Author Topic: DUmmy wishes ISIS terrorist could have killed Bush & Cheney  (Read 212 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Star Member NJCher (29,486 posts)

ISIS Plotting To Assassinate George W. Bush In Dallas

Source: Forbes, MSN

The FBI used two confidential informants and surveillance of the alleged plotter’s WhatsApp account to reveal plans to smuggle assassins into the U.S. to murder the former president, according to a search warrant application discovered by Forbes.

An alleged ISIS operative in the U.S. was plotting to kill George W. Bush, going so far as to travel to Dallas in November to take video around the former president’s home and recruiting help from a team of compatriots he hoped to smuggle into the country over the Mexican border, according to an FBI search-warrant application filed March 23 and unsealed this week in the Southern District of Ohio.

snip

The case shows how federal investigators continue to monitor threats from ISIS even as the group has been severely weakened by American intelligence and military operations in recent years. It also shows how the FBI, despite its claims of being prevented from investigating major crimes because of Meta and other tech providers’ use of encryption, has been able to work around WhatsApp security by using old-school policing with sourcing of informants and tracking the metadata they can get from the messaging company.

The alleged plot organizer had been in the U.S. since 2020 and had an asylum application pending, according to the FBI’s search-warrant application. Federal agents used two different confidential sources to investigate the plot, one who claimed to offer assistance obtaining false immigration and identification documents, the second a purported customer of the alleged people smuggler, who was willing to pay thousands of dollars to bring his family into the country.

snip

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/exclusive-isis-plotting-to-assassinate-george-w-bush-in-dallas/ar-AAXF92i?cvid=2296cd7ab9e242c08794323f2442740c&ocid=winp2sv1plustaskbarhover

If ISIS really knew what was going on in this country, wouldn't they have gone after Dick Cheney?

However, if you read the story, they had a number of targets with specific objectives in mind.

LiberalArkie (14,612 posts)

1. I am a little torn about this, but if Cheney was tossed in, to could be a go.

Stay classy, DUmp!  :whatever:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142921345
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: DUmmy wishes ISIS terrorist could have killed Bush & Cheney
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »
ISIS wasn't much of a thing until Obama opened up a huge power vacuum by withdrawing from Iraq and giving them a base of operations. ISIS wasn't much of a threat when Bush was in charge.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: DUmmy wishes ISIS terrorist could have killed Bush & Cheney
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 05:46:04 PM »
ISIS wasn't much of a thing until Obama opened up a huge power vacuum by withdrawing from Iraq and giving them a base of operations. ISIS wasn't much of a threat when Bush was in charge.

....and then arming them through Benghazi.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site