Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 788 times)

Offline CC27

Is it just me?
« on: September 10, 2021, 07:50:58 AM »
AngryOldDem (11,561 posts)

Is it just me?

I checked the online edition of my local paper this morning and saw that my state’s AG plans to join others in filing suit to stop President Biden’s mask mandate.

My only reaction was, I just don’t care anymore. I’m tired.

I’m tired of doing the right things — masking, social distancing, getting vaccinated — only to have a group of selfish, arrogant assholes undercut every effort at getting this plague under control. I’m tired of the brute ignorance that poses as informed political commentary. I’m tired of this society thinking that if we all just go back to normal, like nothing ever happened, we can bend this virus to our collective will. I’m tired of seeing people’s deathbed confessions after months of mocking COVID. Those are the ones who I am sick and tired of the most, because they are the main reasons why we are in this endless nightmare in the first place.

We have it totally within our ability to get on top of this. We may not ever fully eradicate it, but the deep, nonsensical political and societal divide has guaranteed that we may never get “back to normal.” Whatever that is.

So, I don’t care anymore about the suits. I don’t care anymore about people not giving a damn about themselves, or their kids, their elderly relatives, or anybody else. The government and science have given them an answer and they are willfully rejecting it. There is no such thing anymore as acting for the greater good. This pandemic has made that crystal clear.

I used to get angry and frustrated, but now I’m just tired. Let the forces of nature sort this out now, as they most certainly will. When you reject all the options and advantages offered to you, like the man who cursed God for not saving him from a flood, you are on your own and you own all the consequences — including your own mortality.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215840716

Don't use the word God in your word salad. DUmmies will not approve.

Offline SVPete

Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:13:18 AM »
Political messages and edicts have consequences. No-thought one-size-fits-all edicts cause resentment and resistance. Treating people like they are unable to discern their best interests cause resentment and resistance. Treating people like they are unable to figure out their own ways to reduce their risk cause resentment and resistance.

As for lawsuits, the wave about to crash on Washington's heads is the wave (tsunami?) of lawsuits against any reg mandating vaccination.

Just for possible future reference (not inviting/teasing/trolling for a response):

* I do wear masks in places that require it if I enter their premises. I'm neither Mask-Nazi nor Mask-Denier (though I think it is well known that the ordinary cloth masks are basically ineffective fashion statements or virtue-signals).

* I am fully vaccinated. I'm neither Vax-Nazi nor Anti-Covid-Vaxxer (though I think the former have made more people vaccine-reluctant than have the latter).

* I've been following daily vaccine injections here, https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total . For the past several weeks the number of injection for each day have been in the 800K-1M range. I wonder how the threat of LIEden's imperial edict will affect that daily number. My guess is that over the next week or two the daily range will drop, significantly. I will try to remember to bump this thread in a week or two with how that injections rate was affected, if at all.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 08:18:54 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:35:35 AM »
... I’m tired of seeing people’s deathbed confessions after months of mocking COVID. ...

DU-Virtue-Signaller AngryOldDem still believes all those long-debunked :bouncy: -lies? :rotf: Somehow, it seems not to have occurred to any DUmmie to wonder how someone dying of Covid pneumonia, probably unconscious, probably intubated with a ventilator, manages to beg for their life!

Has even one DU-member connected the dots between the several debunked :bouncy: -lies and the (to me) obvious fact that there are people playing DU-grade Progs' confirmation biases by telling fictional :bouncy: -tales DU-grade Progs want to believe?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 10:23:58 AM »
"We may not ever fully eradicate this".

"We may not ever fully eradicate this"?

No, we most definitely will not eradicate this. It is or will become endemic (if you believe science). Some people have predicted this since the beginning.

What on Earth compels people to think we could fully eradicate this?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 10:31:05 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 10:24:54 AM »
AngryOldDem wasn’t always this way. In the past, he was an AngryYoungDem and an AngryMiddleAgedDem. And one day he’ll be an AngryDeadDem, but he’ll still be able to vote.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »

Is it just me?

