Author Topic: Democrats, liberals, and primitives create their own monsters  (Read 862 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
It's too early to tell, but it just might be that with all of the tea parties taking place all across America, and the Democrat, liberal, and primitive reaction to them, something new is evolving in the public.

An iron-clad, rock-solid, no-exceptions rule of physics is being applied.

For every action there is an equally strong reaction.

I am honestly surprised that this rule is so often disregarded or dismissed by those who think themselves intellectually "superior" to decent and civilized people.

It's a scientific law, after all.

For every action there is an equally strong reaction, and there's not a damned thing one can do about it.

This time and place is always fated to competition, conflict, and strife; "unity" and "peace" come only with the grave, never before.

I am reminded of the administration of James Carter (1977-1981), one of the two most incompetent presidents in American history, along with that other Great Humanitarian Herbert Hoover (1929-1933).

That was when this bogeyman of the left, the evolution of the so-called "religious right," occurred, with all of its accompanying successes (although not nearly enough; Ronald Reagan and the first George Bush were constantly obstructed by negative nay-sayers such as the bloated corrupt Tipsy O'Neill and Vast Teddy, and so was not able to do as much good as America needed done).

I am struck by the apparent fact that the "religious right" never existed before 1977; as a fancier of ancient newsmagazines, I've always looked for references to this "religious right," and the term seems to have never existed before the administration of the second Great Humanitarian.

Not under Ford, not under Nixon, not under Johnson.

Such a phenomenon doesn't appear to have existed before Carter.

So I've always been curious about how this came to be.

It appears that when the Incompetent One took office in early 1977, the interests and concerns of a substantial number of people were ignored, in this case apparently southerners of the various Protestant denominations, tens of millions of them.

They were constantly told by the elites in Washington that they and their feelings didn't count; that they were irrelevant; that people intellectually "superior" to them knew what was best for them.

The best way to make an enemy of a man is by telling him he doesn't count.

I need to repeat that.

And so Jimmy Carter, and not a bunch of southern preachers as is constantly alleged, was the father of the "religious right;" he had only himself to blame for all of his well-deserved misery and wretchedness.

Physics.  It's a wonderful topic.  I think more people should be into physics.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

Re: Democrats, liberals, and primitives create their own monsters
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:05:47 AM »

Wise words.  Does this sound familiar:?
"Well, I won."

And so fueled, came comments on various blogs:

"Well, we won, so get the F*** over it, losers!"
"Face it, the VAST majority of Americans support Obama and his policies!!!!!"
"Move over and STFU you wingnut freaks!!!!"
"If you don't like Obama, get the F*** out of this country!!!!"

Soon after the election, Weekly Standard had an article which mentioned the equal and opposite reaction.  It gave me some heart. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »
"Well, I won."

Soon after the election, Weekly Standard had an article which mentioned the equal and opposite reaction.  It gave me some heart. 
It does indeed make enemies but only a fool would make enemies of people who have the means to act on their dissatisfaction and THAT is what yesterday was about.

DUmmies don't matter yet how many times did they call for general strikes/uprisings.

Obama proves to be the tipping point after decades of fiscal insanity and suddenly a nationwide movement erupts spontaneously. They're furious because they have had their self-aggrandizing illusions destroyed and come face-to-face with a people that reduce them to wimpering dwarves.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »
A second fundamental theory is:

An object in motion remains in motion, an object at rest remains at rest- unless acted upon by an outside source.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:07:50 AM »
A second fundamental theory is:

An object in motion remains in motion, an object at rest remains at rest- unless acted upon by an outside source.
So what you're saying is: them DUmmies ain't moving until mom tells them to get up, get a job and get out.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:14:04 AM »
So what you're saying is: them DUmmies ain't moving until mom tells them to get up, get a job and get out.

That, and the Tea Party movement will continue to move- unless acted upon by an outside force. For example- The MSM's attempt to downplay, ridicule, and mock the events.

Or, barry's thought police swoop in to halt events for 'safety' reasons.

or...etc etc etc
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:03:43 PM »
"Well, I won."

This one always cracks me up...why should I leave the country I love, the country my ancestors served, my family served, my sons served (one still does) because of a flash in the pan who, at the most can serve only eight years. My country is so much more than an empty suit with a teleprompter.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams