Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss The Delicate Etiquette Of Perversion  (Read 2101 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss The Delicate Etiquette Of Perversion
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
This is a huge bonfire, where swarms of DUmmies argue about acceptable and unacceptable ways to speak with perverts of every stripe and flavor. Wait, strike that reference to "flavor".
JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 07:54 PM
Original message
There has been a lot of transgender bigotry around here the past few days.

First, the term 'transgendered' is not how the community commonly refers to themselves. Using the past-tense of transgender implies that someone has completed sex reassignment therapy (SRT). Most trans people will never experience a completed transition due to how expensive the process is and because insurance doesn't cover the entire cost. Or they may simply chose not to engage in SRT. The choice is entirely up to the individual. Using phrases like 'sex change' should also be avoided due to its focus on the surgical aspect of SRT. Transitioning for trans people is more than just an alignment of their genitals with their gender.

Secondly, calling a trans man or trans woman 'not truly' or 'not entirely' female or male is extremely offensive to a trans person. Trans individuals run the spectrum of gender alignment and just because one doesn't 'pass' for their gender identity as well as someone else may 'pass' doesn't make them any less male or female.

Another thing to avoid is speculating whether or not a trans person is merely someone just cross-dressing to access a bathroom in order to sexually assault someone. This tactic has been used more and more over the past few years by anti-LGBT organizations to scare people to vote against trans-inclusive legislation. The main reason why the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) did not pass last year was because it was held-up by the right wing over bathroom language on how to accommodate trans people in bathrooms and changing rooms.

Again, I think most people have been acting in good faith and have been mostly sensitive to the trans woman attacked at the Baltimore County McDonald's. But moving forward, let's be more aware of the language we use and its possible implications.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x953864
When the legislation most important to you is held up by "bathroom language", that's a pretty good sign you're a pervert.

FreeState  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 08:03 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. I counted over 10 in Just one thread alone
There were a lot of posts the last few days that were over the top disgusting and hateful towards the Trans community. DU has a history of problems when it comes to the Trans community. It has gotten a lot better than it use to be but there is a lot of work still to do on understanding and viewing our trans brothers and sisters as 100% equal even here on DU.

The Philosopher (453 posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:33 PM
Response to Reply #34
48. The Doctor
 You imply that there hasn't been any form of discrimination or "form of intolerance" against the LGBT community, using the phrase "Name one DUer." As if the mods have never had to delete posts, ban users, or that there hasn't been a discussion between the LGBT community here at DU and Skinner about the hard and soft bigotry among the membership of the site; and the mistakes made by the Admins and mods (and users). It's disgusting to use a hyperbole ("...most GLBT friendly sites on Earth.") to wash away the LGBT community's history here.

"Hard and soft bigotry"?? I really hate the term, but here it is: Eeeewwww.

Danger Mouse   (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 08:20 PM
Response to Reply #9
16. To say nothing of people referring to Ann Coulter as a man..
As a moderator, I've removed posts like that a LOT. And not from trolls, but from longtime DUer's who don't realize that saying those kinds of things is quite hurtful.

The Doctor.  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 10:47 PM
Response to Reply #9
37. It was an excellent OP. You'll get no argument there.
Calling people who simply don't know that the past tense of 'transgender' means something particular 'bigoted' or 'homophobic' is entirely intolerant of you.

Not everyone invests themselves in understanding protocols they are not familiar with. Why? Because they didn't know there was a protocol to begin with.
Is that something like the "democrat party"?

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:37 PM
Response to Reply #47
49. Bigotry exists on multiple levels.
Would you agree or disagree that someone can be a bigot without knowing they are one?

Years ago I used the past-tense of transgender and completely realize now that I was a trans bigot for doing so.

As cisgender individuals, our unearned non-trans privilege allows us to perpetrate bigotry even when we think we are not being offensive. As long as we acknowledge we're on a path to greater learning and acceptance, we can then work on minimizing our own internal bigotries.

Holy cow! They've taken chemistry beyond their drug habits! Now they have both trans- and cis- genders! Perverted stereoisomers! Does this mean they have to add a "C" to their alphabet soup of sexual perversions? Are they the LBGTQPDSMBC....community? LS/MFT.

Fire1  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 08:12 PM
Response to Original message
12. So we should refer to a trans male as female and vice versa?
Seems easier not to say anything at all.

It's all so confusing! What should we call them?
Where I come from, "weirdo" always worked. I guess now "democrat" would be okay.

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 10:06 PM
Response to Reply #12
28. Someone who was assigned the sex of 'male' at birth by a doctor
but who now identifies as a female is a transgender female, or may simply identify as female.

If a person was assigned the sex of female at birth, but now identifies as male, they are a transgender man, or may identify as male.

Ultimately, we should just mirror back to someone how they identify to us.

JANdad  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-24-11 10:22 PM
Response to Reply #28
32. I'm sorry....doctors "assign" gender?
I could have sworn that the little bits between the legs determined ones gender????? I cannot keep up anymore....

JANdad  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-24-11 10:44 PM
Response to Reply #35
36. So one having been born with a penis does not automatically
a male make?

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 10:49 PM
Response to Reply #36
38. No.
It appears you have a lot to learn about gender identity and gender expression. Plus, someone who is presenting with genitals attributed to one particular sex may also be intersex.

Aaarrrrgh! Intersex! Now we have to add an "I" to the DUmp's alphabet soup of perversions!!

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:31 PM
Response to Reply #40
46. The fact that you don't distinguish between sexuality and gender
makes me question your "fairly well qualified to answer some of them" caveat.
This DUmmy JackBeck is becoming one of the uppity-type of troublemaker homo that ends up whining with the smug snots at OET.

Aerows  (937 posts)      Sun Apr-24-11 11:00 PM
39. Thank you for the information
I'm a lesbian, and would never intentionally wish to offend anyone in the transgender community, but even I didn't know there was a difference between using the terms transgendered and transgender. I certainly didn't know it was offensive.

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:11 PM
Response to Reply #39
41. As a white, non-trans gay male
I work very hard to keep my own privileges in check so that I can continue to be a true social justice advocate. I've made mistakes too, no one is perfect, and have seen anti-trans attitudes even within our own community.

blondeatlast  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:57 PM
61. Very proud to say a recent DU guest was 86ed yesterday for the silly, paranoid bathroom
thing and the obvious hatred for a particular gender.

DUmmies are especially sensitive to any restrictions placed on bathroom activities.
To most DUmp democrats, public bathrooms are romantic destinations.
It's where they go to find their "partners".

flvegan  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-25-11 12:12 AM
76. Jack, I've long considered you my friend.
I think your OP is dead spot on. It's a shame that we've seen some of THE responses here. I don't doubt that you didn't expect stupidity. I hope that morons don't cause you to shy away from making these posts when you do

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-25-11 12:33 AM
Response to Reply #76
90. The feeling is mutual, brother.
Truth be told, right after I posted the OP I remarked to the hubby, 'let the hate parade begin.'
For the seond time in one thread, "Eeeewwww."

Offline Karin

Re: DUmmies Discuss The Delicate Etiquette Of Perversion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »
I saw that thread earlier, and as it was, it made me twist my head off.  It has apparently grown and blossomed over there in the DUng heap. 

I thought this was a nice little encapsulation of a DUmmy:

As a white, non-trans gay male, I work very hard to keep my own privileges in check so that I can continue to be a true social justice advocate.
   ::)  Self-important wanker. 

I remarked to the hubby
  Oh Good Lord. 

I still don't know what a cisgender is, and I don't want to know, or care. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »

The only thing I can think of would be some sort of utilization of the "trans-" and "cis-" adjectives for certain chemical compounds.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
Well, aside from any chemical considerations, every democrat male I see on TV (I almost never see one in person), appears to be a total cissy. So it may just be a matter of spelling.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
The only thing I can think of would be some sort of utilization of the "trans-" and "cis-" adjectives for certain chemical compounds.
I looked it up. It means normal. Using DU PC newspeak, untransgender(ed).
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 02:52:20 PM »
JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:11 PM
Response to Reply #39
41. As a white, non-trans gay male
I work very hard to keep my own privileges in check so that I can continue to be a true social justice advocate.

Useful idiot.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »
I looked it up. It means normal. Using DU PC newspeak, untransgender(ed).

