Author Topic: DUmmy says 'screw the ACA,' because it isn't FREE  (Read 1253 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
DUmmy says 'screw the ACA,' because it isn't FREE
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
mrmpa (2,361 posts) (heretofore unknown DUmmy)

Screw the ACA

#1. It's not health care, it's insurance (duh)

#2. It's expensive (no it isn't. 0chuckles said so. Besides, it's better coverage than anything you already had, remember?)

#3. Last year I qualified under Federal guidelines for Medicaid, but my State didn't expand so I couldn't receive it and went uninsured (Do what MrDorkio says: MOVE. And do what I say: MOVE, and then kill yourself.)

#4. I probably will go uninsured for 2015, last week I viewed plans and the cheapest would cost me $3600 for the premium plus another $3000 deductible, so $6600 I give the insurance company before it pays for anything, that's about 25% of my gross income and about 40% of my net income. (Welcome to 2011, dipshit.)

#5. The ACA website pages aren't loading. (IMPOSSIBLE. That's a RW smear. Just ask 0chuckles.)

I don't want insurance, I want health care. (Provided by a doctor riding a unicorn)

I want what my 84 year old mom has, Medicare. (And I want for you what her mom probably has: death)

I want a one payer system (yeah, one payer: ONE not named you) for everyone under 65. You shouldn't have to qualify for health care based on income, age, sex and pre-existing conditions.(Um, DUmmy? That's exactly what 0losercare is, by definition) I have seen a few plans out there asking the question(s) about health issues.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025827924

I hate the smell of DUmmy butthurt in the morning. It smells like...butt.

Wella (541 posts)
2. The ACA was a bait and switch for those of us who wanted single payer

And still do.

No, the 2008 election was bait-and-switch for you morons.

Lots of weapons-grade bickering going on...worth a look.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: DUmmy says 'screw the ACA,' because it isn't FREE
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »
He's single and makes $26k a year.  More than enough to get a policy thru the ACA.  He's complaining that he didn't qualify for Medicaid because his state didn't expand it.  How do you qualify for Medicaid?  I thought that was for people with no income, or who earned below the poverty level.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »
^Nice pic Gina.
I can make out what he's washing with, but not his tattoo.
Any help out there ?
As an aside, one of my son's basic training buddies got a tattoo after graduating basic.
It was necklace style just like the hero (zero) in Gina's pic.
But it was inked mirror image so that it could be read normally when seeing it in the mirror.
"Make Good Decisions"
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
I'm always confusing the mrmpa primitive with the diabeticman primitive, probably because their geographic locations are close, western Pennsylvania.

mrmpa (2,361 posts)    Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:17 PM

After near 3 years of unemployment..............

I have a job, if I pass the drug test (always worried about my prescription for vicodin). Will start Tuesday, driving seniors to various places. Pay $8.75 an hour and no benefits. Last job I had the pay was over $50,000 per year. I can't find anything, I get no interviews for anything even half of what I once made.

I don't qualify for Medicaid, but I did qualify today for food stamps, $200 a month retroactive to October 5. Well with a bit of help from Mom I will be able to pay the mortgage and few other bills, until the money comes in regularly. I will also have to start paying back my student loan. That payment will be based upon my income, so that won't be too bad.

Let's just hope the drug test is okay.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018504742
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:50 PM »
diabeticman (2,236 posts)   Sun Aug 11, 2013, 05:25 PM

Need to find a new place to Rent: Looking for DU help.

I live in the New Castle PA area. Need to find another place to rent since this landlord basically is flipping out on us because HIS place is falling apart.

Our lease is up in January and I am looking to get a place line up. I am looking for a one or 2 bedroom place. I NEED All utilities included in the rental price and is pet friendly. My wife is debating on putting an ad in the paper.

We won't trust code enforcement after they said this guy we are currently renting from was a good landlord.

We are willing to pay $550 - $600 That is the most we can go.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023446666
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »
mrmpa (2,361 posts)    Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:17 PM

After near 3 years of unemployment..............

I have a job, if I pass the drug test (always worried about my prescription for vicodin). Will start Tuesday, driving seniors to various places. Pay $8.75 an hour and no benefits. Last job I had the pay was over $50,000 per year. I can't find anything, I get no interviews for anything even half of what I once made.

I don't qualify for Medicaid, but I did qualify today for food stamps, $200 a month retroactive to October 5. Well with a bit of help from Mom I will be able to pay the mortgage and few other bills, until the money comes in regularly. I will also have to start paying back my student loan. That payment will be based upon my income, so that won't be too bad.

Let's just hope the drug test is okay.

I am serious in my asking here...........

I know 4 people that last week decided they needed new jobs.  One hadn't had a job in forever to stay at home with their child and the other was in a job but was offered another through connections. 

Now my question is I used to believe that there were no jobs out there because it seemed everyone was saying that but now that I have seen 4 people from all types of educational backgrounds and careers get jobs just like that I'm left wondering if it's really that hard out there?

Any input?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 03:09:53 PM »

I know 4 people that last week decided they needed new jobs.  One hadn't had a job in forever to stay at home with their child and the other was in a job but was offered another through connections. 

Now my question is I used to believe that there were no jobs out there because it seemed everyone was saying that but now that I have seen 4 people from all types of educational backgrounds and careers get jobs just like that I'm left wondering if it's really that hard out there?

Any input?

Guess it depends. My field was red-hot and it still took me about a year to find what I wanted.  I'm always fascinated at people that ask how to get a job on the facebook trading posts.  They haven't had one in so long, they've forgotten how to actually get jobs.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »

Any input?

I may have some for you soon. My project is ending in 2015. I will have a government "shadower" and will be training them to take my job.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »
Response to mrmpa (Original post)

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 05:35 AM

Politicalboi (12,292 posts)
70. I get MediCal now

If not for ACA I wouldn't have that. Sorry you live in a state that is run by "morans". I live in Ca. It works GREAT for me, and I don't pay a dime. I'm not working and I'm 53. I got free dental too. I can now get some help without being a certain age, or have any children. Maybe you should either get out the vote in 2016, or move to a sane state.

This is what it has always been about for leftists...a free ride and never having to lift a finger or pay.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
I am dual rated and looked for a job in my first rating for over a year.
I gave up/accepted an offer for a job in my second rating, and have been doing that for over 2 years.
In the mean time I have been looking everyday for a job in my first rating and or dual rating(which would be ideal).
I have been sending out resumes, interviewing, getting told how fabulous my qualifications are, but not getting job offers.
Thank goodness I had a second rating to fall back on, and that I enjoy what I do.
I did try to retire prematurely, but my wife would have none of it.
There are pockets of geography and industry that aren't hurting employment wise, but aside from that we have an awful owebumeconomy.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »

Any input?

I think you have to take DUmmy stories with a few boulders of salt: notice how the ones who swear they were making $50k+ a few years ago have (a) been unemployed for years, and (b) when they find work, not only does it seem to be hourly, but it's pretty menial labor. Now, there is nothing wrong with manual and/or menial labor, but if they were so valuable 5+ years ago and can only find hourly work now, there are only a few explanations:

• They're lying.Most probable answer, but what are they lying about? Probably their old compensation.
  • There were making more, but when the economy crashed, they were found out. The dirty little secret about the crash was that for many sectors, it was a chance to cut deadwood loose. To the extent that DUmmies do nothing but bitch and brag about skills that were last in vogue in 1995, this probably holds some water.
  • They don't want a real job. Now, for some of them, like rsmithnumbers, mental illness and illiteracy come into play. But I will wager that when they look around at exactly how much sponging they can do off of productive people, they decide it isn't worth the effort to do even a tiny bit better.
  • They're old.This shouldn't matter, but then again we are talking about DUmmies, who become angrier and more crotchety by the day. It is hard enough for an older worker to get a job, but when you're a complete entitled ass who telegraphs nothing but trouble, it's going to be hard to overcome.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
0bamacare:
This bill was written by people on the LEFT, like Gruber, who knew you were too stupid and desperate to care what was going on behind closed doors. You never questioned, you never wanted to know what was in it as long as your elites were patting you on the head and telling you it would be cheaper or free, everyone would be covered & you could keep your current insurance and your doctor. You believed Nan from Fran when she said you have to wait until the bill was passed to see what was in it.

But remember this:
It was those awful, racist (even though the majority of the congress who passed the bill were white) "tea baggers" who were protesting the bill. We did the math & understood what happens when the government takes over anything. We knew how devatasting it would be for the economy. That all the promises being made were lies.

It was REPUBLICANS who weren't even invited into the room when the bill was being written, negotiated & passed. Not even ONE Republican voted for this disaster. YOU own it. Wallow in your misery and gullibility.

The DUmmie who finally has a job:
So how has he been making his house payment for all those years he didn't have a job? Did mom pay for that, too? Why hasn't he done what everyone else has to do & get more than one PT job?
If his Vicodin is prescribed by a physician why would a drug test matter? He has proof he's not taking it illegally, unless one of the requirements of the job is to not be on any medication that could impair his driving ability and he lied on his application.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 05:13:32 PM »

The DUmmie who finally has a job:
So how has he been making his house payment for all those years he didn't have a job? Did mom pay for that, too? Why hasn't he done what everyone else has to do & get more than one PT job?
If his Vicodin is prescribed by a physician why would a drug test matter? He has proof he's not taking it illegally, unless one of the requirements of the job is to not be on any medication that could impair his driving ability and he lied on his application.

Cindie

I am also surprised at the number of single men on DU aged 50+ who still rely on Mommy and Daddy.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »

Cindie

I thought that also. As long as you have a script I don't think they can do a darn thing...........right?  You just have to tell them "Yes, I'm taking Lortabs and here is my prescription for it"

Offline dixierose

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »
I thought that also. As long as you have a script I don't think they can do a darn thing...........right?  You just have to tell them "Yes, I'm taking Lortabs and here is my prescription for it"

If the job has certain "safety" requirements, they can refuse to hire even if certain medications are prescribed, I believe. An example would be a forklift operator or someone operating machinery.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
... when you're a complete entitled ass who telegraphs nothing but trouble, it's going to be hard to overcome.

^this.  When I was in a position to hire, or add my input regarding a new hire, this was one of my biggest concerns.

These kinds of people don't get good references either.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
^this.  When I was in a position to hire, or add my input regarding a new hire, this was one of my biggest concerns.

These kinds of people don't get good references either.

So you WOULDN'T have been moved by rsmithnumbers' cover letter for his wife?  :lmao:
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Dori

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »

So you WOULDN'T have been moved by rsmithnumbers' cover letter for his wife?  :lmao:

lol...that was awful.  If I had opened a letter like that, I would still be laughing about it.  My bosses reaction to it would have been even funnier.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
lol...that was awful.  If I had opened a letter like that, I would still be laughing about it.  My bosses reaction to it would have been even funnier.

I have to admit, I sort of feel sorry for that man. He's obviously got some sort of developmental issue that age never corrected.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »

I have to admit, I sort of feel sorry for that man. He's obviously got some sort of developmental issue that age never corrected.

It's disturbing. That post doesn't work, nor do a lot of my DU2 bookmarks. Some do, many now don't.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »
Same DUmmy made a post in the lounge that Carol locked:
[
Mon Nov 17, 2014, 03:33 AM

mrmpa (2,365 posts)

I'm staying the hell out of GD in the future......

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by cbayer (a host of the The DU Lounge forum).
I'm getting banged up over there

Response to mrmpa (Original post)

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 05:36 AM

ColesCountyDem (2,962 posts)

3. What 'blue' state didn't expand Medicaid?

Offhand, I can't think of one, although you say you live in one that didn't.

Hiya, perv.

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=97634.msg1231971#msg1231971

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »
Mon Nov 17, 2014, 03:33 AM

mrmpa (2,365 posts)

I'm getting banged up over there

Rhetorical
Polemical
Deserved
Desired

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »

It depends on the job.  There are jobs where you can't be using any kind of drugs beyond OTC painkillers or antibiotics, like a lot of CDL driving, a lot of local driving jobs, flying planes, a lot of HAZMAT-related jobs, lots of jobs around potentially-dangerous gear or equipment like guns/fire/cryo, and jobs where there is a real concern about liability from a drug-affected worker screwing up something important that could cause big liability or reputation damage to the business down the road.  Outside of a few narrow areas, the employers have pretty wide discretion on deciding what their liability exposure might be. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
It depends on the job.  There are jobs where you can't be using any kind of drugs beyond OTC painkillers or antibiotics, like a lot of CDL driving, a lot of local driving jobs, flying planes, a lot of HAZMAT-related jobs, lots of jobs around potentially-dangerous gear or equipment like guns/fire/cryo, and jobs where there is a real concern about liability from a drug-affected worker screwing up something important that could cause big liability or reputation damage to the business down the road.  Outside of a few narrow areas, the employers have pretty wide discretion on deciding what their liability exposure might be.

My job doesn't want anyone working on prescription painkillers.   Some people have had to have drug tests done before being cleared to come back to work .