Author Topic: Sam's Club  (Read 12984 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Sam's Club
« on: February 23, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »
I must be the last person in the world to get a Sam's Club membership.  $55/year, roughly a dollar a week.

After I gave my ID to the "customer service" girl to set up my membership, she wandered over to the other end of the counter where a group of employees were talking.  After standing there for about fifteen minutes, I wandered over to find out they were discussing what they wanted for lunch.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Sam's Club
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »
I must be the last person in the world to get a Sam's Club membership.  $55/year, roughly a dollar a week.

After I gave my ID to the "customer service" girl to set up my membership, she wandered over to the other end of the counter where a group of employees were talking.  After standing there for about fifteen minutes, I wandered over to find out they were discussing what they wanted for lunch.

I don't think you'd find that problem at Costco. Wish we had one of those in our area. We're "members" of Sam's Club too, but would much prefer Costco over Sam's.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
I don't think you'd find that problem at Costco. Wish we had one of those in our area. We're "members" of Sam's Club too, but would much prefer Costco over Sam's.

Costco is slightly better than Sam's in terms of breadth of selection and pricing.

Here is an inside track: Buy the Sam's Advantage Plus only once when they are offering it cheap.  Let that part lapse but you get to keep the Plus card, which gets you into the store early and a few other perks.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
I wasn't impressed by the selection, but the prices were okay.  I'll have to take my receipt to the grocery store to see how much I saved. 

I probably could have gone to Aldi's instead, and I think some of the store-brand items at Kroger may have been cheaper.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »
I wasn't impressed by the selection, but the prices were okay.  I'll have to take my receipt to the grocery store to see how much I saved. 

I probably could have gone to Aldi's instead, and I think some of the store-brand items at Kroger may have been cheaper.

Sam's is a hit or miss with savings.  I go there for dog food, paper products, and coffee primarily.  Then I scope out other good deals.  Sometimes it's charcoal, or  meat, or fire safes.  There's usually something.  Aldi's gets the rest of my shopping, and for a few items, it's Kroger/Tom Thumb. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 10:18:28 PM »
Sometimes it's charcoal, or  meat, or fire safes.   

Charcoal, meat, and fire safes - in the same sentence.

I think you're trying to tell us something, tots!

:lmao:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
Charcoal, meat, and fire safes - in the same sentence.

I think you're trying to tell us something, tots!

:lmao:

Son of a biscuit!  That didn't come out right at all!  But it's the truth!  :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »
I was a Costco member when I was younger. I am a Sam's Club member now. I wouldn't go back to Costco with a gun to my head.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44:58 PM »
Costo is run by liberal shitbags.  They're not getting my dollar.  Never mind that the closest one is either in the ghetto on the west side of town or half an hour south of here.

I did notice the abundance of paper products.  I'll have to go back when I make another donation to our local Humane Society (usually paper towels and cat food).

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »
I did notice the abundance of paper products.  I'll have to go back when I make another donation to our local Humane Society (usually paper towels and cat food).

:cheersmate: