Author Topic: What are your Pet Peeves?  (Read 47859 times)

Offline catsmtrods

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 04:02:49 AM »
I agree.  America is sorely lacking in driving education.  I've read about Germany's multi-tier licensing program and I think it's a good idea.  Too many people take driving for granted here.  Personally, I think everyone should be forced to drive in traffic with a manual transmission until they've mastered it, but that's just me. 

Nothing like being stuck in rush hour traffic on the interstate with a heavy clutch and a 5-speed.

Take notice, 80% of bad drivers are driving subaru's!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 04:06:26 AM »
Take notice 80-90% of all bad drivers are in Subaru's!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »
Newscasters who cannot pronounce peoples' or places names correctly - this morning, talking about some campaign adds, they show a blurb of one of the commercials (saying the man's name half a dozen times correctly) yet not a one of the newscasters pronounced it correctly.  ::)
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2010, 07:34:07 AM »
People who don't try--hey, I get it that not all of us can be rocket scientists, but when you don't use your God-given brains, you're shitbird number one on my list.

Oblivious people in Wal-Mart, etc.  You want to hold a conversation about the quality of that shirt on the rack?  MOVE THE HELL OUTTA THE WAY!

Momentary power failures (like the one I just had.)

More as I get them.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »
or the farmhouse.

A 10 beers-per-person rule of thumb is usually a safe estimate on quantity needed.

Lightweight.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 08:38:40 AM »
My mom does that ALL THE TIME!

That's why I try to keep our phone conversations to a minimum.

For me, it's my MIL.  I just want to reach over and slap her sometimes.  But of course I sit and fake being patient. :uhsure:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
Lightweight.

Sparkles, that is just daytime beer. That doesn't include dinner beers and after dinner drinks.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:10 AM »
Sparkles, that is just daytime beer. That doesn't include dinner beers and after dinner drinks.

Like I said...

Bottom line, if you can't raise the level of the lake by at least 6 inches, you haven't been drinking enough.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:27 AM »
Like I said...

Bottom line, if you can't raise the level of the lake by at least 6 inches, you haven't been drinking enough.

Eh, usually you get at least 5 extra beers out of that level from the women only drinking about half of their allotment.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »
Newscasters with no discernible accent who, when saying their name, suddenly break in to full Spanish fluency.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »
A 10 beers-per-person rule of thumb is usually a safe estimate on quantity needed.

Not in Texas, brutha.

Case per person is more accurate.    RULE # 1 WHEN IT COMES TO BEER, ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH

:-) :whatever:

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
OK, I just thought of this peeve getting ready for work this morning . . .

Why can't women's sizes be uniform, for cripe's sake?????  Why can someone try on 'X' number of pants, the same style and size from different manufacturers, and more than half of them are either too small or too large??  :hammer:

It makes me crazy (or crazier, depending)!

It's not even a guarantee that the same style/size from the same label will be the same.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 01:06:36 PM »

Why can't women's sizes be uniform, for cripe's sake?????  Why can someone try on 'X' number of pants, the same style and size from different manufacturers, and more than half of them are either too small or too large??  :hammer:

It's not even a guarantee that the same style/size from the same label will be the same.

YES!  :hi5:  I have two pairs of jeans from the same lable, listed the same size & style (color is different) and one pair is too small.  <grrrrrr>
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 05:02:47 PM »

FYI, not limited to women's clothes
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »
FYI, not limited to women's clothes

Exactly. That's why I've bought the same brand and style of jeans for the last decade. I know if I get the same size, they'll always fit.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline soleil

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »
Exactly. That's why I've bought the same brand and style of jeans for the last decade. I know if I get the same size, they'll always fit.

That isn't always the case for me. I am not sure if it has to do with each jean is handmade, but I've bought 2 pairs of the exact jean, in the exact same size, and one is much bigger than the other. Sucks!!

Also, many men's pants have waist and length. May women's don't. You can sometimes find short/regular/long, but even that is funky.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »
That isn't always the case for me. I am not sure if it has to do with each jean is handmade, but I've bought 2 pairs of the exact jean, in the exact same size, and one is much bigger than the other. Sucks!!

Also, many men's pants have waist and length. May women's don't. You can sometimes find short/regular/long, but even that is funky.

Why are womens jeans more expensive than mens, even when by buying the same brand and style?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »
My biggest problem with buying jeans is the different cuts.  I prefer straight-legged jeans but I have no idea what the different cuts mean.  As a result, I ended up buying at least three pairs that are way too baggy and loose.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »
Not in Texas, brutha.

Case per person is more accurate.    RULE # 1 WHEN IT COMES TO BEER, ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH

:-) :whatever:

Alright, it is just best to install a full-service bar with 3 tapped kegs at the farm pond for 1 daylight's worth of fishing.  :cheersmate:

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »
I dislike it when people mispronounce Nevada.  It's like pronouncing the 's' on Illinois.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
Alright, it is just best to install a full-service bar with 3 tapped kegs at the farm pond for 1 daylight's worth of fishing.  :cheersmate:

Yes.  But none of that 3.2 crap.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:41 PM »
Why are womens jeans more expensive than mens, even when by buying the same brand and style?
Because, historically, they have been dumb enough to pay it and not bitch about the difference.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 02:34:17 AM »
My biggest problem with buying jeans is the different cuts.  I prefer straight-legged jeans but I have no idea what the different cuts mean.  As a result, I ended up buying at least three pairs that are way too baggy and loose.

Which would explain why the only jeans I've owned (aside from Navy dungarees) are Levi's 501's.  Yeah, they're pricey.  But I know what I'm getting, and I like how they fit.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:55 AM »
Which would explain why the only jeans I've owned (aside from Navy dungarees) are Levi's 501's.  Yeah, they're pricey.  But I know what I'm getting, and I like how they fit.

Ever since Levis went to China, I refuse to buy them. They don't fit the same as they used to.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »
Ever since Levis went to China, I refuse to buy them. They don't fit the same as they used to.

ARRRRRG, men and boys that wear jeans with the crotch 3-4 inches below their, errr, manhood.

I have yet to see a male wearing dress pants  that make it look like their butt has shrunk 5 sizes.

Unless at the beach, those tank tops the sleeveless ones men wear with arm pit hair flapping in the breeze makes me wonder how they would feel if woman stopped shaving their pits and did the same.

Ball caps on males in public over 40 years of age, damn, even little girls wear them, time to buy a big boys hat.