Author Topic: John Kerry: I won the 2004 Election  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
John Kerry: I won the 2004 Election
« on: January 12, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »
John Kerry: "I won the 2004 Election"
by The Angry Democrat
Sat Jan 12, 2008 at 10:29:47 AM PST

I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) at a soiree sponsored by our local Democratic Party. Come here the startling thing he said to me about the 2004 elections.

Several weeks ago our local Democratic Town Committee held its biennial fund raising dinner. We invited many elected Democratic officials including both our US Senators. However, we never expect the Senators to attend such a small function. Well, on the morning of the event I got this phone call, "This is....from Sen. Kerry's office. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, the Senator would like to attend your dinner tonight." Once I picked my jaw up off the floor, I was able to use it to speak. I wanted to say, "Duh...of course he can come", but what I really said was that we would be honored and delighted if he attended. Not to be cynical, but I am sure the fact that the Senator is running for re-election in 2008 factored into his appearance in our town.

Sen. Kerry and a few staff arrived during the cocktail hour, and he began working the crowd as only an experienced politician can. I was lucky enough to pull him aside, get my picture taken with him, and have a brief conversation. I said to him, "You know, you really won the election in 2004", and his response was...

"I know."

He then continued to work the room, and later in the night he gave a good speech meant to inspire the troops to go out and fight for Democratic ideals. But his simple two word response haunts me. If he thought he had won the election, why did he concede it so quickly? His campaign had set aside several million dollars from his campaign for a Florida-2000 type scenario. Why didn't he fight the tainted results that came out of Ohio? If he had fought the results we might have been spared the disaster of the second Bush administration and the world would be a much better place.

The Daily Kook

First Gore, now the traitor. Those guys are good........for a laugh.  :lmao:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: John Kerry: I won the 2004 Election
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 12:07:28 AM »

Sweet! Type in loserbar with colons around it. It's now a smilie.  :evillaugh:

:loserbar:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »

Sweet! Type in loserbar with colons around it. It's now a smilie.  :evillaugh:

:loserbar:

damn you're fast
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:45:27 AM »
I happen to know for a FACT John Kerry didn't win the election.  How do I know?  He was never sworn in.  It is sooooo simple.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:49:43 AM »
Here we are with less than a year to the next presidential election, and they are still whining about the last one  :lmao:  Seriously, it is done and over, and even with all you DUmmies being so melodramatic, the presidential election really didn't have a serious day-to-day impact on most of your lives  :whatever:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »
Here we are with less than a year to the next presidential election, and they are still whining about the last one  :lmao:  Seriously, it is done and over, and even with all you DUmmies being so melodramatic, the presidential election really didn't have a serious day-to-day impact on most of your lives  :whatever:

Beg to differ, Celtic Rose.

Without their BDS, they'd have to find something else to blame on the tragedy that is their lives!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies