Author Topic: Will the FBI shut down the Internet on March 8 due to a virus concern?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline CG6468

Will the FBI shut down the Internet on March 8 because of computer virus concerns?
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:49 PM on 17th February 2012

The Internet could go dark for millions of users as early as March 8 because of a virus that has corrupted computers in more than 100 countries.

The computer script, called DNSChanger Trojan, taps into fraudulent servers, sending users of the Web to unintended - and sometimes illegal - sites.

Though the FBI has shut down the DNSChanger network and put up surrogate servers, they warned the solution was only temporary - and the court-ordered deadline is March 8.

(snip)

The temporary servers set up by the FBI were created to allow companies to remove the worm from their infected servers; those affected had 120 days to get rid of the malware.

But the court-ordered 120 day period is fast running out.

Now, the FBI would require a court-ordered extension to keep from retiring those servers.

According to security company Internet Identity, as many as half of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as two dozen government entities could go dark once March 8 roles around.

"Roles around..." Six monds ago he be a language person, now he bes a editor...

Really?????
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
It does seem quite suspect.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
It came . . . and went, and we're still able to post here. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline CG6468

It came . . . and went, and we're still able to post here. :tongue:

I forgot all about it...

Offline obumazombie

I forgot all about it...
All about what ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

All about what ?

Exactly. That's what I'm talking about.  :rofl:

Offline obumazombie

Exactly. That's what I'm talking about.  :rofl:
Now we're getting somewhere !