Author Topic: The Bouncy is HUGE!!!!  (Read 917 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The Bouncy is HUGE!!!!
« on: September 12, 2019, 10:53:15 PM »
Star Member Cyrano (11,600 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212458603

My sad and fear, about those who can't see it

I have some family members, friends and acquaintances who still don't get it. They can't grasp the deadly danger we are all facing. They, somehow, can't understand that Donald Trump, and the Republican Party that has turned a blind eye to him, are a threat to all of us, our democracy, our freedoms, and perhaps the existence of human life on this planet.

Damn! Damn! Damn! Every time some op-ed columnist or some pundit gives us reasons that the creature in the White House must be defeated, they never state the reality. And the reality is that we have a madman, who controls all the levers of power, running amok. He can destroy everything.

And that's not hyperbole. He can destroy everything.

The useless polls keep telling us that his ratings are garbage, but that he can win the electoral college and get another four years.

Four more years?? We'll be fortunate to survive another year and a half of this beast.

So let me wrap up this rant. A madman has all the power he ever dreamed of. And millions of ignorant people, along with every bigoted piece of trash, can't wait to reelect him.

Let's stop for a moment, take a deep breath, and try to imagine who would be hateful/insane/bizarre enough to want to keep Trump in power. How ****ing brain dead does someone have to be to want a know-nothing, sadistic, mental basket case as their "great leader?"

I don't know whether the Republican Party and the Russians have the ability to steal the 2020 election for him. But if that happens, no sane human being who cares about their children, their grandchildren, or the rest of the people on this planet, can let that stand.

But let's not let it get that far. We have the power to stop it with a historically massive vote that can't be stolen. Let's all turn our full efforts to making that happen.

:thatsright:

Star Member handmade34 (17,114 posts)

1. read this....

https://www.alternet.org/2019/09/psychologist-whose-work-explored-the-psychology-of-cruelty-america-under-trump-is-a-nightmare-situation/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1443

Almost three years into Trump’s presidency, are things better or worse than you expected?

Things are much worse than I could have imagined — and I began being very pessimistic. Everything I’ve seen and heard about Donald Trump shows that he is an “excessive present hedonist.” That is, he lives in the immediate present. There’s no future. There’s no past. And he lives for pleasure. Trump’s problem there is also combined with him being an extreme narcissist. Everything begins with him. Donald Trump cannot relate to anything which does not have any value to him. Usually money. Also allegiance. People must be loyal to him as if he were a king. The problem with present hedonists like Donald Trump is they make decisions on the spur of the moment, without ever thinking of consequences. This has been happening throughout his entire regime....

How can your landmark Stanford Prison Experiment explain the broader social forces that Donald Trump has summoned and what that reveals about the United States in this moment?

Donald Trump is both the president of the United States and the superintendent of this national prison that he’s created. If he’s the superintendent, there’s nobody above him to tell Trump that what he is doing is wrong, illegal or immoral. It’s like a runaway train. Once you start that engine going, there’s no stopping it. The opposition is not organized well enough yet.

Many of Trump’s followers do not live meaningful lives. They’re living through him vicariously. Trump’s supporters want him to be more extreme. Trump’s supporters do not accept ambiguity. Everything must be simple and extreme.

:mental:

Chin music (4,292 posts)

