Author Topic: Well I guess the Afghanistan war is finally over  (Read 278 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Well I guess the Afghanistan war is finally over
« on: June 21, 2021, 08:07:08 PM »
ansible (1,431 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215548326

Well I guess the Afghanistan war is finally over, Taliban scores major victories

Zaid Hamid
@ZaidZamanHamid
Total collapse of the Afghan army in several provinces. Afghan soldiers are surrendering in large numbers to the Taliban and handing over weapons and vehicles....

Overnight Afghan Taliban have armoured infantry units available to them... All paid for by the Americans..

What an absolute ****ing waste of lives and money, 20 years all for nothing.

Because the PTB chose to leave the Afghan Government hanging, you ****ing morons...  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Star Member Beakybird (2,290 posts)

2. What lost the war in Afghanistan was the war in Iraq

A multi trillion dollar ****-up.

It is because you chose not to win. **** you.

Star Member Beakybird (2,290 posts)

13. Well we stalemated for 20 years.

Iraq depleted resources and international goodwill that we had after 9/11. After 9/11, the world felt sympathy for us. After the invasion of Iraq, the world solidly disliked us.
If we had asked all the countries that had helped us in Iraq to help in Afghanistan instead, things could have been very different.

:thatsright:

Calculating (1,957 posts)

3. Biggest waste ever

Thanks George w bush

:bird: State Department

Star Member Solly Mack (82,995 posts)

7. Hearts and minds. Hearts and minds.

Just think, in another 20 years we get to hear about how "they wouldn't let us win" just like we hear about Vietnam from certain quarters.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Is it clean, yet? Is it clean, yet?

It's SUPER clean!

it was true then, too...

Mysterian (2,340 posts)

12. The USA never should have attempted "nation building" in Afghanistan

We should have gone in, destroyed the terrorist training camps, captured/killed as many terrorists as possible, and had the troops home by Christmas. Of course, if Osama Bin Laden was not captured, continue every effort to do so, but not occupy the whole ****ing country.

The corrupt Bush cabal allowed Osama Bin Laden to escape into Pakistan by not committing sufficient forces to Afghanistan. Of course, they held back forces for the unjustified and stupid invasion of Iraq. It will be an eternal mark of shame upon every member of Congress who voted to authorize military action in Iraq. The majority of Democrats in Congress saw through the obvious lies and opposed the invasion.

:whatever:

maxsolomon (24,474 posts)

18. We barely attempted "Nation Building"

in Afghanistan (or Iraq for that matter).

We never put enough troops in there (there's some sort of ratio; I knew it once, like in 2004), we never secured the Pakistan border. Once the Iraq invasion happened, it was the poor relation of our Imperial Overreach.

All we bought was space for a generation of Afghanis to grow up WITHOUT Medieval Theocrats controlling their education and culture. That's not nothing.

Of course, they also grew up under constant threat of Terror attacks.

The next generation will really enjoy Taliban rule, I'm sure.

Oh, you ****ing idiots...

It's like I told a One-Star once, "You can't turn the Afghanis into the American Army Light... Just like you can't turn the Afghan Government into the USA..."

He was not pleased with me.

Star Member onethatcares (13,572 posts)

20. where do we invade next?

It's just not in the nations blood to go all peaceful and stuff.

and it's 1.............2............3 What are we fighting for? Hell, we have a party that's working against Democracy here so I sure as hell don't want to hear about spreading all those squirmy words about countries around the world.

I"ll take Nigeria on the WarTimeBingo Card.

I vote for 'piling Commie Bodies like cord-wood for $1000, Alex'...

:mad:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Well I guess the Afghanistan war is finally over
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 08:38:41 PM »
Another Biden accomplishment, surrendering.

Another year or three from now will be another Biden accomplishment, a terror attack by a group hosted by the Talibanders.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.