Author Topic: Had a nice, calm fatherly discussion with an anti-vaxxer.  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Had a nice, calm fatherly discussion with an anti-vaxxer.
« on: April 16, 2021, 01:37:07 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215342304

Ohhh, been a long time since I’ve seen one of these bouncies!

LuckyCharms

I had to get an imaging study done at a hospital.

Even though I am fully vaccinated, I wore two masks, a face shield, and gloves.

I did not sit in the waiting room to be called back for the test. I stood in the hallway, far away from others.

The tech came out to get me, walked past me, walked into the waiting room, did not social distance, and called my name. I said "I'm out here".

We walked back to the imaging room together. She moved close to me as we walked, and I kept moving away. She wore a loose fitting surgical type of mask, which was puckered open around her cheeks, allowing plenty of air to get in or escape.

We entered the darkened room, and I laid on my back on a table. She sat next to me as she performed the imaging procedure.

Her: I can't wait until things get back to normal
Me: I can't either
Her: Have you gotten the jab
Me: Yes, I'm fully vaccinated. Two Pfizer doses
Her: I haven't decided yet
Me: What is it you haven't decided on
Her: I don't know if I will get the vaccination
Me: Really
Her: Yes, I have some problems with it
Me: And what are those problems
Her: Well, they use stem cells from aborted babies to make the vaccine

Me: Well, I can't comment because I don't know too much about that
Her: How come in this day and age, they have to use stem cells from abortions
Me: Like I said, I can't comment
Her: I take care of my elderly parents. My dad is almost 90. my mom is a few years younger

Me: Are they vaccinated?
Her: One is, and one isn't
Me: I see
Me: Are you afraid of giving them Covid
Her: Oh, no! I'm very safe. I social distance all of the time, and avoid crowds of people
Me: I see

Her: I almost had an abortion when I was young
Me: Well, that's really none of my business
Her: I got off the table at the last minute, and now I have a beautiful daughter
Me: That's great

Her: You probably think I'm stupid for not getting the vaccine
Me: You have your beliefs, based on your own life experiences, so I don't have the right, nor the rudeness, to call you stupid.

Me: But, I have my own beliefs too.
Her: What are your beliefs

Me: I believe you are not safe, and you do not social distance

Her: What makes you say that

Me: Your mouth is 2 feet away from mine. You did not social distance when you walked into the waiting room. You could be giving me Covid right this minute, as we speak. Your mask is useless. It barely fits. In fact. I could be giving you Covid right now.

Her: But you are vaccinated

Me: That doesn't mean I don't have Covid, now does it. The vaccine is 95% effective, and the jury still seems to be out on the variants.

Her: Didn't they check your temperature?

Me: I could be an asymptomatic carrier

Me: You could give your parents Covid

Her: Like I said, I'm very careful

Me: You're not careful. You just think you are. Based upon what I've seen of you just in the past 15 minutes, you're not careful at all.

Me: You are worried about stem cells. Are you more worried about the cells than you are about the 600,000 Covid deaths that have already occurred, with plenty more on the way?

Her: Silence

Me: You are a God fearing woman

Her: Oh yes! very much so!

Me: Do you think God had a hand in creating this vaccine then?

Me: If your parents died because of your "beliefs", do you think you would be questioning yourself for the rest of your life?

Me: Do you think we will ever achieve herd immunity if enough people refuse to take the vaccine? The answer is no, we won't, and we will be living like this forever.

Me: Those are my beliefs.

We finished up, I put my clothes back on. she walked me out.

Her: Nice talking to you.

Me: You as well. stay safe.

More at the link. I love how they have total recall!  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Re: Had a nice, calm fatherly discussion with an anti-vaxxer.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
Total recall is easy when you're making it up as you type.....
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »
reminds me of a letter to the Penthouse Forum...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 01:52:06 PM »
Even though I am fully vaccinated, I wore two masks, a face shield, and gloves

:rotf: :rofl: :lol:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 01:56:17 PM »
I don't know whose ignorance is more disturbing, that of ChuckyLarms or of the possibly-fictional X-ray tech.

That ChuckyLarms doesn't know that only the J&J vaccine of those approved for use in the US is made using fetal cells (actually, cells descended from a baby aborted, IIRC, several decades ago in Sweden) is unsurprising. That a hospital X-ray tech thinks all Covid vaccines are made using fetal cells is at best odd, and may possibly be evidence that this encounter is substantially fictional.

I have zero problems with DU-Moron ChuckyLarms fearfully cowering behind multiple face masks plus a face shield for the rest of his life. In real life there is no such thing as zero risk, and as the growth of the populations of the vaccinated and the recovered reduces the risk of Covid a point will be reached where mandated restrictions are lifted or so universally "violated" that they are made unenforceable. IMO, that point is weeks away except in states that have already lifted their (or never had) restrictions.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 02:11:35 PM »
I have a serious question. Have any of us actually been locked down?  Is there anyone here who has not seen family in a year?  Anyone who has not ventured from their home?

I see story after story on DU about people saying they haven’t seen family or friends or even gone into a store!

Is this real?  Nothing really changed where I live. I’ve been asked to leave exactly 4 stores. That’s no longer an issue since Abbott opened our state. These stories seem surreal to me.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »

Yup

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »
Buckeye_Democrat (11,362 posts)

21. Lots of people get jobs in the medical field...

... for the money.

Many of them aren't particularly bright or naturally curious, like someone in academics.

I'm glad that you were respectful, though. You MIGHT have got through to her.

At least she wasn't loudly snapping gum under her mask while replying, "I don't believe in the myths of science."  There was a beautician who said that to me many years ago.

Getting into the medical field for the money, yes... I do see that a lot... not particularly bright... I have wondered how some coworkers manage to live independently at times myself....

but the "like someone in academics..." LMAO

I know more than a fair number of educated idiots.

Just because someone has a doctoral degree (can be medicine, PhD, EdD, whatever) does not mean that they are necessarily "bright."

It does demonstrate (assuming they actually earned it) that they have the drive and tenacity to do the work, with an understanding of whatever data they compiled for their thesis. But outside of that data, often they are bumbling idiots. Academia hosts a lot of people that aren't bright, don't actually think, aren't curious (not in the way the OP means) in the least. They get into academics, get tenure and coast.

Full disclosure:

I became a nurse (91C back in the day) because of the money... (18k Enlistment bonus), also because of the women ( I saw a lot of attractive females in hospital that they didn't have in the 187th), because of the employment potential outside of the military (91B great.. but only EMT-B pay outside), and I actually like to help people.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »
reminds me of a letter to the Penthouse Forum...

That's my line!!!  And obviously that reflects our age, because we're actually familiar with Penthouse Letters!

The DUmmies are always rather blatant about how they know they're losing by crafting ridiculous bouncy tales to reinforce their narrative.

Ralphie's axiom: The prevalence of Bouncies indicates the the desperation when they know they're circling the drain.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 02:34:00 PM »
  LuckyCharms

I had to get an imaging study done at a hospital.

Even though I am fully vaccinated, I wore two masks, a face shield, a condom, butt plug and gloves. :loser: :loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I did not sit in the waiting room to be called back for the test. I stood in the hallway Middle of the street, far away from others.
:loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Many of them aren't particularly bright or naturally curious, like someone in academics.
Who never had a real job or worked out in the real world. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 02:37:30 PM »
:loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 Who never had a real job or worked out in the real world. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :loser: :loser:

It is rather stupendous to ponder that intellect to DUmmies is only about egg-head education in worthless crap rather than actually studying something meaningful.  Or having a real job outside of academia.  No wonder they're so angry and bitter 24/7/365.

Enjoy watching them with perverse awe just to laugh at how freaking stupid they are.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »
Is there anyone here who has not seen family in a year?  Anyone who has not ventured from their home?

I see story after story on DU about people saying they haven’t seen family or friends

That's because when you are the worlds biggest douche bag and you either disown your family and friends or they dis own you you wind up alone.

Being a loser has it's consequences. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 02:51:42 PM »

Roses are red and
violets are blue
I have schizophrenia and
so do I.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »
I have a serious question. Have any of us actually been locked down?  Is there anyone here who has not seen family in a year?  Anyone who has not ventured from their home?

I see story after story on DU about people saying they haven’t seen family or friends or even gone into a store!

Is this real?  Nothing really changed where I live. I’ve been asked to leave exactly 4 stores. That’s no longer an issue since Abbott opened our state. These stories seem surreal to me.

KC
*reluctantly raises hand*

I live in Michigan, and I haven't seen my two little grandchildren in nearly 16 months. It's mostly because my son is being overly cautious. Even though he, his wife, DH, and I have been fully vaccinated, the kids haven't, and I guess he is concerned about the little ones getting it. (It does happen. My bff's 5-year old grandson has gotten it.)

He has said we can come and visit, but only if we are willing to stay at their house. We MUCH prefer to stay in hotels, because fish and houseguests . . . DH isn't willing to do that. (They are both pretty stubborn.)

In December, a friend of mine lost 7 relatives, including her mom and sister, all within about three weeks to this virus. Don't know how you get over something like that. I became much more careful after that.

Meanwhile, our cases are sky-high. I keep posting on FB that Witchler should talk to Gov. DeSantis, but she's not going to take my advice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »
*reluctantly raises hand*

I live in Michigan, and I haven't seen my two little grandchildren in nearly 16 months. It's mostly because my son is being overly cautious. Even though he, his wife, DH, and I have been fully vaccinated, the kids haven't, and I guess he is concerned about the little ones getting it. (It does happen. My bff's 5-year old grandson has gotten it.)

He has said we can come and visit, but only if we are willing to stay at their house. We MUCH prefer to stay in hotels, because fish and houseguests . . . DH isn't willing to do that. (They are both pretty stubborn.)

In December, a friend of mine lost 7 relatives, including her mom and sister, all within about three weeks to this virus. Don't know how you get over something like that. I became much more careful after that.

Meanwhile, our cases are sky-high. I keep posting on FB that Witchler should talk to Gov. DeSantis, but she's not going to take my advice.

Well, that stinks Mary Ann.  But I completely understand the motives of parents who are wary (however unrational) to protect their offspring.  Lord knows why the epicenters of the virus have been in certain locations, including your state.  One of the phrases that I wish could be banished from our lexicon is "abundance of caution".  Guess it just bothers me because there is no way to eliminate risk from anyone's life.  Anyone who understands basic logic would understand that.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 04:19:45 PM »
What a crappy bouncy. I was looking forward to a conversion at the end.  Or maybe a waiting room full of people standing and applauding the DUmmie's impeccable logic.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 05:20:02 PM »
Well, that stinks Mary Ann.  But I completely understand the motives of parents who are wary (however unrational) to protect their offspring.  Lord knows why the epicenters of the virus have been in certain locations, including your state.  One of the phrases that I wish could be banished from our lexicon is "abundance of caution".  Guess it just bothers me because there is no way to eliminate risk from anyone's life.  Anyone who understands basic logic would understand that.
Having a daughter-in-law is HARD. A m-i-l has to dance on eggshells, because d-i-l holds all the power. DH and I have discussed this at length, and we are well aware that if we visit, and then someone in their home comes down with COVID, we will get the blame. So--until this is over, we will keep our distance. BUT, we are not going to live our lives as if contact with the outside world is an automatic death sentence. Throughout the (various) lockdowns, we continued to do business with our favorite restaurant, even if it meant taking out, rather than dining in. (The restaurant thanked us by comping our dinner the first night they could open for dine-in.)

We also have reservations for Mackinac Island. And are looking forward like a 16-year old boy looks forward to getting his drivers license.
And are looking forward to them more than, well, the only comparable example is a 15-year old looking forward to getting his/her license.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 05:34:22 PM »
Even though I am fully vaccinated, I wore two masks, a face shield, and gloves

I'm sure he also had on a bicycle helmet, a condom and a pair of Depends.  Because you can never be too safe.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 06:15:11 PM »

KC

We're going to see my aunt for her birthday this weekend.  None of us will be wearing masks. My aunt turned 104 on Wednesday. She would yell at us if we did.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 11:41:11 PM »

We also have reservations for Mackinac Island. And are looking forward like a 16-year old boy looks forward to getting his drivers license.
And are looking forward to them more than, well, the only comparable example is a 15-year old looking forward to getting his/her license.

You know of course that a 16 yr old boy is not excited about getting in the driver's seat, he's excited about getting in the backseat. ;)

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 06:04:07 AM »
Quote from: LuckyCharms

I realise that this entire event took place in LuckyCharms' head (probably assisted by a few choice narcotics), but even by her account this wasn't an anti-vaxxer - the person actually said she hasn't decided yet whether she'll have it or not.

I've had both shots of the Pfizer, but I will strenuously defend those who have moral objections or even mere queries about the process...bodily autonomy is a vitally important medical principle. But I suppose if one believes that everybody belongs to the government, then the government can make whatever decisions it wants about them...

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 06:07:09 AM »

No way.

At first I fell for the government's nonsense, and for the first three or four weeks took things moderately seriously (still going out for exercise every day). Then it became clear that the lock-downs were all about political cover, and I've held them in complete contempt ever since. I obey minor rules (e.g., masks in shops), but I've travelled to visit family and friends (including 'illegal' overnight stays), had visitors, and basically kept going as normal.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 06:38:44 AM »
This bouncy was way too heavy on the virtue signaling. Typical primitive trying to make others believe they are intelligent and that they hold the ability to care. They possess neither.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 11:28:04 PM »
Has there ever been an actual incident of a DUmmie ever saying either of these things?

“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 08:02:11 AM »
Has there ever been an actual incident of a DUmmie ever saying either of these things?

DUpipo are the ultimate combination of not tolerating people who choose/believe differently and hyper-busybody.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.