3. And Congress can impeach him.

You express distress, but, seem to forget Congress is the check on the Executive. The implication is that, voting is our only hope, while in the same breath stating we can't afford 1.5 years more.
Voting is THE LEAST we can do, and we already kind of know that that avenue is being corrupted, but, your op suggests that's our only recourse. There is zero evidence that just bc folks vote in overwhelming numbers that it somehow over rides the russian/gop programming. Are you seriously ok with taking that chance?
The idea posted here often, that a vast majority of us are "old" so therefore, we can't be expected to do anything like protest, gets trotted out here day after day. My parents are much older than me, and stand ready to march, and have been active like that for years. They have set the example for my whole family as to that avenue.
The older generation has to lead by example. SHOW the younger generation what active, loyal opposition looks like, instead of freaking out. We MUST INSIST on a faster impeachment process and effective end of same.
If we can't impeach THIS guy by now, wth good is the whole process? That leaves nothing left but to 'get stepping'.
The forever comments by any of us here is good, but, it's an ineffective counter to the coup happening in this great nation as we type and read. France protests if the cost of carrots gets too high. It's part of the way they do things, and it works. See Hong kong now. It works.
Supposedly Mr Nadler is announcing "rules of impeachment' today that "should allow for impeachment articles by the END OF THE YEAR." That's 4 months away. Is that honestly the time schedule we should be allowing at this point?
Congress gets paid to represent us forcefully. And we're talking (after benefits) well over a quarter million a year. The show bills they put up are fine, but, they'll never pass the Senate or be signed by the russian, so what really is the point other than going through the motions? We are just plebes on the internet. Has anything anyone ever said here changed our historical direction? I bet not. Especially w the "hide police" waiting to rat out someone to a jury, so their voices can be removed. Or worse yet, made so we will never be on a jury ourselves, to judge them.
It's not too much to ask for some expediency. We've been waiting a long time. If the shoe was on the other foot, this ball would've been rolling months ago. THAT's why repubs vote repub no matter what...bc they fight like hell. Good, bad, legal or not, they fight for their people. They don't ask 'how', they just DO. And it works for them.
Instead of praying we don't get a "hide" here on DU for being more forceful about what we require from our "reps", louder voices should be encouraged imho. We are managed into being pacified here, bc should we dare speak up against the Ds and require more, some comfortable D somewhere (or R w a diabolical agenda to ruin us here), will feel a poster crossed the line and the Alert goes up. Voices shouldn't be tamped down. Especially in such perilous times. That's just my thoughts though. Once the elections over, and he wins again, confirming what we know even today, that the election is rigged, it's too late. We stand to lose everything. Our country, our safety nets, our security, and all because we gave congress and each other too big of a pass. We have no idea who reads this site. Who knows if people take their cues from this forum. I bet we'd be surprised. Making excuses for molassass slow govt, in the name of not bad-mouthing(?) Ds, seems to be somewhat of a fools errand to me. We can love our people, but, insist on certain action. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. We aren't "bad Ds" bc we see the writing on the wall. Truly just my opinion. But, I hope some of it sinks in.
Today should be interesting. Fingers crossed for more urgency by congress. Politics shouldn't be the news everyday...it's time to get back to living our lives. That's the nature of REPRESENTATIVE GOVT.
I'm worn out too...but, I'm still ready to go. Let's go!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

olegramps (7,255 posts)

9. Will impeachment gain as much as indept investigations without the possibly of consequences?

I believe that the Republicans unending investigations of Hilary Clinton unfortunately very effective in damaging her. Keeping Trump in the spot light of investigations doesn't pose the possibility of backlash that impeachment could awaken. Impeachment will provide the Republicans with a forum to condemn the investigations as harassment and an unfounded witch hunt 24/7. They will not be forced to address the issues on a daily basis that will be exposed by hearings.

I respect your opinion and my only hope is the defeat of Trump. I believe that the very nature of the two parties must be seriously considered. Firstly, the Republican constituency is comprised of a majority of people who have been totally convinced that the Democrats are evil, immoral people who are corrupting the nation and who are unpatriotic flag burning turncoats. The evangelical block is especially convinced and vote in blocks without any question. The old adage that herding Democrats is like herding cats is a given. It is the nature of progressives to be open minded and or a thousand opinions and by nature naturally welcoming of change in compared to staunch Republicans. We must also consider what effect it will have on the independent voters. The reality is that the outcome is greatly dependent on winning their support. I would like to see some research conducted before throwing caution to the winds.

:lmao:

Chin music (4,292 posts)

11. The repubs will condemn anything. What's new?

What path do you suggest where repubs don't act awful and scream about anything? There isn't one. IMHO our actions shouldn't be based on what the enemy(?) will do.
We should be prepared for the worst, while we get them on the record supporting trump and russian infiltration. I'm just a person in a sea of millions though.
I'd prefer being sent to the gulag knowing I fought against what i knew was coming. Bravely, courageously, and not w a mind for what others think in the OPPOSITION.
N Carolina R's revealed yesterday the lengths they're willing to go. [which it turned out was a huge lie told by the Democrat Gov.] That's the gop. To think there's anyway but hardball, seems folly. They understand it when they get punched in the mouth. (figuratively...or not.)
If hurting Rs feelings is against your ethics, then, respectfully, please stop w the nullifying commentary, bc there's a lot of us who will fight without worrying about what a bunch of crooks are doing, or how mad they're going to get. Just a humble opinion. Not meant at all to be personal.
have a good weekend. Winters coming.

