Author Topic: I hope I am proven wrong on this  (Read 1300 times)

Offline CC27

I hope I am proven wrong on this
« on: September 17, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »
Ohiogal (5,298 posts)

I hope I am proven wrong on this

But I'm not very optimistic about Dr. Ford's testimony, no matter how credible and truthful, changing any Stone Age minds in the GOP Congress. Remember Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill.

I really, really, hope I am proven wrong.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211143466

DUmmies are always wrong so.

Offline SVPete

Re: I hope I am proven wrong on this
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
With zero contemporary supporting evidence it's She Said vs. 67 People Said. The Rs should ignore a blatantly choreographed lame October Surprise, if not call it out for what it obviously is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 10:41:29 PM »
>Dr. Ford's testimony

Will be fouled on race day.
Found on road idle.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:39:01 AM »
I don't believe a word of it.

This is a calculated ploy to derail a nomination by a president they hate via any means available.

#1. She can't come up with even an approximate date prevents him from providing any kind of an alibi. "June 15, 1982? That was my cousin's wedding. Here are pix showing me there." Or, "my grandmother's funeral." Or, "I had an appendectomy that month and was at home, recuperating."

#2. She told no one. Come on, really? She didn't warn her friends to stay away from this guy? Any teenage girl would have told her bestie(s).

#3. The details in her therapist's report are equally vague. She apparently didn't name Kavanaugh, she referred to "an elitist prep school," not any specific school, and said that he had become powerful. Well, that could apply to a lot of people.

#4. There have been no other accusations against him that are even remotely similar. (Yet. What do you want to bet that there will soon be any number of other radical resisters who come forward with identical stories--including "I never told anyone about it--until now.")

As the mother of two sons, one of my biggest fears was that some crazy chick would come up with some unverifiable accusation against one of them and destroy his life. That is what is happening to Bret Kavenaugh, and it is a total travesty.

If this is allowed to happen to derail Kavenaugh's nomination, there will never be another conservative successfully appointed to any position.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »
I hear Kavanaugh told one GOP Senator he wasn't even at the party.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:42:48 AM »
If she doesn't even know the date of the party, or where it took place, how can he say he wasn't there???

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »

I would like for Kavanaugh to start every reply with "can you give me a day, month or year that this alleged act took place?"  If not then it is impossible for me to answer your question with any degree of accuracy. Then categorically deny it ever happened.  Repeat as necessary.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »
Has anyone asked Whoopie Goldberg if was rape or rape-rape yet?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 10:36:20 AM »
If she doesn't even know the date of the party, or where it took place, how can he say he wasn't there???
Cause that was the night he was dumping all those dead hookers all over Montana./du speak
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
Cause that was the night he was dumping all those dead hookers all over Montana./du speak
Really? Ohhhh...he is legs, this has toast!!!! /du
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
I don't believe a word of it.

This is a calculated ploy to derail a nomination by a president they hate via any means available.

#1. She can't come up with even an approximate date prevents him from providing any kind of an alibi. "June 15, 1982? That was my cousin's wedding. Here are pix showing me there." Or, "my grandmother's funeral." Or, "I had an appendectomy that month and was at home, recuperating."

#2. She told no one. Come on, really? She didn't warn her friends to stay away from this guy? Any teenage girl would have told her bestie(s).

#3. The details in her therapist's report are equally vague. She apparently didn't name Kavanaugh, she referred to "an elitist prep school," not any specific school, and said that he had become powerful. Well, that could apply to a lot of people.

#4. There have been no other accusations against him that are even remotely similar. (Yet. What do you want to bet that there will soon be any number of other radical resisters who come forward with identical stories--including "I never told anyone about it--until now.")

As the mother of two sons, one of my biggest fears was that some crazy chick would come up with some unverifiable accusation against one of them and destroy his life. That is what is happening to Bret Kavenaugh, and it is a total travesty.

If this is allowed to happen to derail Kavenaugh's nomination, there will never be another conservative successfully appointed to any position.
bingo  spot on.  And yes I too anticipate other re...sisters to join in.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »
Around the year 100 A.D. the Roman emperor Trajan responded to a question from his governor Pliny (the Younger) about "anonymous denunciations."  Pliny was the governor of an area in modern-day northern Turkey.

Trajan told Pliny to ignore anything anonymous, especially in criminal cases, but also in general.  "Anonymous denunciations are inadmissible in any case, for they afford a very bad precedent and are unworthy of the spirit of our age."

But they are not unworthy of our age...if you are a Dem!

It matters little that we now know the identity of the accuser: the accusation itself - from high school??? - is vaguer than a fog inside of a fog.  That anybody with any sense would listen to it is incredible!  That the Dems take this seriously in order to derail President Trump's nominee is below pathetic, below laughable, below abhorrent.

That Republicans are partially going along with it shows the Uniparty does indeed exist. 

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 10:32:18 PM »
>I hope I am proven wrong on this...

The proof is in the pudding you swallowed to make your mark on romance.  A blind curve in your
route to happiness, you looked the other way and got tangled up in the route to happiness....welcome to your Nightmare.