Author Topic: XBox Live question  (Read 2462 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
XBox Live question
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone here subscribes to Xbox Live . . . if so, is there a way to remove a credit card from a subscription?  I'm trying to disable the capability of being able to download things and have them automatically billed to the CC I used when I subscribed for my son (and, yes, he is in trouble!!).  Does anyone have any ideas??
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: XBox Live question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone here subscribes to Xbox Live . . . if so, is there a way to remove a credit card from a subscription?  I'm trying to disable the capability of being able to download things and have them automatically billed to the CC I used when I subscribed for my son (and, yes, he is in trouble!!).  Does anyone have any ideas??

Call the credit card company, and ask them to change your account number.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
Go to http://xbox.com/en-us/live

sign in with link on top right

After signing in you will see a drop down menu with a green button near the top right, click down to 'My Account'.

Then at the bottom of the box on the left side click 'Manage Payment Options'.

You can now edit/remove or add new credit card #

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »
Thanks FGL.  Unfortunately, Microsoft won't let me remove the payment option even though I've turned off the Auto Renewal (and the year has already been paid for).  I keep getting the message that I can't remove this option because of the services associated with it.  There are NO services now associated with the account other than the "Enabled" membership.  :banghead:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail