Author Topic: DUmmies Deflect Blame Regarding Walmart Shopping Spree  (Read 2087 times)

Offline JakeStyle

DUmmies Deflect Blame Regarding Walmart Shopping Spree
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »
Contrary1 (11,041 posts)            Mon Oct 14, 2013, 02:08 PM

Walmart: "Keep the registers ringing."
EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana

"The Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system allows recipients of government food stamps to purchase goods using a digital card with a set spending limit, but for a few hours over the weekend, that limit disappeared for many users visiting Walmart stores in Louisiana.

Walmart and local police in Springhill and Mansfield confirmed to CBS affiliate KSLA that officers were called into the stores to help maintain order Saturday as shoppers swept through the aisles at two stores and bought as much as they could carry.

Xerox, which hosts some of the infrastructure used by the EBT card system, told KSLA that a power outage during a routine maintenance test caused the temporary glitch.

Walmart workers phoned their corporate headquarters to ask how they should handle all the shoppers with unlimited, government-funded spending limits, and were told to keep the registers ringing..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57607332/ebt-benefit-card-glitch-sparks-walmart-shopping-sprees-in-louisiana/   

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023847140#post13

Response to Contrary1 (Original post)

Star Member kestrel91316 (48,064 posts)  Mon Oct 14, 2013, 02:16 PM

1. Xerox can foot the bill. It was their screwup that caused this.

joeglow3 (3,594 posts)  Mon Oct 14, 2013, 02:28 PM
3. Will the individuals be prosecuted?

I doubt the EBT cards are anonymous. They know who stole.

Response to joeglow3 (Reply #3)

surrealAmerican (7,971 posts)  Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:13 PM
8. It was Walmart who stole.

The employees did the right thing in checking with the higher-ups. The executives made the call and bear the responsibility here.

Response to surrealAmerican (Reply #8)

Fla_Democrat (1,927 posts)  Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:18 PM
10. Oh, do tell

How did Walmart steal, exactly? In this particular case.

Response to Fla_Democrat (Reply #10)

Star Member ScreamingMeemie (61,547 posts)   Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:25 PM
13. Stores make a profit when items sell.

I am quite sure the management at these stores knew (as we all do) that EBT benefits will not cover more than 1 cart of food.

One, the customers should not have taken advantage. Two, the store should not have let them.

No simple solution.

justice1 (731 posts)    Mon Oct 14, 2013, 02:58 PM
6. Walmart should be prosecuted, along with the other participants in the scam.

Once they realized their machines weren't working correctly, they should have shut them down. Instead they waited until the shelves were clear.

karadax (3 posts)    Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:04 PM
7. Will there be outcry if..

Those individuals that exceeded their monthly EBT allotment have to pay it back by going without benefits until the account has a positive balance ? From what I saw people had 2 to 3 shopping carts full of items so they should be ok. Unless they sold it..

Lousy freeper troll!

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: DUmmies Deflect Blame Regarding Walmart Shopping Spree
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »
I'd love to see the daily sales log in those stores!!!!  Bet they set records.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
I have a feeling someone is going to be getting a phone call in the morning.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »

I DREADED working overnights on the first of the month!

The Walmart I worked at had a minimum IPH (Item Per Hour) score of 350-400, mine was constantly in the 450+ range, working overnight!  I saw 2 customers with 2 buggies FULL of stuff leaving the store while I was pushing shopping carts later that night, the same 2 customers I checked out before my 2 am break with 2 fully loaded buggies (4 total!).  My tax dollars at work!   :censored:

One first of the month, I had an IPH of 695, my CSM had a 744!  This was all between 12 midnight and 6 am, when I got off from work at Walmart and went to work at the local Pepsi plant, from 7:30 to 4:00 (got to catch a hour nap in the parking lot between jobs).
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »
I think Wal mart brought this on themselves, they should of known that no spending limit would have been too tempting to the 0bamaphone crowd.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:39 PM »
EBT balances roll over, so it is conceivable that if somebody was very thrifty with them for a couple of months they could have a lot available the next month. Can you imagine the outcry if Walmart had stopped a valid EBT purchase from going through because it seemed like too much?  Walmart had no way, that I know of, to check what the balance on those EBT cards should have been.  The individuals using them should have had a better idea, and they should be responsible for the extra purchases. 

Offline Undies

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »
I think Wal mart brought this on themselves, they should of known that no spending limit would have been too tempting to the 0bamaphone crowd.

I agree.  I think the store saw dollar signs in some weird convoluted way that would benefit the bottom line.  Idiots, all.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
I don't think Walmart wanted riots in the check-out lanes because blacks thought they had lots of free stuff.

Of all the choices, Walmart made the best one available.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
Response to joeglow3 (Reply #3)

surrealAmerican (7,971 posts)  Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:13 PM
8. It was Walmart who stole.

Congratulations, retard.  That level of mind-bending stupidity takes a long time to acquire and perfect.

I think Wal mart brought this on themselves.

Agreed.  I would think they could have set a $50.00 limit on all EBT purchases until resolved.

they should of known that no spending limit would have been too tempting to the 0bamaphone crowd

If not, they sure do now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:57:21 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 05:59:28 PM »
EBT balances roll over, so it is conceivable that if somebody was very thrifty with them for a couple of months they could have a lot available the next month. Can you imagine the outcry if Walmart had stopped a valid EBT purchase from going through because it seemed like too much?  Walmart had no way, that I know of, to check what the balance on those EBT cards should have been.  The individuals using them should have had a better idea, and they should be responsible for the extra purchases.

I think a limit of 50 or 100 dollars would have fed the 0bamaphone people for a day or two.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 06:08:38 PM »
I fail to see how any of this could be Walmart's fault.

1.  Walmart took the EBT cards, which work like pre-paid debit cards, so if you didn't have enough "cash" on the card, it don't work.  Apparently, the cards worked.

2.  It's not Walmart's responsibility to know if a customer exceeded their "balance", as they had no way of verifying it.

3.  I guarendamntee you're average EBT cardholder knows damned good and well what their limit is, and these DUmbasses exceeded those limits, from 2-10+ times their limits.

4.  I hope the government shuts off their cards until the "overdrafts" are repaid!   :evillaugh:  I love the wailing of Obamasons mamas in the morning!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »

karadax (3 posts)    Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:04 PM
7. Will there be outcry if..

Those individuals that exceeded their monthly EBT allotment have to pay it back by going without benefits until the account has a positive balance ? From what I saw people had 2 to 3 shopping carts full of items so they should be ok. Unless they sold it..

Ya really think the messiah is gonna let HIS people have to pay for this? Doesn't matter they have been caught on video. Yer kiddin', right?

How many "Caucasians" did ya count in this theft?

The DemonRats have turned the Black race into nothing more than leaches of the government.

What's worse is, they know they've done it, and it's how to keep them in line in the voting population.

Sickening!

I have several "black" friends who work or have worked along side me over the years, and find this appalling! O'Bummer can't corrupt them all!

I know that's brutal, but it's the damn truth!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »
I fail to see how any of this could be Walmart's fault.

1.  Walmart took the EBT cards, which work like pre-paid debit cards, so if you didn't have enough "cash" on the card, it don't work.  Apparently, the cards worked.

2.  It's not Walmart's responsibility to know if a customer exceeded their "balance", as they had no way of verifying it.

3.  I guarendamntee you're average EBT cardholder knows damned good and well what their limit is, and these DUmbasses exceeded those limits, from 2-10+ times their limits.

4.  I hope the government shuts off their cards until the "overdrafts" are repaid!   :evillaugh:  I love the wailing of Obamasons mamas in the morning!

Don't get me wrong, it was the fault of the 0bamaphone people for trying to pull one over on the man, but walmart was stupid for not putting a limit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 06:19:45 PM »
Well apparently, according to this article, once Walmart said over the loud speaker that the EBT glitch was fixed, all the welfare apes left the store and left their buggies full of stuff in the aisle.

I liked the part where some lady tried to buy 700 dollars worth of stuff and only had 49 cents on her card. She got "detained". Apparently too stupid, or more likely on her obumbles phone, to hear the announcement.

Obumbles voters

I will say I really can't blame the folks for doing it. Free shit!!!! I'm sure they thought obumbles was taking care of his base. Don't mean it is right or that I condone the behavior mind you... I'm just saying I can understand why they did it.

Now what I would like to see is these people have to go without food for the next two months until their  welfare catches up. Consequences would maybe, just maybe, teach these parasites a lesson.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »

Agreed, even without balances, the purchases were linked to an individual card. IMO, until that is paid back, they should not be able to purchase more. The thieves will go hungry for a month because we all know the ones doing this likely sold it out on the street later that day. nobody needs that much food at one time.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 06:25:09 PM »
Agreed, even without balances, the purchases were linked to an individual card. IMO, until that is paid back, they should not be able to purchase more. The thieves will go hungry for a month because we all know the ones doing this likely sold it out on the street later that day. nobody needs that much food at one time.

Naw Jty... they are all at home cooking up the steaks and lobsters laughing about their good fortune. I really, really, really hope they got to starve for a month or two.

Hell most of them are so daggone fat they need to go on a diet. Might improve their health.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
I understand why Walmart did this.  They probably didn't want the bad publicity, danger to their employees or a riot on their hands.  Its a shame really that the bad expected behavior of society makes businesses have to think that way.

I agree that putting a limit on the amount of purchases might have helped, but apparently that wouldn't have stopped some of them form going out one checkout, coming back in another door and using a different checkout. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 06:51:53 PM »
I understand why Walmart did this.  They probably didn't want the bad publicity, danger to their employees or a riot on their hands.  Its a shame really that the bad expected behavior of society makes businesses have to think that way.

I agree that putting a limit on the amount of purchases might have helped, but apparently that wouldn't have stopped some of them form going out one checkout, coming back in another door and using a different checkout. 

I agree Dori. 100 percent. My 2 cents... it is not Walmarts responsibility though. I walk into Walmart with a CC that has unlimited on it, then why should they have to be responsible for checking it or limiting purchases?

I wonder what would have happened if this happened in California or NYC or Detroit. /sarcasm

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline kraven

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »
I read part of the reason Walmart allowed it is they were swamped with people and the workers were afraid of riots. Likely a real threat for that crowd. I like how posters are asking how word go out and so many showed up. Duh, all the theiving hoodrats have iPhones and obamaphones and twitter and Facebook. Word spread like wild fire.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:20:50 AM by kraven »

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 05:57:57 AM »
I read part of the reason Walmart allowed it is they were swamped with people and the workers were afraid of riots. Likely a real threat for that crowd. I like how posters are asking his word go out and so many showed up. Duh, all the theiving hoodrats have iPhones and obamaphones and twitter and Facebook. Word spread like wild fire.

Yea it is amazing how bad off a huge portion of the black community is. We have to get politicians with back bones to start making people on Welfare work for their benefits. Even if it is just picking up trash or sweeping the courthouse parking lot. Make being poor and uneducated very uncomfortable.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 06:53:05 AM »
Yea it is amazing how bad off a huge portion of the black community is. We have to get politicians with back bones to start making people on Welfare work for their benefits. Even if it is just picking up trash or sweeping the courthouse parking lot. Make being poor and uneducated very uncomfortable.

It's time for We, the Taxpayers to get some return on our investment. Put 'em to work. The only exception: Permanent total disability.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:06 AM »
It's time for We, the Taxpayers to get some return on our investment. Put 'em to work. The only exception: Permanent total disability.

You racist!

(Hey, I just getting it in there before they do.)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 07:51:36 AM »
Was Walmart the only store that this happened to or is it just WALMART the msm wants to try to crucify with this story?
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 07:55:14 AM »
Was Walmart the only store that this happened to or is it just WALMART the msm wants to try to crucify with this story?
Probably the only store in town with a large enough parking lot and assortment of goods where you could sell groceries in the parking lot and then go back in for a large screen TV, computer, Obamaphone, guns and ammo.....like any of them could pass a background check.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 07:56:31 AM »
Something on the news a short time ago.  Louisiana has flat stated that the taxpayers in that state will not cover the overage.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”