Author Topic: primitives discuss sandwiches  (Read 2506 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: primitives discuss sandwiches
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
It could have been.  I can't remember ever trying feta, but I think I might pick some up to put on hamburgers later this week.  It sure was good.

You will probably really like it.

I know Kroger's carries it in the cheese section of the deli. They have plain and a couple of "flavored" ones. I've tried the one that has teeny bits tomato and basil added to it...it's really good on salads.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
If purchased, Philly cheesesteak wit' provolone or Italian hoagie

At home, tomato (from the yard) + mayo + rye OR BLT but the T has to be homegrown . . . so only in the summer.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
I must be the only person here who doesn't like tomatoes.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »

My wife also suffers from that affliction, but strangely has never met a dish made with tomato sauce (No chuncks) that she didn't like.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
My wife also suffers from that affliction, but strangely has never met a dish made with tomato sauce (No chuncks) that she didn't like.

My son's the same way. Has no problem at all with lasagne or marinara sauce.  :whatever:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »
I guess I have odd tastes, but when I just want to cook a hamburger on the stove for a sandwich, I prefer those packaged frozen "chopped beef steaks" like Clark's or Bubba Burger to the fresh hamburger at the meat counter. They just seem to have a better flavor. I toss them in the pan frozen with melted butter and throw a dash of Accent and garlic salt on each side. Cook them until they're still a little pink inside and maybe melt a slice of Swiss on them. Lay them straight out of the pan on some soft white bread with mayo. Good stuff.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
Too many to list. Some of my favorites though:

Hot roast beef with horseradish
Left over T-giving turkey on rye with provolone and mayo.

+1, especially the turkey on rye. 

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »

Yes, it is an odd affliction.

I'm about to chow down on some pizza...

Irrational I know, but if I was rational my girlfriend would find me boring.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 06:48:11 PM »
I guess I have odd tastes, but when I just want to cook a hamburger on the stove for a sandwich, I prefer those packaged frozen "chopped beef steaks" like Clark's or Bubba Burger to the fresh hamburger at the meat counter. They just seem to have a better flavor. I toss them in the pan frozen with melted butter and throw a dash of Accent and garlic salt on each side. Cook them until they're still a little pink inside and maybe melt a slice of Swiss on them. Lay them straight out of the pan on some soft white bread with mayo. Good stuff.

I do the same, only with pepper jack. Makes for a tasty meal.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
I disliked peanut butter for years but never had a problem with something that had a few peanuts in it.  I've learned to enjoy PB&J but still don't care for peanut brittle or something with a lot of nuts in it.

I do like pecans and almonds... I'd eat them every day if they were free.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »

I don't like them raw, but love them in things.
Same goes for bananas.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 07:15:25 PM »
My mom's chicken salad on croissant.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 07:29:37 PM »
Okay, so this isn't a sandwich, but my wife introduced me to something that she said was called "reuben chicken."  Boneless chicken breasts, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, and Swiss cheese in a casserole dish, iun that order.  Cook uncovered at 350 F for an hour, or until the Swiss cheese starts to turn brown.  What a meal.  The kraut makes you particularly dangerous the next day, too. :fuelfire:

(ETA:  It doesn't qualify as a bouncy, as "so" is the second word in the first sentence. :tongue: )
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.