Author Topic: Can they make Hunter Biden testify?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Can they make Hunter Biden testify?
« on: November 10, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »
Star Member question everything (36,480 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212672063

Can they make Hunter Biden testify?
Yes, I am scared. These Rs think only of themselves. Of their reelection campaigns.

:rotf:

Star Member Snarkoleptic (5,388 posts)

1. No.

Democrats must approve any requests submitted by Republicans and they are expected to reject the requests for Hunter Biden and the whistleblower to appear.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/politics/house-republicans-impeachment-witness-requests/index.html

I shudder to think how screwed we'd be right now, had the Dems not taken back the House of Representatives.

Hate to have a 'fair' trial or anything...

Mike Nelson (6,168 posts)

3. No and yes...

... no for the House of Reps... yes for the Senate or AG Barr.

:-)

17. There are so many former prosecutors in the senate

they would love to confuse any witness with no experience in facing a barrage of questions.

Perhaps I have been watching too many detective shows...

:whatever:

Star Member StarfishSaver (6,310 posts)

10. True, but it will be difficult in the Senate

If the Articles are drafted right, anything about Hunter Biden would be irrelevant from an evidentiary standpoint and the Chief Justice could exclude it.

Star Member uponit7771 (59,098 posts)

19. Makes me think democrats should charge Red Don with a crime instead of just an impeachable act.

Would that make things more formal and able to keep out there distracting BS we know is coming?

tia

:thatsright:

21. Couldn't the impeachment of a president involve charging him with a crime? I'm thinking they did ... this with Clinton right?

thx in advance

:loser:

Star Member mcar (29,940 posts)

22. IIRC, Clinton's impeachment was based on his supposed perjury in a deposition in a civil case. They based the impeachment on his perjury. They didn't charge him with a crime.

Hav (3,620 posts)

6. Why should you be scared?

There is no indication so far that Hunter Biden has done anything wrong that would even warrant an investigation.
This is like 2016 when too many just believed baseless and made up accusations.

:whatever:

7. Will give them a chance to twist facts and any statements

We have seen many - certainly Graham - switch ideas and opinion almost within the same paragraphs.

I don't think - don't know, really - whether Hunter is a skilled speaker. We don't know how he can withstand facing hostile inquisitors. We have had too many stories, in the criminal system, when witnesses ending up implying different things.

Hope to be found wrong on all accounts.

4139 (1,608 posts)

12. If the articles of impeachment include Ukraine, trump will be call both Bidens if he wants

Trumps defense is he was just asking Ukraine to investigate possible corruption.
Chief Justice will allow him call both Bidens if trump chooses to

Star Member StarfishSaver (6,310 posts)

15. Not necessarily

They don't need to question Biden to put Trump's mindset into the record.

That would be like calling Monica Lewinsky in Clinton's impeachment trial to testify about her sexual encounters with Clinton. The details of what they actually did were irrelevant on the issue of obstruction and perjury.

That would be the case here. Even if Hunter Biden HAD engaged in corrupt acts, which, of course, he didn't, that's irrelevant on the issue of Trump's extortion, bribery, obstruction and other wrongdoing.

And if they want to make Trump's mindset the issue the issue, Trump would have to testify to it himself, which isn't likely to happen.

Moreover, I don't think Roberts would allow it because he had no intention of presiding over a circus.

Star Member smirkymonkey (45,884 posts)

24. Why can't he just behave like a republican and refuse?

I don't get why Democrats need to abide by the rules while republicans get to ignore them.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Can they make Hunter Biden testify?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »

19. Makes me think democrats should charge Red Don with a crime instead of just an impeachable act.

Would that make things more formal and able to keep out there distracting BS we know is coming?

Makes me think you need a crime to charge President Trump with first
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:10 PM »
Hav (3,620 posts)

6. Why should you be scared?

There is no indication so far that Hunter Biden has done anything wrong that would even warrant an investigation.
This is like 2016 when too many just believed baseless and made up accusations.

You mean like Russian collusion?  Completely fabricated nonsense.

Let that world renound oil and gas expert Hunter Biden tesify then.  Perhaps he can explain how someone with zero experience in Ukrainian energy gets such a high paying gig.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »

1. No.

Democrats must approve any requests submitted by Republicans and they are expected to reject the requests for Hunter Biden and the whistleblower to appear.

Schifftyroo can refuse any R witness he chooses when it's in his kangaroo court, but if the Dems actually impeach Trump, the Senate hearings would be presided over by the Chief Justice, who is not a Hate-Trump partisan. IMO, Schifftyroo would be handing the Rs a PR gift if he turned down any of the witnesses the Rs want to call.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »

1. No.

playing by the same rules that exist at the DUmp.  Only let what you agree with be heard, and quash anything that goes against your pre-determined narrative. 

How democratic of it all...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 03:40:53 PM »

they would love to confuse any witness with no experience in facing a barrage of questions.

No, you have been watching fake news, the mueller witch hunt and this phony impeachment bull shit. :thatsright: :loser: :loser:

The dems the deep state and intelligence agency's did their best to try to ruin the lives of anyone close to Trump. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 07:43:05 PM »

Oh I see.... can't have any witnesses for the defense, oh no.  Only for the prosecution.  Hmmmm... where have I heard of a court like that before?  Oh yeah!!! I remember!!! The Soviet Union! The People's Republic of China!  North Korea!  Nazi Germany! Venezuela! 

Dummies... you just proved to the world that you liberal assholes are the same as what your supposedly decry. Totalitarians.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi