would, but Newt said I don't anything, and even if I do, I'm just trying to attempt a purge.  Sorry, the Newt has spoken.   :whatever:

Money is always tight for my family, but I'm sure we can scrounge up something.  It's a personal affront to me to see Sozzafavabeanthpthp's name followed by an R with the policies she endorses.  C'mon, I've heard of RINOs but she is flat-out ridiculous.

Scozzafava is a DIABLO (hat tip to Mark Steyn):  Democrat In All But Label Only.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 12:19:33 PM »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
Ugh.....
http://watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091101/NEWS09/911019992

I read elsewhere, that besides Chucky Schumer, that Rahm Emanuel also called Dede to throw her support to Owens. I wonder what promises were made to her for doing so.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »
I read elsewhere, that besides Chucky Schumer, that Rahm Emanuel also called Dede to throw her support to Owens. I wonder what promises were made to her for doing so.

Pasta Czar?

We don't have one of those yet, do we? Well, it's about time, dammit!

Has Scuzzy paid her taxes? No? Well then, she's PERFECT!!!!11111!!!!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.