Author Topic: Pedro Picasso being a Pollyanna  (Read 921 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso being a Pollyanna
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:35:25 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4555382

Oh my.

daninthemoon (1000+ posts)      Sat Nov-29-08 10:23 AM
Original message

Will a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan cause enough of a nuclear winter to forestall global warming? not the ideal solution to put it mildly, but the thought occured to me.

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Sat Nov-29-08 10:33 AM
Response to Original message

1. There will be no nuclear exchange

I may be a pollyanna [sic] on this one, but I don't think ANYONE is going to use a nuke again. We all saw what they do. We all know what will ensue if one is launched, even "those guys over there." They're not sequestered on an island like Japan...they'd be blowing up their neighbors, and they know that a first strike will essentially mean the end of BOTH parties, forever. Nukes' purpose it to keep your enemies from ****ing with you. It tends to work. No one ever gains anything by actually USING a nuke, only owning them and threatening people with them. Once you use one, the game is over and you don't "win" anything.

Bandit (1000+ posts)      Sat Nov-29-08 10:40 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. And there will never be a suicide bomber again because those things kill people.

Crazy is as crazy does.. Don't ever count your chicks until they are hatched..

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Sat Nov-29-08 10:46 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. A suicide bomber is a different thing

He'll kill himself to avenge a death or in thinking that he's helping "save" his people or his cause. Killing himself for that cause gets HIM into paradise. The people he kills don't go with him. That includes his mother, father, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, etc. Annihilating EVERYTHING serves no purpose. Killing YOURSELF brings a hefty reward in the sky. I see that as very different things.

After which some other primitives chime in, but no Primitives of Prominence.

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec 09th 2008, 08:27 AM
Response to Original message

BARACK WINS!

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE
WITH TERRORISTS?

EXPRESS YOUR OPINION
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Pedro Picasso being a Pollyanna
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »
Once again TexasToast displays for all to see he has no clue about the purpose of terrorism and/or what the terrorists will do to us to get their way.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »
Quote from:
Atman

.... they'd be blowing up their neighbors, and they know that a first strike will essentially mean the end of BOTH parties, forever. Nukes' purpose it [sic] to keep your enemies from ******* with you. It tends to work. No one ever gains anything by actually USING a nuke, only owning them and threatening people with them.

According to that "logic,"  :whatever:  a country that has nukes doesn't have to worry about ever being attacked by another country with nukes.  If that's the case, then our military sure does spend a lot of time and money to prepare for something that could never happen.  If only they would listen to Pedro.  But alas.......

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
Atman  (1000+ posts)        Sat Nov-29-08 10:46 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. A suicide bomber is a different thing

He'll kill himself to avenge a death or in thinking that he's helping "save" his people or his cause. Killing himself for that cause gets HIM into paradise. The people he kills don't go with him. That includes his mother, father, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, etc. Annihilating EVERYTHING serves no purpose. Killing YOURSELF brings a hefty reward in the sky. I see that as very different things.

You are stupid and blind beyond belief.

They are killing themselves in the pursuit of killing others and as many as possible.
You have to be the biggest fool on the planet to adopt a rationale as he does here.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
Two Words:

ACTIONABLE WATCH!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »
You are stupid and blind beyond belief.

They are killing themselves in the pursuit of killing others and as many as possible.
You have to be the biggest fool on the planet to adopt a rationale as he does here.

For someone who claims to be against torture...Texas Toast sure does just that to logic and reason.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »
DUmmies don't do reality.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:48 PM »
DUmmies don't do reality.

You know, sir, I suspect Pedro Picasso's dealing with something he never expected.

And that's why he probably took that job stuffing envelopes for that one political group.

The past 8 years, Pedro Picasso's been an "artist," peddling George Bush hatewares to Democrats, liberals, and primitives.

I'm not sure about Pedro Picasso's merits as an "artist;" to me, who knows good art when I see it, oftentimes it's difficult to differentiate between the "art" of Pedro Picasso, and the Swamp Rat and the now-mausoleumed Dysfunctional American.

They all look the same to me.

But apparently Pedro Picasso's done very well the past 8 years, although it's his wife who brought home most of the bacon even then.

However, problem.  George Bush unfortunately is going away in about 41 days, and there's not going to be any market for "hate George Bush" "art" after that.

So what is the "artist" Pedro Picasso to do?

One supposes he can switch over to creating icons and statuaries of 0bama, but that market's pretty saturated by other "artists," and the 0bamaites can buy only so much of this sort of stuff.  The supply's outstripped the demand.

I suspect Pedro Picasso's been spending a lot of time worrying about what he's to do now.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »
Coach, you know as well as I do that they will try to create a market for said fecal matter.  They will be only 15% successful.  Even that percentage might be pushing it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.