Author Topic: Wahhhh  (Read 4550 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Wahhhh
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
My hottie doctor upped my methotrexate. Actually doubling the dose, I feel like complete shit today.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Wahhhh
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »
Looked it up.......................nasty crap.   :p
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline sondrab

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
Damn my lady, that sucks. Sounds like a nice relaxing week or two in FL on the beach is what ya need. I just hate it you've been through so much in the 13 years we've known eachother.  Love ya girly.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »
Dr. Mentioned that drug in our discussions when I first found out I had cancer. Seems the medical and pharmacological field think that's a cure all drug. Comes with some nasty side effects too.  Never used it went with methadone instead.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »
Dr. Mentioned that drug in our discussions when I first found out I had cancer. Seems the medical and pharmacological field think that's a cure all drug. Comes with some nasty side effects too.  Never used it went with methadone instead.

Methadone instead of Methotrexate?  I've never heard of using methadone in place of methotrexate. I take methotrexate for an auto immune disease not cancer. It's a lot smaller dose than what you take for cancer but it still makes you feel like crap for a couple of days out of the week.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
Damn my lady, that sucks. Sounds like a nice relaxing week or two in FL on the beach is what ya need. I just hate it you've been through so much in the 13 years we've known eachother.  Love ya girly.

I love you too man!   :-*

Offline Zeus

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »
Methadone instead of Methotrexate?  I've never heard of using methadone in place of methotrexate. I take methotrexate for an auto immune disease not cancer. It's a lot smaller dose than what you take for cancer but it still makes you feel like crap for a couple of days out of the week.

Used in smaller doses than for an heroin addict. Works as a pain reliever and reduced nausea. In my case used in conjunction with Dilaudid,

I would have been real popular with junkies  :lmao:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »
Aww hon that stinks....hugs for ya!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
Used in smaller doses than for an heroin addict. Works as a pain reliever and reduced nausea. In my case used in conjunction with Dilaudid,

I would have been real popular with junkies  :lmao:

My brother died from a methadone overdose. It was his wife's methadone (she was taking it for pain). He had enough in his system to kill 4 people when he died.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »
Aww hon that stinks....hugs for ya!

I'll be OK Dixie. The longer I'm on it the less side effects I should have. My side effects are mild compared to others I have read.

Thanks for the hug though.   :)

Offline Zeus

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »
My brother died from a methadone overdose. It was his wife's methadone (she was taking it for pain). He had enough in his system to kill 4 people when he died.

I was on real small doses 40mg methadone twice daily and 4mg Dilaudid every 4 hrs. Everyone warned me about becoming addicted to the 2 but after about a yr i just quit both and had no problem except for the pain coming back.neuropathy pain in my feet & lower legs so bad some days it takes all I got to walk across the room. Debating becoming a junkie again .  :naughty:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
I was on real small doses 40mg methadone twice daily and 4mg Dilaudid every 4 hrs. Everyone warned me about becoming addicted to the 2 but after about a yr i just quit both and had no problem except for the pain coming back.neuropathy pain in my feet & lower legs so bad some days it takes all I got to walk across the room. Debating becoming a junkie again .  :naughty:

NO, NO, NO.  Say I have neurpthy and found a friend that HAD it----the cause was the denture adhesive he used.
He is now in a class action suit against the manufacture.

Yup, he went into hiding for a 6 months, never left his house and never put his teeth in.   No adhesive and the   problems went away.

Don't know why I have this problem but am looking at all I use in the home as some kind of chemicals from mouth wash to tooth paste.

Rather then try to cure or help this problem I will not go into manufactured drugs,  may try pot, smoke banana peels or dandelion greens but no more manufactured shit.

No I will not go out and gnaw on the bark of a tree for a head ache, will still trust aspirin, and take needed medication for blood pressure and heart, however all the other drugs my Doctor wants me to try-------Phooie---Lord knows what is in them.

So change your deodorant, shampoo, mouth wash and toothpaste.   You may have an allergy to something you use every day.

Better to go low road and smoke pot or drink whiskey then into the addicting stuff.    Something is causing this problem for both of us, my friend found out what it was, now we have to do as he did, find the chemical causing this and get it OUT of our lives.

For all we know it could be a chemical in detergent or dryer sheets.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »
NO, NO, NO.  Say I have neurpthy and found a friend that HAD it----the cause was the denture adhesive he used.
He is now in a class action suit against the manufacture.

Dr.'s seem to thing it's a side effect of the radiation/chemo treatment and will pass in time. I hope so because as said it hits like a bitch some days.

I used to be able to handle pain relatively well. Even as a kid if I said I hurt my mom would start to freak because she new I had a high tolerance to pain and if I said I hurt there must be something serious wrong.

I quit the manufactured solutions because I never had liked pills but like I told the Dr. I'm tired of hurting all the time and if the pill works I'll take it and risk possible addiction and deal with that if it comes.

Seriously if Texas was a medical marijuana state I'd never take another pill in my life.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
What do you take that for?  I had to take it for when I had ectopic pregnancies, to stop the baby from growing. :(  I never felt bad from it though physically.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline sondrab

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »

Seriously if Texas was a medical marijuana state I'd never take another pill in my life.

I think I would move to TX! I have an 87 year old customer that rides her bike to do all her shopping, she looks no older than 60. I asked her what she does to keep so healthy, said she has never taken a pill of any kind, drinks 2 glasses of red wine and a marijuana cigarette every day. She's one of my favorites!!!

Offline Zeus

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »

I think I would move to TX! I have an 87 year old customer that rides her bike to do all her shopping, she looks no older than 60. I asked her what she does to keep so healthy, said she has never taken a pill of any kind, drinks 2 glasses of red wine and a marijuana cigarette every day. She's one of my favorites!!!

Dr. Told my grandfather that dippin' that Copenhagen was going to kill him. My grandfather was 95 at the time. Besides his Copenhagen he drank a couple glasses of Brandy every day.He lived to be around 100 plus or minus a few yrs.

I don't buy into all the conspiracy issues as to why marijuana isn't legal but I do think it's because the govt wouldn't be able to 100% control it because it's so easy to grow. It's more of that backwards thinking, They want to be able to tax all of it instead of maybe 50 - 60% or so.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
What do you take that for?  I had to take it for when I had ectopic pregnancies, to stop the baby from growing. :(  I never felt bad from it though physically.

Gina, I take it to try to keep my uveitis and reactive arthritis controlled. They use it in auto immune diseases. My doctor said it was long past time to prevent it from reoccurring than to treat it every time it happens.  Every time I have a bout of UVeitis it damages my eye a little more and the reactive arthritis hurts like hell and moves from joint to joint. I have been on it for two months and so far (knock on wood) it is keeping it at bay.  If you can keep an auto immune disease quite for a period of around two years it will go "dormant" or "burn out". Not always but a lot of the time. My Takayasu arteritis is burned out. I haven't had an issue with it since my daughter Sarah was born in 1999.