Author Topic: dangers of overstuffing oneself  (Read 1871 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
dangers of overstuffing oneself
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »
On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, about noon, I consumed turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and three whole-wheat rolls with real butter.  I was too stuffed for dessert, and so brought back home half a pumpkin pie for later consumption.

About 5:00 p.m., when out with someone else, I put down a whole entire 16" double pepperoni pizza.  The pizzas were on "special" for ten bucks apiece, and the senior business partner had another one, with everything.

I've suffered since.  The caloric intake must've been enormous for a single day, but I don't worry about that; I got a long ways to go, before worrying about surplus calories.

There haven't been any intestinal or stomach-gas effects, just the sense that one's been hit in mid-section by a cannonball.  It's gone on for about twenty-four hours now.

I don't think I'm going to do this again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Boudicca

Re: dangers of overstuffing oneself
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »
I haven't been able to get away with pigging out like that since about 4th grade.  Notice I do not claim to have never indulged thusly since then, only that I no longer can escape the gustatory consequences. :(
Take heart, as my husband does (delusional of course :lmao:) those wheat rolls were "healthy" grains. :tongue:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: dangers of overstuffing oneself
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »
I haven't been able to get away with pigging out like that since about 4th grade.  Notice I do not claim to have never indulged thusly since then, only that I no longer can escape the gustatory consequences. :(

Take heart, as my husband does (delusional of course :lmao:) those wheat rolls were "healthy" grains. :tongue:

Yeah, I lost my head.

It's Saturday morning now, and while the feeling's going away--it's only a small cannonball now, not a big one--it's still here.  I don't think my "system" is built to absorb so much.  As mentioned earlier, there's been no intestinal or stomach-gas problems, just this hard hit in the mid-section.

What surprised me was the sense--real or imagined, I dunno--of dehydration.  When I get the urge--it's a real, living, vivid, urge--to gulp down milk directly from the jug rather than from a glass, I'm sure that doesn't help.

I got up in the middle of the night about twelve hours after both dinners, and when walking past the refrigerator, grabbed a new unopened one-gallon jug of milk (whole milk), and vacuumed down about three-quarters of the whole thing.

Of course, milk is a diuretic, and could possibly deplete one more, but I didn't care; it was a really intense craving.  Some hours later I made up for it by putting down plain ordinary water.
apres moi, le deluge