Author Topic: Playboy Pedro becomes newspaper reporter; has spelling, linking problems  (Read 1411 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5329142

Oh my.

The multi-skilled, multi-stupid Playboy Pedro:

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-25-09 04:04 PM
Original message

I made the Washington Post today.

This is a piece I did for the Scott Murphy race (to replace Kirsten Gillibrand) in NY.

----------

Limbaugh An Issue in New York Special

Democrats are seeking to use conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh to rally their base in advance of next week's special election in New York's 20th district.

A new direct mail piece from businessman Scott Murphy's campaign features an angry shot of Limbaugh over the words "I hope Obama fails". At the bottom of the piece in parentheses is written "Somebody wants you to stay home on March 31st...."

On the back of the mailer, an Obama drawing is featured with text superimposed over it that accuses "Rush Limbaugh and his lackeys in Washington" of trying to "be a roadblock to the change America desperately needs."

Democrats have been using Limbaugh's comments -- made at his keynote address at the Conservative Political Action Conference last month -- to raise money almost since the moment they were made but using Limbaugh as a turnout tool is a new wrinkle in this strategy.

A series of public polls suggest Limbaugh is a broadly disliked figure among Democratic base voters (no surprise there) but it remains to be seen whether that disdain will translate into a desire to turn out on a random Tuesday in March to cast a vote against a Republican House candidate.

In 2006 and again in 2008, House and Senate Democratic candidate effectively used George W. Bush as the bogeyman who scared their base into action. But, Bush was the president of the United States not a conservative talk radio host.

The mailer provides an interesting window into a broader Democratic strategy to demonize Limbaugh for political gain. Will it work next Tuesday?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/20...

ogneopasno  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-25-09 04:08 PM
Response to Original message

1. Did the Post not correct the spelling of the word "piece"?

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-25-09 04:12 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. Bwhaha! No, that was me...I made the text a hot link and effed it up.

Ah, the simplest things are the ones you tend to mess up.

Who's he kidding?  Playboy Pedro could mess up a rock.

BuyingThyme (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-25-09 04:27 PM
Response to Reply #3

8. ..

Did you mean to link the same page twice? (I wasn't able to find the text page.)

BuyingThyme (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-25-09 04:53 PM
Response to Reply #10

11. Here it is:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/house/limbaugh-...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Fingers crossed that we can take that seat back into the (R) column.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

with Steele doing everything but his job, I dunno

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
with Steele doing everything but his job, I dunno

Too many downstaters have infiltrated,used to be a safe district.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
He did a flyer?  Does he design them, make them up, or what?  I guess I'm not sure what his job is but I thought he was the one who has had a lot of jobs - all of them very important ones, of course.  

I kind of got excited for the guy - I thought maybe it was a letter to the editor but it was a flyer without any sort of credit to him?  Or did I miss something?

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
He did a flyer?  Does he design them, make them up, or what?  I guess I'm not sure what his job is but I thought he was the one who has had a lot of jobs - all of them very important ones, of course.  

I kind of got excited for the guy - I thought maybe it was a letter to the editor but it was a flyer without any sort of credit to him?  Or did I miss something?

was this the 1 day job that lost him his unemployment check?? or was that another DUmmie? They all look alike to me =o)

Offline Traveshamockery

was this the 1 day job that lost him his unemployment check?? or was that another DUmmie? They all look alike to me =o)

......And sound alike. 

I wonder if there is a thread over there showing that their little attempt to make Rush Limbaugh the Republican party evil-doer, they exponentially increased his 1st quarter Arbitron ratings? 

They should have learned from the whole Harry Reid letter writing debacle to know that when Rush is attacked by the left, he always comes out on top and making them look even dumber. 

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Oops.

It was grace0418 that lost her unemployment for a one day job.

Like I said they all sound and look alike

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,26602.0.html

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator

Playboy Pedro is an "artist," although it's difficult to tell the difference between his work, and that of the swamp rat primitive or Fat Che's little brother, the Fat Che's Little Brothert beer primitive.

Playboy Pedro once worked for a line of women's clothing, in the advertising department; that's where he got his official screen-name, "Atman," from some line of women's lingerie and and perfumes marketed by Bill Simmons or Richard Russell or whatever.

The anti-George Bush art business in decline, in autumn Playboy Pedro took a job with some sort of mass-marketing company that does fliers and mailers for Democrat candidates.  He does some "art," but mostly he stuffs envelopes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

Playboy Pedro is an "artist," although it's difficult to tell the difference between his work, and that of the swamp rat primitive or Fat Che's little brother, the Fat Che's Little Brothert beer primitive.

Playboy Pedro once worked for a line of women's clothing, in the advertising department; that's where he got his official screen-name, "Atman," from some line of women's lingerie and and perfumes marketed by Bill Simmons or Richard Russell or whatever.

The anti-George Bush art business in decline, in autumn Playboy Pedro took a job with some sort of mass-marketing company that does fliers and mailers for Democrat candidates.  He does some "art," but mostly he stuffs envelopes.

Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Solich.  I knew he was some sort of braggart type who obviously is much better than the rest of us.  He's a legend in his own mind, yes?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Hate to tell you this, neighbor, but one of Tedisco's internal polls out late last week had him down by a point.  For someone that was up by twelve, and all he had to do was not screw it up, that's pretty ****ing bad.  But, the bright side is this:  When the full extent of the Obamessiah's policies take hold, Murphy will be run out of the seat.  This might happen in 2010, but it will definitely happen in 2012.

I'm not optimistic about this one.  At all.  There's talk that Tedisco will be ousted as the Minority Leader of the Assembly in a few weeks if he loses.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I knew he was some sort of braggart type who obviously is much better than the rest of us.  He's a legend in his own mind, yes?

I find there are two basic types of primitives;
  • The type who is smarter and better than the rest of us and should be treated as royalty
  • The type who has been beaten by life & the bogeyman and deserves everyones sympathy

Pedro is most definitely the first kind.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
He's a legend in his own mind, yes?

In his mind is the only place Playboy Pedro's a legend.

To everybody else, including his family and fellow primitives (as frankly admitted by Playboy Pedro himself), Playboy Pedro's just really stupid.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

I find there are two basic types of primitives;

* The type who is smarter and better than the rest of us and should be treated as royalty
    * The type who has been beaten by life & the bogeyman and deserves everyones sympathy

Pedro is most definitely the first kind.

Coincidentally, Barack Obama belongs in the first category as well, except the American people have voted for him to ascend to his throne. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
You know, I'm greatly disappointed in Playboy Pedro.

I finally got around to checking out his link, naturally assuming he had written some sort of literary masterpiece for the Washington Post, based upon his inferences in the bonfire he built.

So I went to the link, and much to my disappointment, found out all Playboy Pedro had done was some sort of cut-and-paste "art"-work job, no literary product at all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I, too, saw the "art" he made for the campaign.  If the American people saw how poorly his "art" is, the outrage over how we allow fools like that to even be allowed out of a padded cell would made it where the AIG thing wouldn't even have hit the papers.  I surprised that someone would even pay for something that poorly done.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
I, too, saw the "art" he made for the campaign.  If the American people saw how poorly his "art" is, the outrage over how we allow fools like that to even be allowed out of a padded cell would made it where the AIG thing wouldn't even have hit the papers.  I surprised that someone would even pay for something that poorly done.

Geraldo was instrumental in the opening of the asylums. I blame him.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
I, too, saw the "art" he made for the campaign.

It's just a cut-and-paste job.

I used to do that as manager of a photocopying center during the late 1980s, early 1990s, pre-internet days.  Cut and paste.

Everybody liked what I did, but I myself would hesitate to call it "art."

It's just a cut-and-paste job.
apres moi, le deluge