Author Topic: I think I am what one might term "emotionally frazzled"  (Read 549 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I think I am what one might term "emotionally frazzled"
« on: February 22, 2021, 09:00:18 AM »
Star Member Atticus (10,218 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215140219

I think I am what one might term "emotionally frazzled" and I think I know why:

too many of the names and faces---dozens and dozens---that I hear and see each day in the "news" belong to evil greedy immoral Trumpie assholes and each brings a bump in the blood pressure and a tightening of the stomach.

I have posted before that "stress is the physiological result of constantly suppressing the urge to slap the liviin' shit out of some sonofabitch who richly deserves it!" That is my problem. I am allowing them to trigger a reaction that harms only me.

So, that's the problem. Now, I just have to work on a solution, but I have to confess: I still think Matt Gaetz needs smackin'.

I have work to do.

:whatever:

Star Member Laelth (31,743 posts)

3. I watch Jen Psaki whenever possible.

That’s my therapy these days. Try it. I promise you will feel better.

Ignore the Trumpist assholes.

-Laelth

:loser:

Star Member Silent3 (10,528 posts)

5. It's not the evil greedy immoral Trumpie assholes themselves that frazzle me...

...it's the distinct lack of them all being in prison that's the problem.

Yeah... can you list the crimes they've committed?

:yawn:

Star Member qwlauren35 (5,188 posts)

7. I generally find that DU does not post much about the scumbags, so I stay here.

And if it looks like the post is about a scumbag, I skip it.

I am moving forward, Biden is moving forward. I am leaving the scumbags behind - let Garland deal with them.

Star Member bottomofthehill (3,169 posts)

8. I feel your pain

Atticus,
Since the armed insurrection directed by our Ex-President, I have been caught up in the investigation and arrest of these terrorists. It has made me angry ( an understatement) sad, tired, generally pissed off. I am having a hard time breaking the cycle as it constantly pops up on the TV news, news papers, conversations at work, it is everywhere. When you add the isolattion of Covid (I am still working) there is no social life to blow off steam, these are just tough times.

Thankfully, I have been able to vent here, and it has helped. Best to vent where you can. Better days are coming. Look at the last 30 days with competent adult leadership in the White House.

Keep the faith

Star Member tavernier (9,130 posts)

17. Please seek help immediately.

If you can drive yourself, ok, but I suggest you find a friend to take you.
Go immediately to the nearest ice cream store in your vicinity. You will need to request chocolate... if they are out of chocolate, make your way to the next nearest store.

I know it sounds unusual, but there has been a severe shortage of chocolate ever since the rump was in office, so you might run into that.

Anyway, once you have ordered the chocolate ice cream, take it slowly. It will help a great deal but rapid ingestion is not advised. If you have a problem with the plain kind, you may add fruits or nuts or syrups, or even another flavor of ice cream. It’s all good.
Keep eating until you can locate that smile that has been missing from your face.
Good luck!

:rotf:

26. I have been practicing this craft for years.

:lmao:

Star Member PatSeg (36,581 posts)

19. And its not just how truly awful they are, it is that it is hard to believe they are actual real human beings, not characters in a movie. We often accept the absurdity of fictional characters, but we don't expect that such people would appear in real life in positions of importance. In real life, people like that wouldn't get elected to governorships, congress, or the White House. They would be part of a very small fringe that no one would take seriously, like the John Birchers in the fifties or your crazy brother-in-law that everyone tolerates during the holidays or the obnoxious loudmouth drunk at the end of the bar. Certainly no news media would give them any serious exposure.

Then one day you wake up and see them everywhere infiltrating all our institutions, making guest appearances on mainstream news programs, and sitting in positions of power, making life-altering decisions that affect us all. It is still surreal to me and even more surreal is how many seemingly normal people accept and even approve of it.

:yawn:

Dehumanizing your enemy to make it easier to kill them later- key commie plan.

Star Member smirkymonkey (58,406 posts)

34. I think that's what really gets me.

I mean how can any normal person NOT hate these people? And then you think, WTF?

:bird:

Star Member wnylib (5,233 posts)

20. Some of the frustration for me comes from knowing they deserve investigations, at the very least, and seeing them continue with impunity. It makes a person feel helpless.

So, there are two ways to handle that and you can do both. One is to call or e-mail a Senator or Representative who can take action. Encourage other people to do the same. If your own state members of Congress are unlikely to do anything, contact someone who is more likely to give a damn, like Schumer or Pelosi. Their staff will note the number of requests for action on specific issues.

Also, you can get involved in groups that are taking action on supporting candidates that are better alternatives to the scum in Congress.

That will help you feel less helpless and part of a solution.

Second, admit that as one person alone, you ARE somewhat helpless. You can't change the entire country. So after doing what you CAN do, let it go. Detach a bit. Avoid upsetting news reports. Take a vacation from them for a while and focus on fun things that you like in order to restore and maintain your sanity. Physical movement is a good way to work off suppressed energy that comes from wanting to smack someone. Whatever exercise you enjoy and can do will help, whether it's walking, running, biking, dancing, etc.

Enjoy some good music, maybe soothing tunes. Or movies. Books. A craft hobby. Whatever suits you and makes you feel better.

Good luck.

Star Member Grasswire2 (8,783 posts)

22. PTSD of a sort. Maybe C-PTSD. (C stands for "complex"

We have been in an abusive relationship with Trump(ism) far too long. This is the result.

Acting in kindness to others is a diversion. Burying oneself in doing good leaves little time for the abusers to affect us. The world needs joy, and anything we do to lift up another is time well spent to that end.

:thatsright: but don't you dare call them fragile snowflakes...

Star Member TwilightZone (20,318 posts)

27. That's why I avoid TV "news" whenever possible.

I stopped watching much network or cable news years ago but doubled down when Trump became the nominee. I get almost all of my news from various sources online instead, and it's much less stressful.

Star Member Faux pas (10,859 posts)

30. We need to do a class action law suit against all of them starting with the hump et al. Is there a such thing as emotional battery?

::)

Star Member I_UndergroundPanther (4,913 posts)

31. Ive been doing coloring book games and paint by number games on my phone and doing actual art when it all gets to pissing me off. And of course I do ritual magick to destroy all the sociopathic scum out there to make them all just die off. I have no shame asking the universe or whatever the unknown is to fix natures mistake and eliminate all abusers and abusers of power. i want every narcissist ,authoritarian and sociopath dead and gone from this earth, **** em all. And just typing that I feel better.

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: I think I am what one might term "emotionally frazzled"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 09:44:08 AM »
Star Member Laelth (31,743 posts)

3. I watch Jen Psaki whenever possible.

That’s my therapy these days. Try it. I promise you will feel better.

so you take comfort in the daily circle back circlejerk.  How pathetic...

Star Member bottomofthehill (3,169 posts)

8. I feel your pain

Atticus,
Since the armed insurrection directed by our Ex-President,

Can you point to the exact phrase and time it was given by the last legitimate President of this country to take up arms and engage in an armed insurrection?

with the assistance of the media and blue state politicians you ****ers succeeded in using election fraud and ballot tampering to install your senile puppet over all of us and you are still mentally ****ed up.  You guys can't be happy even when you "win".  Maybe it's because deep down inside you know it's a hollow victory.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:47:22 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 11:17:55 AM »
What news are these nutters watching that is so full on pro-Trump?  Admittedly, I'm not staring at any TV news channels or casts frequently, but I'm not seeing dozens and dozens of Trump owned talking heads anywhere.  What I do see is ones that still have to put words like "false" and "disproved" in front of any mention of just about anything Trump said prior to peacefully leaving office. 

Maybe the TV is really off and the only thing playing is in their heads?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »
What news are these nutters watching that is so full on pro-Trump?  Admittedly, I'm not staring at any TV news channels or casts frequently, but I'm not seeing dozens and dozens of Trump owned talking heads anywhere.  What I do see is ones that still have to put words like "false" and "disproved" in front of any mention of just about anything Trump said prior to peacefully leaving office. 

Maybe the TV is really off and the only thing playing is in their heads?

This is going to cause meltdowns all across the DUmmy nation this coming week...

Trump to speak at CPAC in first public appearance since leaving White House
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/539737-trump-to-speak-at-cpac-in-first-public-appearance-since-leaving-white

I'm sure the xiden secret police and his media puppets will be watching this closely looking to give the impression that this will be a pre-cursor to  "armed insurrection" in the planning.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 11:48:51 AM »

17. Please seek help immediately.

That sage advice should be the disclaimer when anyone joins the DUmp.  Because if you are going to DU for sanity, you really need mental help.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
That sage advice should be the disclaimer when anyone joins the DUmp.  Because if you are going to DU for sanity, you really need mental help.

Yeah.  I see two of the worst mental cases on Skins's island on that thread.

The senescent grasswire primitive and the subway cat.

There's no counseling or therapy strong enough to do either of them any good.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 12:28:41 PM »

too many of the names and faces---dozens and dozens---that I hear and see each day in the "news" belong to evil greedy immoral Trumpie assholes and each brings a bump in the blood pressure and a tightening of the stomach.
So, that's the problem. Now, I just have to work on a solution, but I have to confess: I still think Matt Gaetz needs smackin'.

I have work to do.

1. Are Atticus' favored news sources reporting facts he doesn't want to hear?

2. Is that a threat of violence against a Congress member?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 07:43:01 PM »

I have posted before that "stress is the physiological result of constantly suppressing the urge to slap the liviin' shit out of some sonofabitch who richly deserves it!" That is my problem. I am allowing them to trigger a reaction that harms only me.

I have work to do.

I have a solution to what ails you, Atticus. Find a tall parking garage... 5 stories will do... go to the top and jump off.  You will fly, fly away and never ever be emotionally frazzled again.  I promise!!!

5 cents please.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:50:28 PM »
A liberal that's "emotionally frazzled" a/k/a angry. How common and normal.  :yawn:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.