Author Topic: Man walking down street- cops jump out and take him to jail  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Man walking down street- cops jump out and take him to jail
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 02:25:04 PM »
Beautiful area.  Only about 3 hours from home.

It is a beautiful area.  It's about an 11 hour bike ride from where I live though.  I don't get to get out there as often as I would like but I love the riding out there.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 02:41:46 PM »
I have not been there but it looks great!  I have been within 80 miles of there and didn't know those mountains were up there.  Next time I ride out to Big Bend I'll have to make a run up north.

KC

You won't be disappointed if you do. Plus Guadalupe Mountains NP is only 31 miles from my
favorite NP, Carlsbad Caverns.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »
You won't be disappointed if you do. Plus Guadalupe Mountains NP is only 31 miles from my
favorite NP, Carlsbad Caverns.

^5 for the new riding destination!

Going to Angel Fire, NM on the ride this year so I'll have to look at this one for next year.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
^5 for the new riding destination!

Going to Angel Fire, NM on the ride this year so I'll have to look at this one for next year.

KC
I know where that is...been there. If you have time, head over to Red River.  Spent several summer vacations there.
 :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 08:33:56 AM »
I know where that is...been there. If you have time, head over to Red River.  Spent several summer vacations there.
 :cheersmate:

Oh, we'll have time.  Red River is on the itinerary.  When we ride we ride.  We'll ride probably 700 miles the first day which will put us within 150 miles of Angel Fire then, while we're there, we'll ride 300-400 miles per day just checking out the area.  Probably jump up into CO for a stint.  We'll be at Angel Fire for 3 days so we should get to see a lot of the area before we head home.

Servo,  Here is one of the pics from around Big Bend.  This is actually between Terlingua and Presidio.  That is the Rio Grande down in the valley.  Mexico to the left of the pic and Texas to the right.  This was from last April and it was COLD!  LOL

I LOVE it out there.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »
Oh, we'll have time.  Red River is on the itinerary.  When we ride we ride.  We'll ride probably 700 miles the first day which will put us within 150 miles of Angel Fire then, while we're there, we'll ride 300-400 miles per day just checking out the area.  Probably jump up into CO for a stint.  We'll be at Angel Fire for 3 days so we should get to see a lot of the area before we head home.

Servo,  Here is one of the pics from around Big Bend.  This is actually between Terlingua and Presidio.  That is the Rio Grande down in the valley.  Mexico to the left of the pic and Texas to the right.  This was from last April and it was COLD!  LOL

I LOVE it out there.

KC

Very nice picture dude.   I've never been to the Big Bend area but I've always wanted
to go to Marfa and check out the spook lights.    :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
Very nice picture dude.   I've never been to the Big Bend area but I've always wanted
to go to Marfa and check out the spook lights.    :-)

The Marfa Ghost Lights aren't much to see.  Really, don't waste your time on those.  If you are out in that area take in a Star Party at the McDonald Observatory.  It is only about $10/person and it well worth it.

I like that picture.  It is one of my favorite spots out in that area.  That is off the river road ... Hwy 170 if I remember right.  On that Hwy you can see Terlingua Ghost town and Lajitas (the town with a goat for a mayor!).  Great scenery and really, really good riding.

KC

ETA: The goat mayor .... drinks beer.  LOL
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:34:29 PM by Texacon »

*Stolen

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
The Marfa Ghost Lights aren't much to see.  Really, don't waste your time on those.  If you are out in that area take in a Star Party at the McDonald Observatory.  It is only about $10/person and it well worth it.

I like that picture.  It is one of my favorite spots out in that area.  That is off the river road ... Hwy 170 if I remember right.  On that Hwy you can see Terlingua Ghost town and Lajitas (the town with a goat for a mayor!).  Great scenery and really, really good riding.

KC

ETA: The goat mayor .... drinks beer.  LOL

H5 KC

I've heard of the Terlingua ghost town and Lajitas, I will add them to my list of places to visit.

I've been thinking about buying another Jeep.  That would be a nice road trip. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »
H5 KC

I've heard of the Terlingua ghost town and Lajitas, I will add them to my list of places to visit.

I've been thinking about buying another Jeep.  That would be a nice road trip.   

If you get a Jeep make sure you go to Big Bend Ranch! 

KC

*Stolen