I checked the online edition of my local paper this morning and saw that my state’s AG plans to join others in filing suit to stop President Biden’s mask mandate.

Nice to know the left's plan to wear down their opposition into submission or apathy is working on their own. 
DU-Virtue-Signaller AngryOldDem still believes all those long-debunked :bouncy: -lies? :rotf: Somehow, it seems not to have occurred to any DUmmie to wonder how someone dying of Covid pneumonia, probably unconscious, probably intubated with a ventilator, manages to beg for their life!

Has even one DU-member connected the dots between the several debunked :bouncy: -lies and the (to me) obvious fact that there are people playing DU-grade Progs' confirmation biases by telling fictional :bouncy: -tales DU-grade Progs want to believe?

There's a whole subreddit dedicated to sharing those stories and mocking the victims named the Herman Cain Award in another fine example of the racism and other disgusting tendencies of the left. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 03:32:18 PM »
Well suck it angry old dumb

I got tired of your ilk and their RESIST campaign during President Trump's term so I don't give 2 shits or a rolling donut about what you care about or what you are tired of.

I believe getting vaccinated is a good idea and that the vaccine works but I also believe in personal choice and personal freedom.  I also believe it is very divisive for any President to single out any group of individuals like bidunce did when referring to those not vaccinated in his speech.

I don't like the precedence this sets and worry about what  other demands the government will put on our bodies in the future.  Whats next?  Forced drugging for those who disagree with the current regime?    A mandatory marking system (666 anybody?) on our bodies so the government knows if we think "correctly " or if we have subversive tendencies and need to be closely watched?

This is a slippery slope and I have to ask, what if President Trump had mandated all Americans receive a medical treatment at the risk of losing your job during his term. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 04:04:13 PM »

Is it just me?

No. It's not just you.

You're all retarded statists.

Without exception.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 04:54:18 PM »

Is it just me?

Just imagine how the rest of Americans feel watching this demented ass hole **** up our country at warp speed. :loser: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »
I’m tired of doing the right things — masking, social distancing, getting vaccinated — only to have a group of selfish, arrogant assholes undercut every effort at getting this plague under control. I’m tired of the brute ignorance that poses as informed political commentary.

The least Jabbed in society are the blacks followed by Hispanice. Why do Angry old dems hate colored people so much?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 06:55:15 AM »
* I am fully vaccinated. I'm neither Vax-Nazi nor Anti-Covid-Vaxxer (though I think the former have made more people vaccine-reluctant than have the latter).

This - totally this.

Again, not an anti-vaxxer, I got the first jab back in February and then the top-up after the relevant interval. But I know several people who are less than keen, and I'm not about to bully or mock them for it - still less support mandates which force it on them. The only thing which has made me doubt the wisdom of taking the vaccine has been the insane rants of the vaxo-fascists - there is such vehemence among them, that I can well imagine why people might start to think that there's something amiss with the whole process.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 08:04:23 AM »
This - totally this.

Again, not an anti-vaxxer, I got the first jab back in February and then the top-up after the relevant interval. But I know several people who are less than keen, and I'm not about to bully or mock them for it - still less support mandates which force it on them. The only thing which has made me doubt the wisdom of taking the vaccine has been the insane rants of the vaxo-fascists - there is such vehemence among them, that I can well imagine why people might start to think that there's something amiss with the whole process.

Sums up my thoughts as well.

Took the vaccine soon after I was eligible with pressure from no one (especially not the government telling me to), and will gently encourage taking it but I'm not a vaccine Nazi.

Nor am I a fan of masks and social distancing: That's why I got the damn vaccine you idiots!!!  If I would happen to get one of these variants, there is something around a 99.9% chance I'll survive.  I'll take those odds.

To recap, Ralphie is:

Pro vaccine
Anti mandates
Anti mask wearing
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender