Author Topic: Once Again, DUmmies Show Ignorance, Hatred of Life  (Read 2098 times)

Offline VivisMom

Once Again, DUmmies Show Ignorance, Hatred of Life
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:45:47 PM »
The logic baffles.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=217x6187

ris   (1000+ posts)            Mon May-12-08 05:46 PM
Original message
The Pill Kills 2008 - Protests for June 7th -anniversary of Griswold vs Connecticut

Join young people across the country on Protest the Pill Day '08: The Pill Kills Babies on June 7 and witness outside of clinics that distribute this killing poison.

http://thepillkills.com /

Is there any question what the anti-abortion crowd's REAL intent is?

So I did some research on this, and it turns out that it's true. Because the Pill and other hormonal forms of birth control can cause blood clots, it has caused women to have strokes.

But never mind those pesky facts!

benddem (1000+ posts)           Mon May-12-08 05:54 PM
Response to Original message
1. they are against sex

and anti-woman...no doubt about it.

uppityperson   (1000+ posts)            Tue May-13-08 01:58 AM
Response to Reply #1
7. from that website... (I went so you don't have to)...

"a man who grows accustomed to the use of contraceptive methods may forget the reverence due to a woman, and... reduce her to being a mere instrument for the satisfaction of his own desires, no longer considering her as his partner whom he should surround with care and affection."

"sexual activity outside of marriage is seriously wrong."

"Planned Parenthood has "a vested interest in lying to young women because they exploit them."

Iris   (1000+ posts)            Tue May-13-08 11:39 AM
Response to Reply #7
8. I'm always baffled by the Planned Parenthood exploits women argument.

And the pill makes men forget having "reverence" for women?

Have these people never met any women who actually are comfortable with and enjoy their sexuality despite what Planned Parenthood and men have to think about it?

I think women should enjoy their sexuality. However, I don't think they should use murder as a form of birth control.

niyad   (1000+ posts)          Mon May-12-08 06:49 PM
4. as I tell people repeatedly, at the heart of every single anti-choice argument

whether moral, religious, whatever, lies a profound hatred for women. each and every argument says that someTHING (zygote, church or state) or someONE (the sperm donor, is more important than the woman.

they hate women, they hate the fact that women can, and DO enjoy sex, and they hate the fact that women are entitled to decide what to do with their own bodies. patriarchy has a lot to answer for.

Niyad, you are a tool. A giant ****ing tool, to be precise.

The heart of the pro-LIFE movement is NOT a hatred for women, but a belief that people should be RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS. Screwing around=possible pregnancy. YOU made the CHOICE to have irresponsible, unprotected sex with someone you were not married to, so YOU should have to deal with the CONSEQUENCES of said action.

Women should enjoy sex-I know I do. But once you get pregnant, your body is no longer yours alone. I know, I know...it's not a life, blah blah bullshit. Whatever. You're just selfish.

Nobody (1000+ posts)         Tue May-13-08 01:31 PM
9. Since when is a blastocyst more important than a living breathing woman?

Oh yeah, that's right.

A blastocyst that hasn't implanted in the uterine lining and that has no undifferentiated cells and that you need a microscope to see has always been considered to be more important than these people's mothers. And sisters. And daughters. And neighbors.

These are the same people who want their daughters to die of cervical cancer instead of getting a vaccine that will prevent it (100% effective according to every study)

These are the same people who would rather see women die of ovarian cancer than take an easy option to reduce the risk by nearly 50%. Take the Pill for 5 or more years and you've significantly reduced your risk of getting ovarian cancer. This is a type of cancer that is almost never detected in time and the survival rate is very low.

The health and happiness of women doesn't count to them. They consider us to barely be human in their eyes. Especially if they equate preventing a pregnancy with killing a small child.

Birth control pills remain the most effective form of birth control. There is still a failure rate, but it's pretty small. We need all the facts on every method of birth control, with failure rates, how to use, how to combine to increase effectiveness further.

Oh, the stupidity of the DUmmies:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/understanding_birth_control_medications_contrace/article_em.htm

Side effects: Birth control may cause a change in vision, necessitating a change in prescription, or an inability to wear contact lens. Birth control pills do not provide protection from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The pills must be taken daily and consistently (at the same time every day). If a woman stops taking birth control pills, it may take a few months for her normal ovulatory cycle to return; however, once stopped, a woman can become pregnant even if her cycle has not returned to normal. The following general side effects apply to all the hormonal birth control medications, regardless of how they are taken (for example, pills, topical patch, injection): nausea, breast tenderness, fluid retention, weight gain, acne, breakthrough bleeding, missed periods, headaches, depression, anxiety, other mood changes, and lower sexual desire. Additionally, the following more serious side effects may occur:

Thromboembolism (blood clots): Women who use estrogen-containing birth control pills are at a 3- to 6-fold increased risk of developing blood clots. Blood clots may lead to deep vein thrombosis, heart attack, or stroke. Additional causes of blood clots include advanced age, obesity, family history, recent surgery, and pregnancy. Low-dose (less than 50 mcg of ethinyl estradiol) oral contraceptives pose less risk than older, higher-dose formulations. Cigarette smoking increases the risk of blood clots in women using combination contraceptives, particularly for women older than 35 years and those who smoke more than 15 cigarettes per day.

Breast cancer: The association of birth control pill use and breast cancer in young women is controversial. The Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer performed the most comprehensive study in 1996. The results demonstrated that current pill users and those who had used birth control pills within the past 1-4 years had a slightly increased risk of breast cancer. Although these observations support the possibility of a marginally elevated risk, the group noted that pill users had more breast examinations and breast imaging studies than nonusers. Thus, although the consensus states that birth control pills can lead to breast cancer, the risk is small, and the resulting tumors spread less aggressively than usual. Most doctors currently believe that birth control pill use might interact with another primary cause to stimulate breast cancer.

Cervical cancer: The relationship between birth control pill use and cervical cancer is also quite controversial. The risk is not related to the contraceptive agent itself but to how it leaves a woman unprotected from STDs. Early sexual intercourse, numerous lifetime sexual partners, and exposure to human papillomavirus are all important risk factors. Most authorities now believe that, if birth control pills increase the risk of cervical cancer at all, the risk is small.

Benign liver tumors: Hormones are metabolized by the liver. A small increase in the frequency of benign liver tumors may exist, particularly after 4-8 years of birth control pill use.

Diabetes: Progesterone and high estrogen doses may alter blood glucose (sugar) levels in diabetic women.

So you'd risk breast cancer, cervical cancer, possible stroke or heart attack, liver tumors, and more, just so you can **** a stranger without a condom? You are S-M-R-T, Nobody. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Once Again, DUmmies Show Ignorance, Hatred of Life
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
Since when are Republicans anti-sex? :bs:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
If the risks associated with abortion were tied to any OTHER surgical procedure or medication NOW and every other women's group would be screaming their heads off for to be banned.

Did you know more women have died from legal abortions than from illegal ones?
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:30 PM »

Don't conservatives have more kids than liberals?  Who's anti-sex?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »

Don't conservatives have more kids than liberals?  Who's anti-sex?

SHHHHHHHH.  DUchebags and facts do not get along very well.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:25:24 PM »
benddem (1000+ posts)           Mon May-12-08 05:54 PM
1. they are against sex

and anti-woman...no doubt about it.

Take the pill, get a blood clot, and die.
For those that would murder their own child, can this be so wrong?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 03:27:08 PM »
niyad   (1000+ posts)          Mon May-12-08 06:49 PM
4. as I tell people repeatedly, at the heart of every single anti-choice argument

whether moral, religious, whatever, lies a profound hatred for women. each and every argument says that someTHING (zygote, church or state) or someONE (the sperm donor, is more important than the woman.

they hate women, they hate the fact that women can, and DO enjoy sex, and they hate the fact that women are entitled to decide what to do with their own bodies. patriarchy has a lot to answer for.

My oh my, you are so full of hate.
You must be...um...ugly.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »
They consider us to barely be human in their eyes.

No, I consider you and your ilk to be completely inhuman.
There is a difference and it is YOU that made that difference.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »
niyad   (1000+ posts)          Mon May-12-08 06:49 PM

My oh my, you are so full of hate.
You must be...um...ugly.

Ummm I don't hate women niyad, as I am a woman.  If you are going to label me anti-choice, I will tell you the reason I am.  The minute I found out I was pregnant I considered my "blob of cells" my baby.  NOTHING could make me want to get rid of "it". 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »
Meetcha in the airport bathroom again, big boy?  :-*
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »

Must be one of those things in McCain's platform, trying to pull in the Lefties.  That's all I can figure...

:naughty:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:49 PM »
Abortion has always meant one thing to these animals...a safety valve which enables them to have an irresponsible,hedonistic lifestyle without consequence.

They don`t give a rats a$$ about the health and well being of any lady,only that they can "get some" and then wander off to another area of the island for some more without moral qualms.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »
Why is it that liberals always fall prey to exploitation by huge money-making schemes that play their heartstrings? Think women's rights or saving the planet or name-that-liberal-movement. Heh, I said movement.  :evillaugh:

They are despicable ghouls who care not one whit about millions of women who have been slaughtered in the womb.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:35 AM »
Anti-choice? That's funny coming from a supporter of murder.

Let's apply "choice" to a scenario, shall we?

I don't know if the DUmmie niyad is a woman; however, I suppose even if it's DUmmie man

The DUmmie niyad makes the CHOICE to bee-bop down to the bar. She's hoping to find some poor, unsuspecting man with beer-goggles on. She's in luck. She finds a fellow who has drank so much that his eyes are blurred. She CHOOSES to turn on her slutty "charm". She CHOOSES to lure the drunken fellow into the sack. She CHOOSES to screw him without making him wear a condom.

You will notice that throughout this episode the DUmmie niyad has been making CHOICES.

Now let's fast-forward to the morning...the combination of sleep and screwing a bar tramp all night has sobered niyad's conquest. As he gets his first sober look at the slut he spent the night screwing he is terrified. He can tell that she is liberal by her lack of hygiene. He knows that liberals are lazy, money-sucking scum who will happily spend their lives leeching off of others. What in the world should he do? I guess he has a CHOICE to make.

Tell me niyad, should he CHOOSE to accept the consequences of his actions of should he CHOOSE to murder the leech? After all, he's an actual human and you are only a liberal.

Myself and other who are PRO-LIFE would say that murder is not a solution and he should accept the consequences of his actions, but what would you say?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 07:18:34 AM »
The anti choice label always amuses me.  Doesn't sound like the fetus gets much choice in this matter if you ask me, so which side is really anti-choice?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 07:26:43 AM »
The anti choice label always amuses me.  Doesn't sound like the fetus gets much choice in this matter if you ask me, so which side is really anti-choice?

But . . . but . . . it's just a blob of cells!

/DU

Why do I feel as if I need to take a shower with 12M HCl right about now?

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »

But . . . but . . . it's just a blob of cells!

/DU

Why do I feel as if I need to take a shower with 12M HCl right about now?

That's a common feeling when reading DU discussions on... on anything really. There is not another group on Eart who manages to maintain such a distorted view of reality and not end up in prison or some other life long institution.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.