Author Topic: franksolich to write novel about primitive  (Read 590 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
franksolich to write novel about primitive
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
Being considerably ill, and under orders to "take it easy," I tried to read myself to sleep, but the brain was working in overtime, spinning and churning about a first attempt to write fiction; a novel about a primitive.

One notices the primitives on Skins's island have been commenting a great deal lately, about writing, and apparently franksolich caught that "bug" from them.

So in the manner of the literary primitives on Skins island, franksolich has his first novel, about the life of a primitive, all laid out.

It could not possibly be a novel about a primitive other than the Rita Hayworth primitive, the "Tangerine LaBamba" primitive, who has led a long, interesting, and colorful life, as betrayed in between the lines of her comments around bonfires on Skins's island.

The Rita Hayworth primitive is utterly fascinating, the mirror-opposite of the now-banished lying tits primitive, the "TomInTib" primitive.  The lying tits primitive led a rather boring and meaningless life, but made up bombastic tales to make it seem otherwise.

The Rita Hayworth primitive, on the other hand, has actually had a long and exciting life, but refrains from talking about it.

Really, she should, as it has not been unimpressive, but as the Rita Hayworth primitive won't, franksolich will do it for her.

The Rita Hayworth primitive is pretty old; she recalls the landing on the moon in 1969, watching it on television while sitting in a nursing home in a wheelchair.

Anyway. 

The novel opens with the Rita Hayworth primitive, then a teenager, exploring the South Seas and Deepest Africa with the then-famous photographers Martin and Osa Johnson.

There comes a little dust-up in Europe, and the Rita Hayworth primitive bears a "love-child" fathered by the gallant late-middle-aged Marshal Philippe Petain.....which leads to international gossip and rumors that the Rita Hayworth primitive is the real mother of the then-infant Reza Pahlavi.

The Rita Hayworth primitive has an ephermal association with Robert Leopold and Richard Leob, and then goes on to teach Gertrude Ederle how to swim.

Then there is a torrid affair with Generalissimo Chaing Kai-Shek, before the little peanut turns his attentions to one of the Soong sisters.

After which comes a vague association with l'affaire Stavisky in France.

It goes on and on, an Elsa Maxwell sort of life.

Right now I'm up to the Rita Hayworth primitive's middle age, where still possessing feminine guile and pulchtritude, the Rita Hayworth primitive competes with Lady Edwina Mountbatten for the bed of Jawaharlal Nehru.

There's still a lot of ground to cover in this novel-based-upon-real-life, and before I get there, I'm curious as to what others might think--do you suppose the Rita Hayworth primitive, the "Tangerine LaBamba" primitive, was the left-handed attorney, the "oldleftylawyer" primitive, who gave the Bostonian Drunkard so much grief during Fitzmas?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: franksolich to write novel about primitive
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »
I would have no clue. Nobody knows them better than you do.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »
I don't think TLaB and OLL are the same - but I do think they are cut from the same cloth.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:41:42 AM »
I don't think TLaB and OLL are the same - but I do think they are cut from the same cloth.

"Cut from the same cloth" is right on the money; allegedly an attorney, allegedly from northern Virginia, allegedly pretty old.

Based upon that, in the novel, I plan to have a chapter where Andrew Mellon sends the Rita Hayworth primitive away to Pittsburgh to law school, so as to avoid the scandal breaking out about the Rita Hayworth primitive hopping around in the sack with Herbert Hoover in Washington.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:30:04 AM »
I hope you're starting to feel better, Frank.
I've also toyed with the idea of writing some steamy historical fiction based on what I've been able to glean from the legal papers accompanying my old house (1824).  Based on reading between the lines, there were massive feuds caused by what exactly?  A brother having his sister declared a "lunatic," based on what exactly?  Another brother owing his sister considerable money for gambling and other debts (straight out of the DUmpster).  A certain "never married" gentleman and said lunatic connected in some way (hmmm Subway Cat).  The whole thing resulted in a ghost, and what's she so unhappy about?  Oh look at me, this is about your novel.  Sorry.  Good luck!  I just can never figure out how to start without sounding like "it was a dark and stormy night." 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »
I've also toyed with the idea of writing some steamy historical fiction based on what I've been able to glean from the legal papers accompanying my old house (1824).  Based on reading between the lines, there were massive feuds caused by what exactly?  A brother having his sister declared a "lunatic," based on what exactly?  Another brother owing his sister considerable money for gambling and other debts (straight out of the DUmpster).  A certain "never married" gentleman and said lunatic connected in some way (hmmm Subway Cat).  The whole thing resulted in a ghost, and what's she so unhappy about?

Hey, madam, you got some great material there, for a barn-burner of a story.

Far better than what I have thus far for this one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
Thanks!  Some of these characters belong right in the DUmp.  The freeloading brother above was also a mama's boy, and received in the will his boyhood bedroom.  Nothing else.  Of course, he had never moved out of it.  I picture AngryCarpenter.   There's also the Control Freak matron who tries to run things from the grave.  It doesn't work. 

Of course, the house didn't always have a steady string of losers.  There was the German immigrant family who sailed to the new world in the 1800's, set up a very successful cheese operation, had 13 children, ALL OF WHOM were alive to attend their parents' 50th wedding anniversary party.  Heartwarming stuff, and real patriots.  The cows they kept make my garden a champ. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
Damn, we need to get you writing, madam, and I mean that.

The autobiography of a house.

I mean to say you have something there.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
"Cut from the same cloth" is right on the money; allegedly an attorney, allegedly from northern Virginia, allegedly pretty old.

Based upon that, in the novel, I plan to have a chapter where Andrew Mellon sends the Rita Hayworth primitive away to Pittsburgh to law school, so as to avoid the scandal breaking out about the Rita Hayworth primitive hopping around in the sack with Herbert Hoover in Washington.

What ever happened to Oll ?   Do you plan on an Oral Roberts character based on
"Andy"  I think it was?  They have had so many purges over there how can one be expected to keep track?  Oh yeah, they like to bury 'em deep.

And shouldn't that real flopping around in the sack...
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
OLL made an appearance at a DUmmy get-together a couple months ago.  The thread was pretty cringe-worthy, complete with pictures. 

It looked like a pretty boring party.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.