Author Topic: When they say "Taxpayer's money"  (Read 728 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
When they say "Taxpayer's money"
« on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
FrenchieCat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Mon Mar-23-09 07:57 PM
Original message
When they say "Taxpayer's money", do you think its like ....really yours?   Updated at 1:52 PM

Edited on Mon Mar-23-09 07:59 PM by FrenchieCat
Cause I remember when Bush used the term when he was pushing his tax cut for the rich.
He would say, "it's your money, you should get it back cause you know what to do with it better than the government can!"

and I used to hate it when he said that....

The reason I ask is because it tickles me sometimes when people mad at the government always refer to the money as being theirs. I realize that it is, but isn't it also the money of corporations, the CEOs, the millionaires, the rich over 250K bank employees who pay more taxes than others? What about the people who don't pay any federal tax at all, should they be mad too, or should they not have anything to say about the matter?

[picture snipped]

What about when we are operating with deficits as opposed to surpluses? Is it still your taxpayer money, or is it future generations of taxpayers money as opposed to ours?

Or better yet, isn't the taxpayers money really money from the Chinese and everyone else that the US borrows from until we pay it back? :shrug:

I'm just saying....If I buy a house for $450,000, and I put down $40,000, is it really my house, or is the bank just letting stay there as long as I make the payments?

I'm just asking because I just saw a group of people with pitchfork walking in a line entering the 7-Eleven, and I wanted to ask them that, but I got scared! :scared:

[Picture snipped : http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/sce56/political-pictures-rioting-crowd-to.jpg file name is accurate. ]

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8285435&mesg_id=8285435

Nice question. Interesting to see you've carefully not given your opinion.

AllentownJake  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Mon Mar-23-09 08:00 PM
Response to Original message
1. Why don't you copy that post and put it on Free Republic

and see your responses.

My guess is you'll get alot of pings.

:wtf:

Excellent non answer. Bonus points for the freeper reference.

Laelth  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Mon Mar-23-09 08:22 PM
Response to Original message
7. Yes. That money belongs to "We, the People."

As a member of "We, the People" that money is mine.

As for your house, it's the bank's. Make no mistake about that.

:dem:

-Laelth

That money is yours, only in the share you paid into it, Which I suspect was little to none.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:24:02 PM by LC EFA »

Offline lars1701c

Re: When they say "Taxpayer's money"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:51:51 AM »
Linky?
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:19:20 PM »
My opinion?  The only way taxation can be justified is if it is voluntary.  The best way I can think of to get people to voluntarily submit to taxation is to make representation in government directly proportional to the amount of tax spent.  Hence my sig line.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »
If we can replace all of them hidden taxes and corporate taxes with a single income tax and then only those who pay taxes can vote. that would be fair.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
My opinion?  The only way taxation can be justified is if it is voluntary.  The best way I can think of to get people to voluntarily submit to taxation is to make representation in government directly proportional to the amount of tax spent.  Hence my sig line.

Spot on.  Ever notice how all the democrats that said we should pay more taxes never paid more.  The IRS will gladly accept more money than your tax bill.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.