Author Topic: subway cat has enough; sarcasm ensues  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: subway cat has enough; sarcasm ensues
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »
The damage leaky shower curtains do to the bathroom underfloor burns my soul, in every home I've owned I replaced them with a door kit from Lowe's or Home Despot.

You know, most things like that are fairly inexpensive but what I was driving at was; While ordinary folks like me don't have to have shower curtains it could go either way but I have NEVER been in a home of someone I would consider rich and seen a shower curtain.  Never.

If DUmmie equates an expensive shower curtain with wealth .... wow.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: subway cat has enough; sarcasm ensues
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 06:13:41 PM »
We got around the little prob...bought a house on a slab.   :-)  There are drawbacks, of course, but I love the fact that the kids can tear around, jump rope, "leap tall buildings," etc, without shaking the house.  :-)

I've lived in plenty of slab houses, moving around when I was a full-time active duty guy all those years, but the big drawback to them emerges when the time comes (and it always does, eventually) that you have to get to the plumbing under it.  Other than that one little thing, they're fine.  My current (and I fully expect last) house is a stone farmhouse build in the 20s with a frame addition built in the 70s.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.