Now that's funny. They have to come up with a word for normal people because if you call us normal people that would mean that they are something other than normal aka abnormal.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
You can call a piece of shit a Hershey bar, but that doesn't make it one.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »
Well, aside from any chemical considerations, every democrat male I see on TV (I almost never see one in person), appears to be a total cissy. So it may just be a matter of spelling.

:lol: H5
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
i don't know the protocol of correctly referring to a faggot queer by any other name but faggot queer. I guess I'm just not PC enough to satisfy the DU crowd.

I'll get over it.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
There's only 4 types. Straight, Ghey, Bi and Try. The rest of the alphabet soup all falls under the latter.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »
Holy shit those people should publish a freaking dictionary of different body mutilations to keep us all in check.  How about stop being such a ***** about labels.  How about stop labeling yourself!?!?!?!  How about instead of "Hi I am a bisexual transgender monkey who is into the enviroment, furries, and antiques", you just say "Hi my name is Bob."
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »
I'm so tired of this term and that term being offensive, there's always going to be a word that could be offensive if someone lacks confidence and is always on guard. Buck up!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »
There's only 4 types. Straight, Ghey, Bi and Try. The rest of the alphabet soup all falls under the latter.
There's only 2. Straight and Queer. All that alphabet soup is just a subterfuge to avoid the truth.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
There's only 2. Straight and Queer. All that alphabet soup is just a subterfuge to avoid the truth.
UndergroundPanther? Other?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »
Clearly and sincerely queer.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »

Not "funny haha".

Definitely "funny QUEER".

Very queer...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
Obama is busy destroying the country and the DUmmies are debating lifestyle choices. And yes, it is a choice. Make a bad choice, don't expect everyone to cater to your sensitive sensibilities.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline true_blood

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-24-11 11:37 PM
Response to Reply #47
49. Bigotry exists on multiple levels.
Would you agree or disagree that someone can be a bigot without knowing they are one? Years ago I used the past-tense of transgender and completely realize now that I was a trans bigot for doing so.
Stop sounding like such a fag! :catfight: :catfight:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
It must suck to not know what you can and can't say. Such is the life of a liberal. Past-tense transgender or transgendered, hmmm...which one wont offend the gender confused person?!?  They must have to carry around the latest, up to date, liberal dictionary.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 10:21:40 PM »
It must suck to not know what you can and can't say. Such is the life of a liberal. Past-tense transgender or transgendered, hmmm...which one wont offend the gender confused person?!?  They must have to carry around the latest, up to date, liberal dictionary.

If you think that's bad, try learning German.  :wink:

Gender-related and past/present verbiage... it's enough to drive any decent Englishman to ruin.  You can live your entire life and not learn the German language. 

"Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him till he emerges on the other side of his Atlantic with his verb in his mouth." -- Mark Twain.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:45 PM »
If you think that's bad, try learning German.  :wink:

Gender-related and past/present verbiage...
Try Japanese, where men and women must use different words for the same things, and different speech patterns. Learning Japanese or Mandarin must be among the most difficult things a human brain can do.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 10:43:38 PM »
Try Japanese, where men and women must use different words for the same things, and different speech patterns. Learning Japanese or Mandarin must be among the most difficult things a human brain can do.
I didn't think of that.  If it's anything like Chinese, not only do you have past/present and gender, there are also social constructs to consider.  God forbid you address your future grandfather as a Lowai.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »
Another thing to avoid is speculating whether or not a trans person is merely someone just cross-dressing to access a bathroom in order to sexually assault someone. This tactic has been used more and more over the past few years by anti-LGBT organizations to scare people to vote against trans-inclusive legislation.

Um...anybody else ever see anything in the news about this?? Not I.

I ask you to back up your clain, or STFU, twink.

JANdad  (1000+ posts)      Sun Apr-24-11 10:44 PM
Response to Reply #35
36. So one having been born with a penis does not automatically
a male make?

Um...apparently not in DUmor Land...:shocked:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:45:36 PM by Revolution »

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 12:35:39 AM »
Um...anybody else ever see anything in the news about this?? Not I.

I ask you to back up your clain, or STFU, twink.

Not really, but I've seen plenty (more than 2 locally) of examples of perverts doing exactly what this DUmbass is claiming is no more than homophobic propaganda.  And if there was enough evidence for a moonbat judge in Denver to convict the perv, you know it had to be BAD.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus