Author Topic: Greenbriar pizzed that she didn't get cancer sooner  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Greenbriar pizzed that she didn't get cancer sooner
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »
This ole gal is the prototype DUmmy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6229271

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-05-09 08:49 PM
Original message
a couple weeks ago I had pancreatitis brought on by crohn's ...or so they thought

now it seems that I could have colon cancer.

I have to have a colonoscopy with bioposy planned

and get this...

School starts in 2 weeks

teachers report next week.

sheesh...why couldn't this have happened 2 months ago?

I actually laughed at this statement.

And then this from her addressing her own OP.

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-05-09 09:02 PM
Response to Original message
9. and this is neg-repped why?

just curious

I'm so confused.

This just made her day.

Tangerine LaBamba  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-05-09 09:48 PM
25. It'll be all right -

hang in there. Enjoy the drugs. :)

Everything will be all right .............

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-05-09 10:31 PM
35. thank you all. I am in so much pain right now. it hurts to even breathe

the pain is in my right side below my ribcage..The hospital says it is my colon

I have had 6 pain pills since 4 pm and can't take any more for a couple more hours

I hurt

This was posted at 10:30 PM EST. That would make it 9:30 PM her time.

mmonk  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-05-09 11:33 PM
38. My youngest son has Crohn's disease . Best of luck to you.   Updated at 9:57 AM

My family will be thinking of you. We hope for the best.

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-06-09 10:24 AM
Response to Reply #38
42. do you do anything different for his diet?

what kind of meds does he take?

She trying to set up a future score.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jtyangel

Re: Greenbriar pizzed that she didn't get cancer sooner
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:01:07 AM »
Dixie's post in another thread about borrowing trouble is relevant here. I understand what Green is saying, it would have been better to find out when she was not teaching to have time to tackle it, but I know of a teacher who was diagnosed with breast cancer right before school started and was out the whole year so it's not likely she'd have been done with treatment before school started anyway.

I'm going to give her a pass this time on being 'weird'. I'm sure she's scared out of her gourd with the potential this might lead to. People have been known to focus on something totally immaterial when facing something life-threatening like that--just one of those coping skill quirks. I wish her the best and hope it's treatable.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
Good Luck and God Bless Greenbriar.  I hope it's not cancer but if it is I pray it is treatable.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
I'm going to give her a pass this time on being 'weird'.
You can give her a pass on being weird.
You cannot give her a pass on lying in 100% of what she says, 100% of the time.
The chance of anything in this current scream for attention being true is therefore 0%.

And anyway, she has great insurance.
She can get to Johns Hopkins on her own.

Calling Miss Waverly! Calling Miss Waverly!
DUmmy Beth! DUmmy flyarm! DUmmy greatauntoftriplets! DUmmy goodboy!
Where are you guys?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 10:15:07 AM »
I have had 6 pain pills since 4 pm and can't take any more for a couple more hours

Ignore the recommended dosage, and I also hear that painkillers work better when taken with alcohol, lots of alcohol.  :evillaugh:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
In the event this is 100% true, I am praying for her to have a speedy recovery. In the event it's not, shame on her.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:02 AM »
In the event this is 100% true, I am praying for her to have a speedy recovery. In the event it's not, shame on her.

My sentiments, as well.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »
Hey DUmmie take a pain pill.  :bird:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dQfb8WQvo
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »
Methinks she has diverticulitis.  Just like Doug and Wendy Whiner of SNL fame. 

In my experience, doctors oftentimes tell patients that they will do a colonoscopy to RULE OUT cancer with a very small suspicion for such. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 12:13:38 PM »
Colon cancer nowadays is one of the cancers with a high survivability rate. You may have to wear a bag, but most of the time these days it is not as life threatening as some of the other cancers. My FIL had a colostomy bag for 30 years, he dealt with it quite well.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
Crohn's is serious, but treatable and can develop into cancer.

I hope for her sake, that she will be alright. Crohn's is enough to deal with. I wouldn't wish either disease on anyone. My ex SIL has Crohn's and has suffered with it for years as she doesn't follow doctors' orders and one of my step nieces had it 20 yrs ago in college, upon diagnosis immediately removing 17" of her colon and her parents watching over her like hawks for several years after, she has maintained well and just had a miracle baby (her one and only) 2 weeks ago.

I do think it needs to be mentioned that "Greenbriar" should be very glad that she has private insurance....and is getting a colonoscopy and biopsy quickly.....and be damn glad that Obama care hasn't started yet....as her Crohn's - particularly if advanced - would probably preclude her from having any further treatment other than pain pills to keep her comfortable until she croaks.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »
If its true its very sad and I hope she prevails.

Wishing it had happened 2 months ago is insane Dumminess. Telling her to relax and enjoy the drugs is also insane DUmminess.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »
I, too, wish her well.  Cancer is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »
Has she complained of stomach problems for a long time?  Crohn's just doesn't "pop up" out of nowhere.  

Edited to add that I didn't read her whole post.  For those in the know, has she been diagnosed with Crohn's?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:53:13 PM by BEG »

Offline Tucker

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
Has she complained of stomach problems for a long time?  Crohn's just doesn't "pop up" out of nowhere.  

Edited to add that I didn't read her whole post.  For those in the know, has she been diagnosed with Crohn's?

It's something new every other week.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
This has been in the Lounge for 25 minutes without any replies.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8971930

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-06-09 10:37 PM
Original message
I go monday to have my colonsocopy/biopsy

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...