Author Topic: Problem with PM's  (Read 11617 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Problem with PM's
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »
When I try to put someone's name for the PM to be sent, it kicks it out and places their name below the box with a red "x" next to it. Even if I retype the name in the box, leave the cursor in the box (thus also leaving the name of the person to whom I wish to send the PM) and hit send, it erases the name and tells me I have to send it to someone.

I had a question for Chris_ earlier today, and it was sent. Been trying to send a follow-up and no go.
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Problem with PM's
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »
Well, I went back after posting this and fooled it into sending. Everything happened like I described above, but after I went to the person's profile page and clicked I wanted to send them a PM, I had to hit the red "x" (their name briefly appears in the box then immediately jumps below with a red "x" next to it), then retype in the name and add a "nt" to the body of the post (What I had to say fit into the subject line alone), and it went.

But that's still not normal acting to me. I can work with it if that's the case, but just wanted to let those who may be working on this stuff know what I ran across.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »
It does that, the name jumping from the box to underneath the box, and then the red "x".

I dunno if that's a problem, or if that's the way it's supposed to be.

But anyway, despite that the names are outside of the box, when one hits "send," away it goes to where one wishes it to go.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »
But anyway, despite that the names are outside of the box, when one hits "send," away it goes to where one wishes it to go.

It doesn't on mine. Empty box but names below the box w/ red "x" equals it goes nowhere.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »
Just tried sending 2 PM's to thundley4 and it says they went thru.

Maybe what was happening earlier has somehow corrected itself, because I'm not doing anything different.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 07:31:42 PM »
That was the first time I sent any pms and it is a little confusing.  When the name moves out of the address box and appears below with the redx and square confused me at first.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »
That was the first time I sent any pms and it is a little confusing.  When the name moves out of the address box and appears below with the redx and square confused me at first.

That wouldn't take much......  :p
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson