Author Topic: Mickelson, Tiger's caddy engage in war of words  (Read 981 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Mickelson, Tiger's caddy engage in war of words
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
I brought the UK Guardian story over because it is actually using the foul language, unlike the US links.

Phil Mickelson accused Steve Williams of making inappropriate and inaccurate comments last night after it emerged Tiger Woods' infamously brusque caddie had described the world's No3 golfer in unflattering terms in front of 250 people at a charity event in New Zealand.

Williams admitted yesterday he had indeed called Mickelson a "prick" and added, "I don't particularly like the guy [Mickelson]. He pays me no respect at all and hence I don't pay him any respect. It's no secret we don't get along either."

The sedate world of professional golf is unused to such unvarnished opinions being thrown around in public and Mickelson made his unhappiness clear. "After seeing Steve Williams' comments all I could think of was how lucky I am to have a class act like Bones (his caddie, Jim Mackay) on my bag and representing me," the American left-hander said.

Mickelson also said a "joke" told by Williams in which the player was heckled by a fan over his weight during this year's US Open at Torrey Pines was "a total fabrication". "It is based on an incident on the 17th hole during a practice round of the US Open at Bethpage in 2002 that involved a European Tour player. The story has been retold often but Woods and Williams were not present at that incident," he said.

LINK
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Mickelson, Tiger's caddy engage in war of words
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 01:37:53 PM »

what a catty caddy.  (sorry, I have been in the druken floridian food fight threads this morning. :-) )