:loser:

olegramps (7,255 posts)

13. I resent your remark: If hurting Rs feeling is against your ethics...

As a veteran who served their country honorably and someone who walked in a number of demonstrations against the Viet Nam and Iraq wars, segregation and worked the registration drives to get minorities registered, I take affront to someone haphazardly questioning my or any fellow American's will to oppose the evil. My question is what is the best why to confront Trump and the lockstep Republican constituency. You say you are not being personal, yet that is exactly what you are doing.

playing the victim card...

Chin music (4,292 posts)

14. Im sorry if I hurt your feelings.

It wasn't my intent. Im tired myself of the counter arguments that have so far, yielded us nothing.
You have ZERO idea of my sacrifice. Please don't assume yours has been any greater than mine.
I suppose I'll get a hide for this now too. Perfect example of what i stated above should it come to pass.
Respectfully, the 'veteran thing' seems just a way to somehow make it like I insulted your honor. It's a conversation board. You DON'T know my service, and I DON'T need to flash my badges/bona fides, to sanctify my comments either.
I don't wear my resume on my shoulder as some form of a shield to somehow bolster what Ive said as legit or more 'correct'.
But I could.
I respect YOUR service, but, we are all equal in America. i disagree w what you said.
Sorry if that hurts your feelings. I'm just saying what I think needs to be said.
Good day.
PS...you can always block me. I'll do the same so's not to run into this again.

olegramps (7,255 posts)

17. Your response only reveals that you have failed to read my original response.

I can only respond that my post only questioned what is the best way to proceed. I can only suppose from your response that you have reacted negatively to any questioning of your opinion. I would point that Nancy Polosi has been extremely cautious in rushing to impeachment. But I can only conclude that you would find this wanting at best in adequate.

When you attack people without any reflection on their point of view, don't be surprised that they just find your responses to be less than charitable. Yes, I do take offense to someone without a shed of knowledge of a person attacking them for no reason other than suggesting other views to their omnipotent declarations. It seems to me that is a major obstacle with this president in that he can not tolerate any opinion other than his profound grasp of the situation. Well, we have seen where the lack of listening respectfully to an others views can lead to catastrophe. I would conclude that I have Zero idea of your sacrifice. No, I most assuredly don't and you might notice that I would never assume so as you have. Yes, I am proud of my service and as a member of the VFW I support those who have given so much for this nation. You also assume that you have hurt my feeling which only reveals that perhaps you should reconsider that you don't have that capacity. My response was only this; what is the best way to proceed. I have no idea why you are suggesting anything in regard to blocking anyone. Sorry that isn't my style. It has never cross my mind. I would point out that you seem to have disregarded that I said that you have a right to your opinion. Remember, that this it is your opinion and not likely to be written in stone in the near future.

16. Dear Chin music

The next time you want to hijack a thread, please do your own OP.

I agree with much of what you said, but if I'd had that much to say on any topic, I sure as hell would have started a new thread.

And I'm not some sour prick who is against whatever anyone else has to say. When I have something I feel is important enough to post, I start a new thread on it.

Enough said.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

ffr (14,110 posts)

10. Don't devote any more energy into convincing them, they're a lost cause

Focus on building a future for your family, getting democrats to turn out on election day, and any other thing that brings you happiness. **** them! They're simpletons who find gratification in your misery AND ARE ALL TOO HAPPY to take you down with them, if tRump kills all life on this planet. They could care less, just look at what they've enabled!!

18. Nonetheless, a tremendous turnout of the sane on election day

will be sufficient to push the insane back to their caves on the fringe.

But even if we defeat them, they aren't going away. They've always been there and they'll be there until evolution catches up with them. -- Yeah, I know. It's gonna' take a while.

the next year is gonna be sooooooooo sweat watching the DUmpmonkiez explode on each other...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: The Bouncy is HUGE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:44:18 AM »
Obviously Nance Gregg hasn't copyrighted hysterical incoherence. I'm guessing Cyanose isn't fancying the Dems' 2020 chances. Otherwise he'd be be in full 2016-style Gloat Mode, picturing what he would do to shocked and dismayed Trump voters on the day after the election.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:22:08 AM »
If it's not the OLD must lead the YOUNG to overthrow the Presidency, it's the USEFUL must lead the USELESS to overthrow the Presidency.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 10:24:01 AM »
Fixed for reality.

The democrats  are a threat to all of us, our democracy, our freedoms, and perhaps the existence of human life on this planet.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.