Author Topic: Former L.A. Angels’ official convicted in overdose death of pitcher Tyler Skaggs  (Read 757 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

The end to a tragedy that didn't need to happen.

Eric Prescott Kay, a former communications director for the Los Angeles Angels, has been found guilty of two charges in the 2019 overdose death of Angels’ pitcher Tyler Skaggs, the US Attorney for the Northern District of Texas said.

Skaggs, 27, died on July 1, 2019, in a hotel in Southlake, Texas, before the team was set to play the Texas Rangers.

Kay, 47, was found guilty Thursday of distribution of controlled substances resulting in death and conspiracy to possess with intent distribute controlled substances, according to the federal prosecutor.

Prosecutors said Kay faces between 20 years and life in prison when he is sentenced in late June.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/17/sport/tyler-skaggs-death-eric-kay-conviction-spt/index.html

The Angels had just wrapped up a 6 game homestand in Anaheim with the team traveling to Texas to play the Rangers which freed up and me and a few of my fellow Angel's pyro crew to head up to Seattle to work the July 4 fireworks show for the Seattle Mariners in 2 days.  I had already arrived in Seattle and was waiting in the lobby of the hotel for the rest of the crew to arrive when the story of Skagg's death broke on TV in the lobby.   It was a shock to hear the news considering we had just seen Skaggs pitch 2 days prior and how Skaggs was always friendly to me whenever we passed each other in the tunnels under the stadium after the game. 

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020